Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ogre Kingdoms Legendary Lords — Mechanics

2»

Comments

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,247
    Southern Grey Mountains are 2/3rds Karak Ziflin again, meaning no Skarsnik. A potential carry-over LL we can cross off the list. (Potential of a future Drachenfels start gone as well, probably.)
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 591

Now hold on one moment

Ogres have an RoR button, Tzeentch doesn’t. Ogre RoRs confirmed?

RoR usually come with DLC. OK are DLC so.. yeah.

Daemon RoR will probably come with Lord packs. IIRC no base WH2 factions had RoR from the get go either. The only RoR that has been released sans DLC are the 30th anniversary units from WH1 for WE, BM, Brets and Chaos.
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Registered Users Posts: 459
    haha saw the Greasus Goldtooth picture in this blog and thought omg Santa really let him self go this year
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,790
    edited November 2021

Southern Grey Mountains are 2/3rds Karak Ziflin again, meaning no Skarsnik. A potential carry-over LL we can cross off the list. (Potential of a future Drachenfels start gone as well, probably.)

It isn't gone yet.
    This actually doesn't hurt either Dogs of War or Nagash.
    Drachenfels would likely start in the Northern Grey Mountains, since the Blackstone Post in-game is in the Northern Grey Mountains, with the particular Castle Drachenfels landmarks, province which are just referenced in this blog as 'abandoned' with one settlement owned by Karak Ziflin meaning that Karak Ziflin could either be moved or attacked from two sides.

And Marienburg seems to be a solid first choice to attack, but Skrag doesn't start immediately at war with them.
    So someone could start there.

• YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,257
    So not even a Bretonia little town on the map, weird.
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 443
    No mention of Bretonnia indeed ... Quite surprising since they included Marienburg and the Grey mountains...a bit sad.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,010
    I think Greasus Goldtooth will be my first Orge.

Strong economy, good confederation options.

Interesting thou that the starting armies (pretty much of all LL's) look kinda weak in comparison to WH2.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,922

Not really, easy and convenient for the devs to use the Grey Mountains as the map border. And they are already catching flak for including parts of the Old World, why make it worse by forcing Bretonnia into the game? As an FLC race they can easily get the Repanse treatment in this game as well.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,010
    KN_Gars said:

Not really, easy and convenient for the devs to use the Grey Mountains as the map border. And they are already catching flak for including parts of the Old World, why make it worse by forcing Bretonnia into the game? As an FLC race they can easily get the Repanse treatment in this game as well.
    I also wouldn't discount that they smuggle somewhere on the map a Bretonnian faction even if they didn't name drop them here,
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,257
    KN_Gars said:

Because their territory its literally one pixel of distance? btw was obvious that the old world would be in game 3 map, even before the game 3 announcement i've foresee that
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• duglandtotoduglandtoto Registered Users Posts: 443
    KN_Gars said:

It's not really an FLC race.
    It is the only one race that got this kind of treatment. It is just a race that was planned to be available at launch but couldn't be launched in time. So they made it an FLC to promote their kindness but it's not, it is a normal base game race just like the Empire that came a bit later and it should be treated as such for future DLCs.

I want Bretonnia DLC with good content! like the other factions. And if they got pretty much all the units available in the tabletop, then they just create new stuff like they did when they created Vampire coast or Norsca and now Cathay with really cool stuff. Bretonnia fans deserve to get more than just horses with different colors. The RoR they got was really the most ridiculously poor RoR in strength and diversity.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,097
    I gotta admit, I'm a little bummed that Greasus seemingly doesn't benefit from Cathayan caravans passing through the Ivory Road. Lorewise, that's how he gets most of his income.

Otherwise, the mechanics look fine.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • JoelethJoeleth Registered Users Posts: 191

Now hold on one moment

Ogres have an RoR button, Tzeentch doesn’t. Ogre RoRs confirmed?

RoR usually come with DLC. OK are DLC so.. yeah.

Daemon RoR will probably come with Lord packs. IIRC no base WH2 factions had RoR from the get go either. The only RoR that has been released sans DLC are the 30th anniversary units from WH1 for WE, BM, Brets and Chaos.
    Simone confirmed that the button is for mercenary recruitment and that the ogres will not be getting regiments of renown.
  • BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 639

haha saw the Greasus Goldtooth picture in this blog and thought omg Santa really let him self go this year

Actually I had the same thought!

I'm actually really begging now, for some talented modder to give him a wool lined red coat and hat and have his wagon pulled by vicious wood elf elk. I.... I need a psycho santa playthrough and I'm willing to pay for it.

Leave the farting animations in too.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,491
    I like it when the blogs try to be in the pov of the race its about.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,247
    SaintCorn said:

Drachenfels would likely start in the Northern Grey Mountains, since the Blackstone Post in-game is in the Northern Grey Mountains, with the particular Castle Drachenfels landmarks, province which are just referenced in this blog as 'abandoned' with one settlement owned by Karak Ziflin meaning that Karak Ziflin could either be moved or attacked from two sides.

While the Blackstone Post settlement was given Castle Drachenfels landmarks in game, most maps of the Empire put it between Helmgart and Karak Azgaraz. I had been hoping that (with a reworked Grey Mountain chain) it would be its own settlement.

The Nameless starting in Blackstone Post might also present an issue in ME2.0, as I don't think CA wants to return to multiple lords sharing starts.

(I also assumed the "abandoned" meant Skaven, but you may be correct.)
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 1,073

I gotta admit, I'm a little bummed that Greasus seemingly doesn't benefit from Cathayan caravans passing through the Ivory Road. Lorewise, that's how he gets most of his income.

Otherwise, the mechanics look fine.

well, the caravans will go through your territory, so you can attack and maybe even ambush them to get exp and after battle loot :)
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,790

SaintCorn said:

While the Blackstone Post settlement was given Castle Drachenfels landmarks in game, most maps of the Empire put it between Helmgart and Karak Azgaraz. I had been hoping that (with a reworked Grey Mountain chain) it would be its own settlement.

The Nameless starting in Blackstone Post might also present an issue in ME2.0, as I don't think CA wants to return to multiple lords sharing starts.

I that in Mortal Empires 2, they would just either pull an Albion and have multiple start positions or they may reshuffle some starts.

Skrag starts in the Southern Grey Mountains, but so does Skarsnik, one is going to have to be shifted on the mortal empires map.

So, I don't think it would be much different from Skrag's start now.

I was hoping for it to be its own settlement, and it might be still, just with a new position. They do seem to have reworked it somewhat since they seem to reference a new settlement with Skrag's start description.

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,285

SaintCorn said:

In ME I think they may shuffle that area around a bit. Also remember they have implied that they will be adding back a lot of areas cut out of the new world continents so who knows where all the LLs will end up in ME2.0
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,313

I feel CA might have over-hyped the whole 'starting lords get unique mechanics' thing... as it's just the regular slew of buffs every lord has gotten since Karl. Still a nice blog; very mechanical and gave us a lot to read through.

I wanted to make a comment about it. Now I will just echo the sentiment.
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 364
    CA is really making it hard for me to pick my first LL...
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    Well, from what I see, neither have campaign faction specific boosts for maneaters or Rhinox's. You know what that means? Ghark Ironskin and Golgfag Maneater confirmed!

Jokes aside, Greasus is looking to be my first pick overall. I was sure it was going to be lady Katarin or Papa Kostaltyn but just the thought of having a full stack of Ironguts and other obsurdly oversized creatures smashing into everything just sounds so satisfying.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,491
    +25 unit mass I wonder how that impact battles.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • hasenjagd2000hasenjagd2000 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Why has Greasus Goldtooth on his moblityscooter(fatscooter) only 35 speed i hope someone overthinks that because that would be sad?
  • epic_160110304684zvoI1jJepic_160110304684zvoI1jJ Registered Users Posts: 75
    These are not mechanics
  • TheRabidOgreTheRabidOgre Registered Users Posts: 116
    I have to say I am becoming legitimately excited. When I played a free weekend for Warhammer II it was all right but it still bothers me how the battles and campaign segments of Total War games feel like completely different games (and for my playstyle, they feel at odds with each other). However, the sound of the ogres really make me feel like I could enjoy both anyway. I'll probably still get burned out pretty fast, but I'm not sure I've followed anything in awhile where I felt like I actually got anything from articles like this.

I'm still starting with Greasus though. No offense to Skrag, he sounds like he has fun stuff, but I'm much more interested in the camps than the magic.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,440
    Greasus Goldtooth can benefit more from keeping Ogre Kingdoms factions independent.