Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which Race is least deserving of more Lord Packs or DLC

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,637
    Wood Elves
    Unless GW plan to update the Wood Elves with new stuff via the Old World (and TBH who wouldn't want those Kurnoth Hunters from AoS?), they've got the least options left for DLC. Just give them Araloth and Naeith the Prophetess as FLC LLs and boom, they're in a perfect state of completion. (Minus the travesty that is Ariel's LH status of course...)
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,738
    Dark Elves
    Unit wise, I feel like DE, WE, LM are complete. They could use some FLC lords though. LM are probably the ones that objectively are the closest to being done, but I voted DE cause Tetto'eko excites me more than the remaining DE characters.

• KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 233
    Skaven

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

Huskk Gnawbone will be the FLC, too many iconic units missing like the Verminlords and the Stormfiends.

‘Deserving’ is such a funny word to use, it’s will they sell, the only real issue CA care about.
    Don't think we're getting End time units,
    I think GW considers them AOS rather anybody likes it or not.

But will see.
  • Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 472
    edited November 2021
    DTAPPNZ said:

So I’ve eliminated the races that truly need the content in the order below.

Warriors of Chaos
    Norsca
    Vampire Counts
    Bretonnia
    Vampire Coast

Take your cheap agree.

I'm having a real hard time deciding. If you didn't say "don’t just go with the race that you dislike the most" I would have chosen Dark elves without question. I think I'll just keep reading the comments & arguments to see what other people say before making my decision.

I think a lot of races just need more LLs, but not new units. Some game 2 races could use 1 more DLC, but that's it. Game 1 races could use 1-2 each. 3 at most.

Other than that, everyone just needs more characters. Just characters. Hey! CA! We need characters! CAN YOU HEAR ME, CA?!?! SOME JUST NEED MORE CHARACTERS!!!!
    Post edited by Cosmic_Lich on
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,253
    Tomb Kings

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

Huskk Gnawbone will be the FLC, too many iconic units missing like the Verminlords and the Stormfiends.

‘Deserving’ is such a funny word to use, it’s will they sell, the only real issue CA care about.

But will see.
    No, there are ET units in the game already so they are seen differently.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,789
    Lizardmen
    Lizardmen would still feel good if all they ever received was a FLC rework and polish on existing Lords.

Obviously, I wouldn't say no to more. But they don't need more.
    Skaven

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Which ones are End time unit?
    Tomb Kings

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Some of the HE units. CA specifically said, no ET narratives and no AoS units. ET units will appear especially centre piece ones which will shift DLC.
    Skaven

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Some of the HE units. CA specifically said, no ET narratives and no AoS units. ET units will appear especially centre piece ones which will shift DLC.
    Which units? So I can look them up.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    Wood Elves

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Silverin Guard
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    Tomb Kings

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    I believe it’s Eltharion’s bespoke units. At no point has CA said ET units are the same as AoS units.. as that would be totally wrong.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 1,394
    Wood Elves
    I went with Wood Elves, but basically a tie with Lizardmen. Neither needs any new units, but there are still a couple of characters that could be added for each in the form of FLC sometime down the line.

The same could really be said for Beastmen, Dark Elves, and Tomb Kings, but there's a bit more potential material for all of them.

Greenskins is probably next, but... there's still plenty of content to add for them, because their tabletop roster had such an absurd number of units + variants. It'd be easy to make another DLC.

I think Skaven and Dwarfs are both certain to each get another DLC sometime down the line. Skaven might not "need" it, in the context that their roster is already reasonably large, but they're still missing their most iconic character (Thanquol) and an iconic unit (Stormfiends).
  • cabans33cabans33 Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    Lizardmen
    I would have voted for Vampire Coast.

Sadly a Vampire Coast character do not fit in the hinted WH3 map... We need more settlements with port for that

Maybe at the very end of WH3 life

Tomb Kings

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Silverin Guard
    That’s the one, I also believe The Knights of the Ebon Claw and the Knights of Tor Gavel are ET units.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,141
    Apart from the odd FLC lord, there are lots of factions that I'd prefer not to see them barrel scraping units for, like Dark Elves, High Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Dwarfs, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves (who is love to see an 'elf' lord for)...

Wouldn't say no to some thematic flavouring though, but I'm fed up of unnecessary (IMO) new SEMs being crammed into every DLC and diluting the specialness of the ones we have.
    Skaven

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Silverin Guard
    Are you certain they weren't a ROR turned unit like Bugman's Rangers?
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,954
    Lizardmen
    cabans33 said:

I would have voted for Vampire Coast.

Sadly a Vampire Coast character do not fit in the hinted WH3 map... We need more settlements with port for that

Maybe at the very end of WH3 life

Vampire Coast needs more generic lord options, LL options (can't confederate) and needs some improvements to its roster since its hardly playable in MP now.

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    Wood Elves

And Lizardmen.
    Tranquol can be FLC.

But will see.
    Silverin Guard
    Are you certain they weren't a ROR turned unit like Bugman's Rangers?
    Nope, definitely End Times. I can't seem to find the actual source material, but the wiki cites End Times and Warhammer 2 as the only sources they're found in:

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Silverin_Guard
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    Skaven
    Also GW is still using the skaven units.
    Non of the highelf "end time " units exist in AOS.
    But like I said time will tell.
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,322
    Lizardmen
    They were a named regiment in the End Times.

Each major End Time battle in the lore bit describing it had a 2-page spread for each combatant with the names of some of the characters and regiments involved and a brief bit of lore for each.

So they never had rules, they were just a name for a particular regiment of a generic HE unit type.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,117
    Dwarfs
    Dwarfs, for sure.
    Tomb Kings

Considering seeing that they’re using the AoS daemon sculps I don’t think it’s an issue. They entire Skaven roster is used in AoS so there’s no reason why the Stormfiends won’t be added.
    Skaven

Considering seeing that they’re using the AoS daemon sculps I don’t think it’s an issue. They entire Skaven roster is used in AoS so there’s no reason why the Stormfiends won’t be added.
    We will see one way or the other.
    And I think daemons are viewed a lot different by GW.
    Tomb Kings

Doesn't matter, currently Stormfiends are just as likely as anything else until we get further info.
  • Barrel02Barrel02 Registered Users Posts: 97
    Vampire Counts and Vampire Coast. Maybe a FLC Lord for Counts still but nothing else.
    Lizardmen

Doesn't matter, currently Stormfiends are just as likely as anything else until we get further info.
    Ultimately the only extra info we’re likely to get is an announcement they’re in a DLC or the announcement of the last DLC with them not in it…

Assuming Skaven get another DLC (which I think is likely due to Thanquol and Vermin Lords) then I expect they’ll be in it. The barrel would have to be pretty firmly scraped otherwise. But I also wouldn’t be that surprised if CA decides they don’t want them and release Thanquol as a FLC instead. Lore wise they were actually created in the end times, rather than being a unit that supposedly always existed that just got their first mention in ET (like say Blight Kings).

Although I do think we’ll get some actual ET units. Blight Kings and the Khorne infantry seem obvious monogods LP fodder.
  • SebandirrSebandirr Registered Users Posts: 96
    edited November 2021
    Lizardmen
    Vampire Coast

Really- some people think that Vampire Coast should have more Lords than, for example, Forest Elves?
    Tomb Kings

Ultimately the only extra info we’re likely to get is an announcement they’re in a DLC or the announcement of the last DLC with them not in it…

Assuming Skaven get another DLC (which I think is likely due to Thanquol and Vermin Lords) then I expect they’ll be in it. The barrel would have to be pretty firmly scraped otherwise. But I also wouldn’t be that surprised if CA decides they don’t want them and release Thanquol as a FLC instead. Lore wise they were actually created in the end times, rather than being a unit that supposedly always existed that just got their first mention in ET (like say Blight Kings).

Although I do think we’ll get some actual ET units. Blight Kings and the Khorne infantry seem obvious monogods LP fodder.
    There’s plenty of content for Skaven still available so I can’t see there being any need for barrel scraping as CA are happy to use old editions and all sorts of different sources. I’ve heard many people suggest that Skaven would only get Thanquol after Ikit and there’s no chance of them getting 3 DLCs.

While we don’t know how long the game will last or be supported we have no idea how many DLCs are left for each faction.
    Lizardmen

There’s plenty of content for Skaven still available so I can’t see there being any need for barrel scraping as CA are happy to use old editions and all sorts of different sources. I’ve heard many people suggest that Skaven would only get Thanquol after Ikit and there’s no chance of them getting 3 DLCs.

While we don’t know how long the game will last or be supported we have no idea how many DLCs are left for each faction.
    Well the main source for additional units is the Hell Pit list, but much of that has already been used and the things left are essentially old names for things already in. E.g. Chimearat = Hell Pit Abom, Burrowing Horror = Brood Horror, etc.

Giant Rats, rat swarms and Vermin Lords are left from Army book
    Cauldron of Poxes maybe from the Pestilens list?

Beyond that you pretty much have to spin offhand mentions into full unit types or go into ‘clanrats and slaves but in green, blue, black or brown’ all of which count as barrel scraping IMO.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,523
    Lizardmen

Well the main source for additional units is the Hell Pit list, but much of that has already been used and the things left are essentially old names for things already in. E.g. Chimearat = Hell Pit Abom, Burrowing Horror = Brood Horror, etc.

Giant Rats, rat swarms and Vermin Lords are left from Army book
    Cauldron of Poxes maybe from the Pestilens list?

Beyond that you pretty much have to spin offhand mentions into full unit types or go into ‘clanrats and slaves but in green, blue, black or brown’ all of which count as barrel scraping IMO.
    - Thanquol
    - Skreech Verminking LH
    - Exalted Verminlord Lord
    - Stormfiends (2-3 Variants)
    - Verminlord
    - Giant Rats/Great Pox Rats
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life