Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is CA aware of the chaos ponies and AI issues?

SagezSagez Registered Users Posts: 326
Title.
Does people on discord even ask questions about it or is it just us and reddit?

(well yeah, they are probably aware, they just choose to answer different questions, right?)

I get that flaming swords/eyes are kinda important (no sarcasm here) but it would be great to get a clear message like ''Hey guys, sorry but we can't promise that horses will be made bigger one day''.

Does it make me entitled and spoiled?
Yep, that is sarcasm.
Tagged:

Comments

• IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 842
    They certainly know about the horrible AI.
    But they don't care because neither do large parts of their customers.
  • SagezSagez Registered Users Posts: 326
    Ixalmaris said:

Seems to me like this issue is a growing one. Map issue is alive too.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,078
    The chaos steeds have been too small for the entire lifetime of the series…I would say they view it as a complete non issue, like Alith Anars bobble head
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,473
    well Forum is 80% complaints and its not guaranteed a dev/moderator is reading, discord is the best place to tell the community manager Simone and he passes it up. and he'll tell you the same thing everyone else does... game is a work in progress and they already know. So you're just one of many beating a dead horse

well Forum is 80% complaints and its not guaranteed a dev/moderator is reading, discord is the best place to tell the community manager Simone and he passes it up. and he'll tell you the same thing everyone else does... game is a work in progress and they already know. So you're just one of many beating a dead horse

I got destroyed by logic and reason. Work in progress obviously, wish I knew that!
    Ixalmaris said:

and how did you come to that conclusion? cause they didnt call you and update you saying "we saw your comment we're gonna focus on the AI now" or you can just be patient and wait
  • steam_165405055329iSueZCmsteam_165405055329iSueZCm Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,243
    They got too popular with warhammer 2... they are just some generic aaa dev that can do whatever it wants now and damn the consequences as they got giga casual bucks feeding them. Expect micro, macro transactions, and loot boxes in future games.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    Gamgee said:

They got too popular with warhammer 2... they are just some generic aaa dev that can do whatever it wants now and damn the consequences as they got giga casual bucks feeding them. Expect micro, macro transactions, and loot boxes in future games.

Griefer spotted ^^
    Gamgee said:

Wow straight to chicken little mode huh
  • steam_165405055329iSueZCmsteam_165405055329iSueZCm Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,243

Gamgee said:

Griefer spotted ^^

Gamgee said:

The very fact that I'm outnumbered means I'm right. Oh well CA had a very long prosperous career of video games. No developer lasts forever.
    Prophet of Cathay.
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Griefer spotted ^^

Gamgee said:

The very fact that I'm outnumbered means I'm right. Oh well CA had a very long prosperous career of video games. No developer lasts forever.
    hmmm no, you're just a griefer
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,651
    No. They haven't looked at their own game or any discourse around it.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,651
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Griefer spotted ^^

Gamgee said:

Lol. What unusual logic. People disagreeing with you means you're right.

By that exact logic you believe a whole bunch of terrible things I eill not list because I enjoy not being banned. It's the next level of ignoring reality.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,336
    Discuss the thread topic folks, not opinions of opinions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

Only thing I really wanted to say is I would really like to see developers comment on the issues above. Never wanted to start a ''hate'' thread, I just hoped we could agree on this.

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,463
    Gamgee said:

Gamgee said:

Griefer spotted ^^

Gamgee said:

The very fact that I'm outnumbered means I'm right.
    Finally this poll makes sense!!

Southern Realms lost because it was outnumbered... so it's actually right!

Thanks for clearing that up bud!
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,016
    Sagez said:

Only thing I really wanted to say is I would really like to see developers comment on the issues above. Never wanted to start a ''hate'' thread, I just hoped we could agree on this.

To think there are those who rationalize the ponies for CA stating that "big horses didn't historically exist there, and smaller horses have easier time carrying humans"

In short....there will always be contrarians who make up the most stupid reasons just to hold an opinion against the majority just for the sake of it
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 986
    Around May or so, CA did a Q&A on Discord. One of the questions was "are you guys addressing the Chaos ponies, because they look weird as hell" on which they responded saying they were working on it (and deleted the answer later on).

So yes, they are aware of the Chaos ponies. If they are working on it or not is the real question, but they are aware of it.
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.

#JusticeForTzeentch.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,463
    edited November 2021
    kevManiac said:

Around May or so, CA did a Q&A on Discord. One of the questions was "are you guys addressing the Chaos ponies, because they look weird as hell" on which they responded saying they were working on it (and deleted the answer later on).

So yes, they are aware of the Chaos ponies. If they are working on it or not is the real question, but they are aware of it.

Honestly... how hard is it to upscale the horses by say 10-20%. It's not like CA care about any potential clipping issues. Archeaon is still peeking through his gorget to this day... No mechanical changes needed what so-ever.
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 986

kevManiac said:

Honestly... how hard is it to upscale the horses by say 10-20%. It's not like CA care about any potential clipping issues. Archeaon is still peeking through his gorget to this day... No mechanical changes needed what so-ever.
    I completely agree, and I believe mods fixed the ponies in WH2...
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.

#JusticeForTzeentch.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,272

kevManiac said:

Imagine...the budget for a whole new game and there wasn't enough money to fix the chaos ponies which are existing since the first game...:(
    Sigmar protect us all...

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Schub said:

kevManiac said:

Imagine...the budget for a whole new game and there wasn't enough money to fix the chaos ponies which are existing since the first game...:(
    It is probably more a case of it being a non-issue, and CA simply not allocating people to fix it, because they feel they have bigger issues to fix.

Schub said:

kevManiac said:

It is probably more a case of it being a non-issue, and CA simply not allocating people to fix it, because they feel they have bigger issues to fix.
    This. People are really late to the party on this one, the time to demand action was during game one and since that didn’t happen CA probably thinks it’s not worth revisiting.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,272

Schub said:

kevManiac said:

This. People are really late to the party on this one, the time to demand action was during game one and since that didn’t happen CA probably thinks it’s not worth revisiting.
    "We" are not late. In nearly every WH AMA was a question regarding the Chaos ponies. And also until recently we didn’t know for sure how Tzeentch chaos knights will look like.

Sigmar protect us all...