Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nurgle Roster Reveal

Comments

• Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,359
    Crossil said:

One thing I am disappointed with is no Plague Catapults. Unfortunate, as I did hope that Nurgle would have some artillery to work with.

Yeah I would have thought that would have made them so vulnerable in multiplayer to kiting. But I guess with the new mode that's less of a worry.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,965
    Kinda surprised Nurgle only gets forsaken as mortal unit.

Also, no marked Beastmen, again....
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,412

So Greasus is stuck with a poor looking tricycle, while Ku'gath rides a double layer palanquin.

That is not Ku'Gath's palanquin, he gets a unique one with a round shape. The one in the image is for the Herald and the Plaugeridden.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,233

So Greasus is stuck with a poor looking tricycle, while Ku'gath rides a double layer palanquin.

That isn't Ku'gaths, that is the basic palanquin that the Plagueridden and the Herald get.

Which by the way, it's the same Epidemius rides, so yeah, he is all but confirmed.

"By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    edited November 2021

That isn't Ku'gaths, that is the basic palanquin that the Plagueridden and the Herald get.

Which by the way, it's the same Epidemius rides, so yeah, he is all but confirmed.

I guess in retrospect the reason why they had to make a fully functioning Nurgling carrier model is because of Epidemius and Ku'gath. They were needed for their mounts, so they also did them as a full unit. Well, that, and the fact that the Nurglings would've been the only Daemons missing from the roster had they not done that.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,233
    Disappointed by the lack of mortals and the small roster, but at least what we have (minus Forsaken and Spawns) is truly unique, unlike Tzeentch who has a small roster padded with shamefull recocolors.

Also, strange that Nurgle will be the only God at launch without unique mortal cavalry, hopefully we have the Rot Beast cavalry from Tamurkhan for DLC down the line.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    It is cool that Exalted Plaguebearers have Death's Heads to chuck as they close. (I assume it will work like Chameleon Stalkers' explosive blowpipe attack.) A little spice that helps make them feel like less of a straight "Plaguebearer, just better."
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,328

Disappointed by the lack of mortals and the small roster, but at least what we have (minus Forsaken and Spawns) is truly unique, unlike Tzeentch who has a small roster padded with shamefull recocolors.

Also, strange that Nurgle will be the only God at launch without unique mortal cavalry, hopefully we have the Rot Beast cavalry from Tamurkhan for DLC down the line.

To be fair, all the different plaguebearer variants are on par (if not even more similar) than the Horror variants in the Tzeentch roster. So i don't really see what you see.
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 1,117
    Ohh this time you showed a drawing of the spawns, it's still a bad work, but less bad than the others.

Put a little more effort into this CA, forsaken too

• GrotbaggGrotbagg Registered Users Posts: 261
    I like the inclusion of toads, but the roster feels pretty bare bones IMHO.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,844
    Was hoping for some plague zombies 😬
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,080
    KN_Gars said:

That is not Ku'Gath's palanquin, he gets a unique one with a round shape. The one in the image is for the Herald and the Plaugeridden.

I stand corrected. My point still stands.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Because I've been a bit complain-y about them in general, I will say that the Nurgle Soulgrinder does look really good.

(For a 40k unit.)

I have my fingers crossed that the Slaaneshi one will have one of the old Keeper of Secrets heads, or some other creative flourishes. I'm... actually a little excited to see it.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 817

Because I've been a bit complain-y about them in general, I will say that the Nurgle Soulgrinder does look really good.

(For a 40k unit.)

I have my fingers crossed that the Slaaneshi one will have one of the old Keeper of Secrets heads, or some other creative flourishes. I'm... actually a little excited to see it.

do not get your hopes up, i think that one will be khorne/tzeentch variant in a different color.
  • TrenchwarTrenchwar Registered Users Posts: 93
    I love the roster but I'm still left wondering what's nurgle answer to monstrous cavalry and SEM.

Basically nurgle is like an immovable object in terms of infantry.

Our cavalry / flyers / vanguard can take care of enemy artillery and missile units and do some anti infantry duty.

Yet there ia still nothing to prevent enemy faster cavalry or stronger cavalry to tie up our lane and to kill them fast.

I still love the roster. I'm just unsure about certain matchup like nurgle vs lizardmen or nurgle vs bretonnia
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,459
    Trenchwar said:

I love the roster but I'm still left wondering what's nurgle answer to monstrous cavalry and SEM.

Basically nurgle is like an immovable object in terms of infantry.

Our cavalry / flyers / vanguard can take care of enemy artillery and missile units and do some anti infantry duty.

Yet there ia still nothing to prevent enemy faster cavalry or stronger cavalry to tie up our lane and to kill them fast.

I still love the roster. I'm just unsure about certain matchup like nurgle vs lizardmen or nurgle vs bretonnia

Attrition

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    edited November 2021
    Ow my GOOSHHHH !!!

I look so forward to Nurgle !! His game style, mechanic, flavour, I LOVE EVERYTHING OF IT !!

The roster looks truly AMAZING, better then Khorne or Tzeetch so far in my honest opinion.

Now wait for Slaanesh, I feel something soo cool will be shown with her/him.

THanks C.A. For this excitement !! I have officially removed the great grude of pushing the release date forward out of the book of grudes !
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
    Crossil said:

One thing I am disappointed with is no Plague Catapults. Unfortunate, as I did hope that Nurgle would have some artillery to work with.

The Soulgrinder does say that it can fire at "artillery ranges", and we know that they're tier 3 (from a Basic Military building), so they should be fairly present in Nurgle armies.

(Still single entity, so depending on ammo/damage may not be able to take on that real artillery role. But on the plus side should be able to handle most artillery hunters itself.)
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 723
    no warriors or chosen omg
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,327

Edit: This particular palanquin doesn't belong to Ku'gath, but he too has his own. Now there are two of them!

Even if CA didn't want to do the full Gnoblar carpet, they could have at least given Greasus a throne or recliner carried by Gnoblars. The cart doesn't even look good; nowhere near as gaudy and extravagant as Greasus would demand. If we go with a cart, it should look like it came straight out of an Empire workshop and absolutely littered with gold and jewels. You know, like his crown.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,594
    Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

For those not counting:

• Cultist
    • Forsaken
    Thats basically the only mortals around (yes, I know we can argue the Chaos Spawn but since we argue it then, it is not a definite answer here, is it?). Anyone want to remind me again how "DoC monofactions would never work"?
    Thats even more depressing then the Tzeentch roster.

And since I see nothing about the "Nurgling Voltron", it seem those are just a varying animation for the Nurgling swarm.

-----Red Dox
    Because Nurgle has more Daemons than the rest. While I do agree the list is small, don't worry, we'll be getting the mortal side as DLC later.
    Let's count assets

Blue horrors - Nurglings - Flesh Hounds -
    Pink horrors - Plaguebearers - blodletters - daemonettes
    Flamers - Nurgle beasts - Skull cannon
    Screamers - Rotflies - ...
    Discs - Toads - Juggernauts

So, kinda yes (a plague toad is more different to other nurgle units that a pink horror is to a blue horror) but kinda no, at the end of the day, it has the same number of units as Tzeentch, they have simply filled the roster with more variants.
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,039
    We can basically conclude that the monogod factions are not "every follower of a god", but more "daemons of a god with mortal followers to fill up the roster wherever needed."

I've made peace with that tbh.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves

Crossil said:

The Soulgrinder does say that it can fire at "artillery ranges", and we know that they're tier 3 (from a Basic Military building), so they should be fairly present in Nurgle armies.

(Still single entity, so depending on ammo/damage may not be able to take on that real artillery role. But on the plus side should be able to handle most artillery hunters itself.)
    If I can field a nurgle soulgrinder early game I'll be a very happy nurgle follower. The artwork looks great and I would really enjoy to bombard my enemy with nurgle's lovely embrace before getting to hug my enemies with my plague bearers and GUO.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    Trenchwar said:

Crossil said:

If I can field a nurgle soulgrinder early game I'll be a very happy nurgle follower. The artwork looks great and I would really enjoy to bombard my enemy with nurgle's lovely embrace before getting to hug my enemies with my plague bearers and GUO.
    I mean they may start with a soul grinder in the army since they usually give a few units to start with
    Might be overkill to give a soulgrinder to ku'gath starting army since he is himself artillery, but I would love it nonetheless :p

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,916
    Pocman said:

Crossil said:

Red_Dox said:

For those not counting:

• Cultist
    • Forsaken
    Thats basically the only mortals around (yes, I know we can argue the Chaos Spawn but since we argue it then, it is not a definite answer here, is it?). Anyone want to remind me again how "DoC monofactions would never work"?
    Thats even more depressing then the Tzeentch roster.

And since I see nothing about the "Nurgling Voltron", it seem those are just a varying animation for the Nurgling swarm.

-----Red Dox
    Because Nurgle has more Daemons than the rest. While I do agree the list is small, don't worry, we'll be getting the mortal side as DLC later.
    Let's count assets

Blue horrors - Nurglings - Flesh Hounds -
    Pink horrors - Plaguebearers - blodletters - daemonettes
    Flamers - Nurgle beasts - Skull cannon
    Screamers - Rotflies - ...
    Discs - Toads - Juggernauts

So, kinda yes (a plague toad is more different to other nurgle units that a pink horror is to a blue horror) but kinda no, at the end of the day, it has the same number of units as Tzeentch, they have simply filled the roster with more variants.
    Lol no blue horrors and pink horrors are far too similar to count as a different assest.

Look at a nuegling swarm and then at a Plaugebearer. Or look at fleshhound and bloodletting.

A better comparison is

Nothing - Fleshhounds - Nurglings
    Horrors - Bloodletters - Plaugebearers
    Flamers - Skull Canon - Beasts
    Screamers - Nothing - Rot flys
    Disks - Juggernauts - Palaquin
    Chariot - Bloodthrone - Toads

That's being very generous with the burning Chariots since its just few other units combined not a completly new model like Toads.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,614
    Wildly enjoying most things mono god so far. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was looking forward to the Slaaneshi reveals most.

Nurgle doth looketh great though.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • OddzillaOddzilla Registered Users Posts: 390
    I'm glad that they embraced the jovial nature of Nurgles followers, it's a nice contrast to the relentlessly grim murderous vibes of the other gods.

Also, it amuses me that people continue to be surprised by the focus on deamon units in the rosters. Daemons will compromise Be'lakors army so they have to be fleshed out first. Also they're vastly more interesting than some dudes in tin cans.

If you're so obsessed with having chaos warrior armies.. you can actually play them right now , there's a whole faction dedicated to them, it's called warriors of chaos, it's been available for 5 years.
  • YellowTreeYellowTree Registered Users Posts: 347
    All green and the same.
    Disappointed.