Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nurgle Campaign Mechanics

Comments

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,152
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,833
    So wait am i getting this correctly..?
    so whenever a building completes one cycle next cycle its benefits increases...and so on..?

so in 1st cycle tier 3 building provides - 100 favor
    then in 2nd cycle tier 3 building provides -200 favor
    then in 3rd cycle tier 3 building provides - 300 favor now..?

That make sense otherwise the Benefits from buildings like replenishment,favour....etc will just going up and down like a sin wave instead of a permanent boost to income

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,459
    Ah i wish there was shallayan themed bret character and units so i can burn this infection .

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• TrenchwarTrenchwar Registered Users Posts: 93
    I had planned to play Kislev first and Nurgle second. I think I'll start with nurgle first now and Kislev 2nd.

Nurgle looks like it will offer some unique gameplay experience. Though I admit, they outdid themselves on this game in terms of game mechanics for pretty much all factions.

Greatjob CA.

• OddzillaOddzilla Registered Users Posts: 390
    These mechanics look great if you're playing Nurgle, but I can see them being incredibly obnoxious if you're not.

There's basically no real counterplay to plagues in game 2(unless you're playing the glorious lizardmen), they're totally non-interactive. I hope that changes in game 3, because I don't relish the thought of constantly having attrition and debuffs on my settlements and armies.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 693
    Oddzilla said:

These mechanics look great if you're playing Nurgle, but I can see them being incredibly obnoxious if you're not.

So you mean Nurgle is going to be ... toxic ?
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,907
    SusaVile said:

Someone has been playing Plague Inc., lol:)

Can we, hum... name the plagues and diseases, please?🤣🤣

INB4 Kislev gets infected by Milfs
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    edited November 2021
    Looks like the one building's cycle goes:
    1. Fury of Nurgle
    2. Fury of Nurgle
    3. Rot Fly
    4. Plague Drone
    5. Plague Drone
    6. ???
    7. ???
    8. ???
    The ??? looks to me like a a Plague Bearer, possibly with a spear or lance (or scythe?), and the Rot Fly seems to have an added Stinger. Edit: they're Plague Drones throwing Death's Heads.

Either way: not mortals riding them, like the Pusgoyle Blightlords of AoS.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,985
    Holy smokes, this is incredible! Each Daemon faction just keeps building upon the last. Nurgle's mechanics are super thematic and make the faction look really fun to play. Mad props to CA!
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • steam_1630793943266yAfwIRsteam_1630793943266yAfwIR Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 137
    Have we seen any info on how to combat these plagues?
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 574

I was about to write the same: as much as it is a beautiful mechanic, but how can you counter it?
  • steam_1630793943266yAfwIRsteam_1630793943266yAfwIR Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 137
    Mods will propably add to some buildings reduced chance off spreading if CA dosent add anything
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 5,062
    I've been ranting about a unit pooling mechanic for years. **** finally. I'll be interested to see how successful it is. Here's to hoping it doesn't devolve into people just spamming the same two buildings for the same three units several dozen times.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,459
    Helhound said:

I've been ranting about a unit pooling mechanic for years. **** finally. I'll be interested to see how successful it is. Here's to hoping it doesn't devolve into people just spamming the same two buildings for the same three units several dozen times.

and with this final ingredient needed to make basic man power system.

now its up to the community team to convince the higher ups

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,356
    MrDragon said:

Unless Slaanesh blows my socks off, (or blows something else *wink wink nudge nudge*) Nurgle might have to be my 2nd playthrough, these mechanics look beyond ace.

((and I don't even enjoy BEEP!, weird I know, but I had to make that joke))

Nsfw bro

Just NSFW xD

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • Rochaid29Rochaid29 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,425
    THIS STINKS!

get it?
  • BrightestLightBrightestLight Registered Users Posts: 549
    I really hope this leads to an update to skaven clan pestilens because their mechanics are SOOO disappointing compared to the other major clans atm..and this would serve as a great inspiration for them
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,730
    This, this is great ! I really like Nurgle so far !

Damn i was going to buy another game because of the reused models, but now Nurgle and Slaanesh have only Chaos spawns (and forsaken for Nurgle, for now) I still think it's unacceptable, but If it's only Chaos spawns (and forsaken) I don't mind it.

I'm going to preorder it... after I see the rosters I will buy it. I will get it...
    Poor Tzeentch...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Pappa_FraPappa_Fra Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 281
    Looks really good! These chaos factions are starting to feel pretty diverse...
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,695
    edited November 2021
    "Buboes – reduces casualty replenishment rate and increases attrition while under siege within enemy settlements."

Hint of new siege mechanics or I don't understand the wording of this. Settlements under siege don't get replenishment currently and neither do armies laying siege.

The only way I can understand it is if when any enemy army lays siege to a Nurgle settlement with Buboes, that plague spreads to that factions settlements, reducing replenishment + increasing attrition anywhere the plague goes?
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 682
    toskyrun said:

I was about to write the same: as much as it is a beautiful mechanic, but how can you counter it?
    Attrition resistance hopefully, it shouldn't be too easy to counter. I hope building legendary lords becomes situation driven rather than just optimization.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • Cactus2Cactus2 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 131
    Ichon said:

"Buboes – reduces casualty replenishment rate and increases attrition while under siege within enemy settlements."

Hint of new siege mechanics or I don't understand the wording of this. Settlements under siege don't get replenishment currently and neither do armies laying siege.

The only way I can understand it is if when any enemy army lays siege to a Nurgle settlement with Buboes, that plague spreads to that factions settlements, reducing replenishment + increasing attrition anywhere the plague goes?

I think it's two effects. If replenishment would apply it is reduced. No replenishment while under siege (I assume, as it currently is) but instead the attrition rate is increased.
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,705
    I am disgusted by how good these mechanics are! They are completely vile. How gross will it be to grow your garden and unleash those toxic plagues out into the world over and over again?

The idea of Nurgle's buildings growing and then dying is truly rancid. It makes even his core economy revolve around his central theme in a way that no faction before has really done.

I am going to want a lot of agents for this faction so I can watch my neighbors wither and die without my armies ever coming near them.
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    1v0 said:

Damn i was going to buy another game because of the reused models, but now Nurgle and Slaanesh have only Chaos spawns (and forsaken for Nurgle, for now) I still think it's unacceptable, but If it's only Chaos spawns (and forsaken) I don't mind it.

I'm going to preorder it... after I see the rosters I will buy it. I will get it...
    Poor Tzeentch...

You always were going to, it’s ok we know.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,730
    edited November 2021

1v0 said:

Poor Tzeentch...

You always were going to, it’s ok we know.
    True I was going to buy it, but on sale. There is elden ring :P , I'm replaying dark souls 3 in preparation xD . But yea I got 1-2 and DLCs also a big fan of chaos sooner or later i was going to buy it.
    Anyway, back on topic. I really like the mechanic of all chaos gods so far (Khorne and Nurgle the most, Tzeentch are a bit too simple). The models is my biggest problem...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,342
    edited November 2021
    The cyclical buildings sounds like it could just be an annoying gimmick.

And ToB style damaged recruitment? The single worst design choice from a failed game? Lame. Well RIP Nurgle on the campaign map. Good luck watching the AI trying to defend it's territory with new armies of quarter strength full stacks.

Want to recruit? Wait 4 turns. Congrats now you can recruit and wait another 4 turns before the unit is usable.

Meh, I was looking forward to playing them but they just sound like a tedious end turn simulator.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Registered Users Posts: 261
    Looking forward to playing Nurgle!
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,438
    Nice COVID-19 reference from CA, and the Plague Cauldron mechanic looks good. :)
  • donkeypickerdonkeypicker Registered Users Posts: 52
    MEH nothing that comes from CA is good, all this does is buff stats MEH
  • Gustaf97Gustaf97 Registered Users Posts: 77
    The mechanics for Nurgle are amazing. It's such a cool implementation of death and rebirth concept in the buildings, growing Nurgle gardens instead of building cities. Truly out of the box thinking that elevates the racial differentials and replay value.
    I am sure my Kugath campagne will be so fun, lore friendly and memorable. Can't wait to invade the Empire with my squad of Nurglings and concockted plauges