Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Regarding the "new swarm tech"

2»

Comments

• RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 530

I don't see the problem here.

Units look cool and good, that is all I care about.

If they have new tech, great. If their animators did a superb job, great. Does it really matter which one it is?

Either way, I'm happy with what was shown.

well i dont care about swarms but to summarise the issue as you are maybe new to the WH franchise.

Several races have relevant units that tipically functioned in swarms. ever since tww1, fans of those swarms units were aware and somewhat sad that those units would not be featured due to engine limitations and some other stuff mentioned at the time by CA.

if a new "tech" was available to do nurglings (a swarm unit in TT) that could mean other races could also get their TT swarm units in the future, up to this point unavailable due to the abovementioned limitations. Hence the excitment shown by some people, and the relevance of this clarification.

Hope this helps understanding the situation at hand. Have a nice day.
  • ApexBlueSkyApexBlueSky Registered Users Posts: 30
    If having more open communication means a few mistakes along the way, that's a trade I will happily take.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,456
    The dangers of Discord...
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,603
    So the "Tech" in Swarm Tech is "Technique" not "Technology".
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,041
    edited November 2021
    Post removed
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 671
    I still hope this means we see more swarm entities attempted. Could just be that nurglings are uniquely round or something + can move a lot more freely than other units when they bounce around and it's hard to justify for other types of swarms but still.

I don't think CA's avoidance of swarms where something they've deeply explored as there's always been tons of other pressing content to make so we can assume they just avoided getting an headache just testing it out.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 759
    If anything the fact that nurglings are regular animated units and more like they do is even more impressive.
  • HighPriest_AstragothHighPriest_Astragoth Registered Users Posts: 633
    CA, what about us? Snotlings deserve some love too...:(

Hear the summons of Hashut!
    The Dark Father calls you to slaughter,
    Blood and fire exhorts you to war!
    Hear the summons of Hashut!
    Stretch your limbs of blood-filed steel,
    The Dawi-Zharr march fourth once more!
    Answering the summons of Hashut!

-From the K'daai rituals of awakening.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,456
    My problem with snotlings in this game is that they are goblin sized, lol.

Oh and the pump wagons are stupid over powered and don't really work like they're supposed to in the TT.
  • OmegaJakOmegaJak Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 264

Forum overthinking again

And this is the forums fault ... how?

Mistakes happen of course... but don't blame the fans for believing what they were told.
    The forums absolutely do overthink things a lot (a lot), but I agree that this isn't one of those times. Shame really, but I do hope to see more swarms in future. They're generally pretty much low tier trash but they give a great flavour to their factions.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,864
    Malruir said:

That's sad to hear. I hope you still find a way to make at least some swarm units like Snotlings or Spirit Hosts possible, after all you have shown here that you have the tools to do so.

They could, they would just animate them like the nurglings. A few of whatever it is makes up one "unit" of the squad. I guarantee Nurglings die in whole groups.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    edited November 2021
    CA_Simone said:

Hey all, I wanted to clarify something regarding a comment I've made these past few days on a supposed "new swarm tech".

There was a misunderstanding on my side regarding the animations for the new Nurglings units.

The reality is that our super talented team of animators did an outstanding job at bringing these units and others to life and they've put a lot of hard work in making sure they feel like a swarm.

So no, there isn't a "new swarm tech" but rest assured that our team of animators have all the tools they need to make the best animations to fit the vision of the game.

Just LOL at a community manager for not even understanding your own game before making PR statements. How a company the size of CA can be so haphazard with their marketing and PR is pretty amazing; you guys should be masters at this by now with how many decades you have been in the business.

Anyway, the summary is: Greasus was a disappointing model and there is no excuse for it. Glad we finally got that cleared up. :)
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,610
    Regardless they did an absolutely amazing job on those Nurglings. Was not expecting that to be honest.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    RikRiorik said:

Regardless they did an absolutely amazing job on those Nurglings. Was not expecting that to be honest.

They are beyond amazing, they are one of the best damn things they ever produced. It's just a shame they can't apply the quality consistently to the significant units that form the core of the new factions.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,650
    Mistakes happen, so no worries. The dedication you have to actually speaking to the community should be commended
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,653
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    PLHenry said:

Mistakes happen, so no worries. The dedication you have to actually speaking to the community should be commended

Dedication? He is literally paid to do this; it's his job to engage with the community.
  • CA_SimoneCA_Simone Registered Users Posts: 250
    Closing due to off-topic discussions.
This discussion has been closed.