Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Longma stats with comparison

2»

Comments

• Data5Data5 Registered Users Posts: 458
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

More or less what i predicted, assuming this is the dragon blooded varient

Its better than pk but worse then rpk. Just like drag princes to grail knights kind of bad. Acceptable.

I don't agreee on speed they should be around 90 speed.

There is only one Longma unit.
    ok but 15 speed needs to go
    Why? Doom knights are also 105. Do you know how strong a longma is compared to a pegasus lorewise? It sound like how can demiglyph be faster than a horse when carrying armor.

Tbh Great Longma Riders look like normal folks with high end gear and thats it. They have no special abilities for their own like grail knight with perfect vigor/physical resistance or blood knight with frenzy/flag of blood keep for example. No anti large, no anti infantry, not even terror like what lore have said. Considering they are semi immortal they look really meh.

Yeah considering the lore states that the riders are basically dragonblooded novices who aspire to be shugengan lords.
    Yes, grail knights is very experienced and got the grail as a cherry on top. These guys are basically aristocracy like high elves.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579

They completly changed unit stats from game one to game two, wouldn't be surprised if they will do the same when the new ME hits to fit the existing units into the new gameplay mechanic system. So I won't compare them to Pegasi.

I agree, I have to say though, the stats change from WH1 and 2 was HUGE, I Actually found it not to insane for Wh3.

Seems a bit more reasonable and more up to par with Wh2 overall stats then it was between game 1 and 2.

BUt like you said, many things will most likely change still over the time and longevity of WH3.
    Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 652
    Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Its better than pk but worse then rpk. Just like drag princes to grail knights kind of bad. Acceptable.

Why? Doom knights are also 105. Do you know how strong a longma is compared to a pegasus lorewise? It sound like how can demiglyph be faster than a horse when carrying armor.

Tbh Great Longma Riders look like normal folks with high end gear and thats it. They have no special abilities for their own like grail knight with perfect vigor/physical resistance or blood knight with frenzy/flag of blood keep for example. No anti large, no anti infantry, not even terror like what lore have said. Considering they are semi immortal they look really meh.

Yeah considering the lore states that the riders are basically dragonblooded novices who aspire to be shugengan lords.
    Yes, grail knights is very experienced and got the grail as a cherry on top. These guys are basically aristocracy like high elves.
    What? Did you even read about cathay lore? Longma riders are dragon blooded, being the only few people to harness magic properly and as their name says, have dragon blood in their veins. They are by no means normal humans.

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

What? Did you even read about cathay lore? Longma riders are dragon blooded, being the only few people to harness magic properly and as their name says, have dragon blood in their veins. They are by no means normal humans.
    I compared them to elves that also is long lived and good with magic.

GREAT LONGMA RIDERS
    Dragon-blooded who are yet to rise to their own prominence or prefer a place within the Celestial Host for the honour it brings often become Great Longma Riders.

Sound like young aristocrats to me.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,444
    Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Personally because doom knights don't ride peagasus like mount. And don't have silver sheild

And because they actually might need that speed to function.

That said yes they to should loose some speed.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,811
    edited November 2021
    More than anything else I REALLY wish Doom Knights and all Chaos Knights flavours to come with AP.

Look at their cost, look at those weapons

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Do we even have a gauge on how much better dragonblooded are than your typical Mook?

Depth Guard are vampires, described as blood dragons on foot. And while they're stronger than your average peasant on a per model basis they're still very squishy. Same with Dragon Princes. They're some of the most elite warriors in an already elite race, yet they're incredibly squishy for their cost.

Grail Knights on the other hand are one of few super powered beings who repeatedly show off that they really are made of sterner stuff and shows it. They're Knights who trained to be the best to begin with, and got a further extra boost from the grail.
    saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Personally because doom knights don't ride peagasus like mount. And don't have silver sheild

Your argument is still most because you feel like they should be slower. As you said yourself RPK is even better so I think that RPK should have 10 less MA and DMG for no reason at all.
    Data5 said:

saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Your argument is still most because you feel like they should be slower. As you said yourself RPK is even better so I think that RPK should have 10 less MA and DMG for no reason at all.
    No my argument is armour should correlate to speed in similar mounts.

Hence 100 armour 90 speed

More than anything else I REALLY wish Doom Knights and all Chaos Knights flavours to come with AP.

Look at their cost, look at those weapons

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Do we even have a gauge on how much better dragonblooded are than your typical Mook?

Depth Guard are vampires, described as blood dragons on foot. And while they're stronger than your average peasant on a per model basis they're still very squishy. Same with Dragon Princes. They're some of the most elite warriors in an already elite race, yet they're incredibly squishy for their cost.

Grail Knights on the other hand are one of few super powered beings who repeatedly show off that they really are made of sterner stuff and shows it. They're Knights who trained to be the best to begin with, and got a further extra boost from the grail.
    I mean, for one Dragon Blooded Shugengan are one of the lord choices for cathay and is the only unit aside from the dragon siblings who can use lore of yin and yang aside from the other lore of magics. So yes, being the off spring of one of the dragons is a really big deal.
    Data5 said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

I compared them to elves that also is long lived and good with magic.

GREAT LONGMA RIDERS
    Dragon-blooded who are yet to rise to their own prominence or prefer a place within the Celestial Host for the honour it brings often become Great Longma Riders.

Sound like young aristocrats to me.
    Dragon blooded long ma riders are more than aristocrats. These are special humans who are the sons and daughters of the dragons with a human parent. They are the only humans in cathay that can hope to wield multiple lores of magic as well as tame the longma steeds who are also part dragons.
    edited November 2021

Dragon blooded long ma riders are more than aristocrats. These are special humans who are the sons and daughters of the dragons with a human parent. They are the only humans in cathay that can hope to wield multiple lores of magic as well as tame the longma steeds who are also part dragons.

You are giving examples of mental/magic strength. But are they really that much stronger in melee?
    saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

The main disagreement i have is "similar mounts" one is a dragon horse with scales and the other one is a regular horse with wings. I argue that without wings the Longma could be considerd a demiglyph. Your whole argument is based on that they look somewhat similar. Dragon princes have 20 more armor and are faster than Kotr when their horses looks more similar than longma and pegasus.
    Data5 said:

You are giving examples of mental/magic strength. But are they really that much stronger in melee?
    saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

The main disagreement i have is "similar mounts" one is a dragon horse with scales and the other one is a regular horse with wings. I argue that without wings the Longma could be considerd a demiglyph. Your whole argument is based on that they look somewhat similar. Dragon princes have 20 more armor and are faster than Kotr when their horses looks more similar than longma and pegasus.
    So is peagasus it was monstrous beast. Its not really that weak compared to a demigryph.

And longma there is no indecation why it should fly faster with more weight even if the extra 30 armour is from its scales.

• KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,412
    saweendra said:

And longma there is no indecation why it should fly faster with more weight even if the extra 30 armour is from its scales.

It is literally part of their design and description "Their speed, the power of their charge, and the strength of their armour is unmatched." They have the speed, charge bonus and armour necessary to somewhat live up to that description.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
    KN_Gars said:

saweendra said:

It is literally part of their design and description "Their speed, the power of their charge, and the strength of their armour is unmatched." They have the speed, charge bonus and armour necessary to somewhat live up to that description.
    90 speed is not slow, and actually works for Cathay since literally nothing in their roster even comes close.

The only thing in the same ball park would be the peasent cavalry

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

Data5 said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

I mean, have you seen cathayan wizards? They are the only magicians in the entire setting that uses magic to reinforce their fighting styles.
    A dragon blooded warrior could roundhouse kick your head off while empowered with the lore of yang. Even the alchemists are using some quasi earth bending martial arts with their potions.
    The chinese translation even calls Shugengan as Cultivators which basically means they are xianxia heroes capable of extremely inhuman feats.
  • Domokun84Domokun84 Registered Users Posts: 283
    Wait, longma are part dragon? What funny **** did the dragon emps get into? So not just spreading his seed to humans...
    Domokun84 said:

Wait, longma are part dragon? What funny **** did the dragon emps get into? So not just spreading his seed to humans...

Why is there not a greek faction in warhammer?