Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ogres are looking to be the best core race of TWW3

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,088

Honestly, I don't see how Ogres can stand any chance against a full Slayer army...

I don't see that being an issue. Very rarely do you run into dedicated anti large armies in campaign.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• GenHuxGenHux Registered Users Posts: 2
    Wait, who? Aaaah yes, the ogres. "Raaar, raaaar, smash, kill, eat!"
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,624
    "Core" race is an outdated and pointless term anyway. There's no objective reason to treat DLC races any differently as it has been proven that their DLCs are as easy to sell as any other.

• GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,027
    They're not Core, but they're in at Day 1, so they're Softcore.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,189
    Since you always called Monos like that, they're day 1 DLC half cores now.

Besides that and your braging, I am impressed with Ogres so far, never been huge fan of them but they look great in game.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    More LL than monogods (or quater cores as all those people on the steam forum call them), seems Ogres are hardcore...
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,819
    Yeah, Ogre Kingdoms are my most desired race to play as! can't wait. First I try Ogres, than Cathay, Kislev and Daemons. Would be nice if we got Araby too, but eh.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 421

More LL than monogods (or quater cores as all those people on the steam forum call them), seems Ogres are hardcore...

oh another vanilla/fingolfin alt account....great.

CA did a great job as ogres are as interesting in this game as they ever were in TT. barely if anything at all.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,182

Wow you don’t even try to hide that you are Fingolfins alt account….
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,027
    edited November 2021
    Greasus is in pole position to be my first playthrough, my only concern is that most of the roster has Wallbreaker. I know it's all a work in progress, but it looks crazy overtuned in the battles we've seen, and doesn't seem to be applied to other factions (eg. Skarbrand can't knock a wall down, but an ogre bull can?!). I'd rather only beefy SEMs and specific units (eg. Dwarf Miners) could attack walls.
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    ArneSo said:

Wow you don’t even try to hide that you are Fingolfins alt account….
    Does he think ogres are hardcore (get it? hard-core...) too?
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,837
    i take offense with calling them "core" but yeah they seem pretty fun. fun mechanics, the camp mechanic in particular intrigues me greatly and they look overall great. still, nurgle looks a bit more interesting to me personally mechanically.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Registered Users Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Milano3093Milano3093 Registered Users Posts: 70
    I agree, they look like a lot of fun!

Didn't expect them to be this interesting. But Warhammer 3 reveals have been a mixed cup for me. Some factions I thought would be cool, I personally find a bit less interesting and some factions from the start I didn't care a lot for seem really interesting. Looking forward to try them out in the game.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,463
    Well I don't want to be that guy but Wood Elves also at their launch were close to completeness in terms of units. "Missing" from their 8th edition book were only: Spellweaver, Glade Captain, Shadow Dancer (still missing!) and Great Stag Mount.

Seems close to the "Missing" Ogre units: Bruiser, Yhetee and Thundertusk.

That said the Wood Elves campaign mechancis were *cough* underwhelming *cough" whereas the Ogre ones are a nice change of pace.

So in the space of 5 years, a race Pack now has the same if not more content than a game 1 campaign pack, for around half the price. Which is good news!
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 825
    Bayes said:

Vanillas obsession with calling things core or not core will forever confuse and annoy me.

The core races are the races sold as part of the main-game package. Ogres are not one of them as they are an additional add-on (free or not).

The pre order dlc is a core race, meanwhile monogods which are a part if the base game they are half cores. Like wtf.
    A bit ironic then that Ogre Kingdoms ended up being a Half-Campaign Pack.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732
    Selakah said:

Bayes said:

Vanillas obsession with calling things core or not core will forever confuse and annoy me.

The core races are the races sold as part of the main-game package. Ogres are not one of them as they are an additional add-on (free or not).

The pre order dlc is a core race, meanwhile monogods which are a part if the base game they are half cores. Like wtf.
    A bit ironic then that Ogre Kingdoms ended up being a Half-Campaign Pack.
    Otherwise called a 'race pack'....?

"Core" race is an outdated and pointless term anyway. There's no objective reason to treat DLC races any differently as it has been proven that their DLCs are as easy to sell as any other.

Pretty much. Considering how few people will actually buy OK I see no reason the first LP for them can't come within teo years.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

I agree, they look like a lot of fun!

Didn't expect them to be this interesting. But Warhammer 3 reveals have been a mixed cup for me. Some factions I thought would be cool, I personally find a bit less interesting and some factions from the start I didn't care a lot for seem really interesting. Looking forward to try them out in the game.

I'm sort of in the same boat.

I love Cathay and Kislev but it's very clear they're just starter rosters. Ogre Kingdoms feels like it's gone all out -with the exception of Greasus-.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,438

Here is how your tittle should have been:

"Ogres are looking the best race FOR ME"

because you like everything you've seen.

Now my opinion is that it looks like a well implemented race and the playstyle / mechanics are looking fun to me as well, but I never like NuOgres art style and concept, I am more interested in them then Cathay though, so there is that!

I find saying that incredibly redundant. It's an expression of opinion, I don't need to say it's an expression of opinion.

NuOgrew? Nu? The art style is the same from their introduction.
    Forums are a poor medium to let people assume things that you think is obvious, because the only thing that is certain is how you formulated the phrases, not the intent being them.

You are the master of false and/or biased statement of this forum. In the tittle only:

Biased statement that the Ogres are the best. Totally subjective.
    False statement that Ogres are core. Totally false.

And GW ogres looked way different in style prior to Ogre Kingdom release, they were not some obese creatures with asian stache back then.

I prefered the imperial ogres, O&G ogres, and chaos ogres then the OK ones.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • Coldrage20Coldrage20 Registered Users Posts: 180
    DLC isnt core
  • OddzillaOddzilla Registered Users Posts: 351
    I wonder if you'll be saying the same thing in a couple of years when the actual cores have gotten DLC to fill out their rosters and Ogres are still the same as launch day.

It's pretty obvious that the reason they have a more complete roster at release is because they aren't getting anything else.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,442
    Oddzilla said:

I wonder if you'll be saying the same thing in a couple of years when the actual cores have gotten DLC to fill out their rosters and Ogres are still the same as launch day.

It's pretty obvious that the reason they have a more complete roster at release is because they aren't getting anything else.

If wood elves got a dlc then ogres will definitely get one
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,182

Oddzilla said:

If wood elves got a dlc then ogres will definitely get one
    Considering that Yhetees and Thundertusks are missing, a LP is basically guaranteed at this point.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    Oddzilla said:

If we're talking starter rosters years won't change anything except for FLC Legendary Lords. The statement will be exactly as accurate.

Ogres are the only 8th edition army book race. They're nigh on guaranteed Lord Packs.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Now my opinion is that it looks like a well implemented race and the playstyle / mechanics are looking fun to me as well, but I never like NuOgres art style and concept, I am more interested in them then Cathay though, so there is that!

I find saying that incredibly redundant. It's an expression of opinion, I don't need to say it's an expression of opinion.

Forums are a poor medium to let people assume things that you think is obvious, because the only thing that is certain is how you formulated the phrases, not the intent being them.

You are the master of false and/or biased statement of this forum. In the tittle only:

And GW ogres looked way different in style prior to Ogre Kingdom release, they were not some obese creatures with asian stache back then.

Every single person is biased. Hence an accusation of bias is an accusation of being human.

Ogres are absolutely core in the sense they're a starting roster that comes with the game day 1. I've very clearly defined that in the OP. It's a simple truth.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 828

Every single person is biased. Hence an accusation of bias is an accusation of being human.

Ogres are absolutely core in the sense they're a starting roster that comes with the game day 1. I've very clearly defined that in the OP. It's a simple truth.
    I mean you’re using a different definition of Core to everyone else, defined in a way that makes it useless for the usual things it is used for, but you do you…

• PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,296

Honestly, I don't see how Ogres can stand any chance against a full Slayer army...

Range and speed.
    Pocman said:

Range and speed.
    Realistically 20vs20 they'll lose. Slayers have huge anti large benefits. Thing is that's not a concern as there are no Slayer hordes in the campaign map.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,678
    agreed. my only reason to buy the game right now are ogres (and a bit of nurgle)
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.