Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nurgling Palanquin vs. Greasus Go cart?

Robosoldier1Robosoldier1 Registered Users Posts: 206
edited November 2021 in General Discussion
So for a good chunk of people they were understandably disappointed in how Greasus mount turned out. In it being the mobility scooter as opposed to being carried by the dozens of Gnoblars. CA chalked up the reason we got the cart instead of the Gnoblars was the demand to model and animate all the Gnoblars was just not worth the investment. However looking at the recent trailer with Nurgle and blog they posted with it. It looks like they were willing to put that money behind Nurgle with his tiny little guys. Which just gets me confused again as to why they threw this reason at us when clearly that didn't stop them from doing it here with Nurgle. Go to 1:02 of the new trailer to see them in action briefly (

vs.

Comments

• KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 1,068
    well, the development money for the nurgle palanquin and the greases cart do come from two different pots.
    preorder dlc always have their own allocated funding and it is quite possible that those funds were used up for other parts of the roster and they felt like the gnoblar carpet wasnt worth other cuts to the content.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,603
    They gave him only two Gnoblars for gods sake. Make it twenty and we are good.

Thogrim have four dwarfs btw.
  • DurinelminpietraDurinelminpietra Registered Users Posts: 273
    I've honestly always found the whole gnoblar carpet thing a quite stupid concept
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    They've already explained it comes down to the skeletons used for each unit, Nurglings are very simple, Gnoblars less so, simple as that.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,056
    Rob18446 said:

They've already explained it comes down to the skeletons used for each unit, Nurglings are very simple, Gnoblars less so, simple as that.

I think it's more where CA decided to spend their money tbh... I have always found CA's priorities in that regard sometimes a little dubious.
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 734
    On top of what has already been said, let us not forget that they can reuse the palanquin mount with heroes and lords.
    So with Greasus, it would only have been for his model alone, which could have made him one of the most costly set of model, rig and animation to make, used only once.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,204
    It's a fat shame. The cheap-looking tricycle doesn't do the character justice.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 1,068
    i guess we will see a day one mod where somebody puts greasus on the palanquin of kugath, i dont think the herald palanquin will be big enough for him.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,662

Fat-shaming Greasus? No one would dare..

• SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 1,001
    They have clearly prioritized Nurgle over Ogres.

It's what it is. It feels bad for Ogre fans.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,239
    edited November 2021
    It's perfectly valid that they couldn't give Greasus his carpet of Gnoblars in a writhing mass under him - it's not the same as "a carpet" of eight Nurglings carrying a Palanquin.

But! I think they messed up by choosing to give him a cart instead of mounting him on a dais of his own.

You could even have a "skirt" of treasure (gold chains, Cathayan silks, strings of pearls and jewels) hanging over the edge so that you only needed to animate the Gnoblar's legs around the edges. It could have been done quite easily.

Greasus' cart isn't a budget issue, or a graphical limitation. It was a choice among many alternatives (having him walk, having him on a mount, etc). I don't think it was the worst choice, but I also think there was a better option.

• The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,831
    If he has to live on a cart at least have ogres pushing him.

A couple of gnoblars really?!
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,429
    Loreguy said:

They gave him only two Gnoblars for gods sake. Make it twenty and we are good.

Thogrim have four dwarfs btw.

It's because the weight of his responsibility is so heavy you see. The generations of grudges is too heavy for just two Dawi.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,613

I've honestly always found the whole gnoblar carpet thing a quite stupid concept

Because you aren't rich enough to stop walking, peasant
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,204
    Pede said:

Fat-shaming Greasus? No one would dare..
    It's not me who made him ride mobility vehicle!
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 2,144
    Killertut said:

well, the development money for the nurgle palanquin and the greases cart do come from two different pots.
    preorder dlc always have their own allocated funding and it is quite possible that those funds were used up for other parts of the roster and they felt like the gnoblar carpet wasnt worth other cuts to the content.

Maybe Ogres shouldn't have been the preorder then
  • Robosoldier1Robosoldier1 Registered Users Posts: 206
    edited November 2021
    Killertut said:

Even if Ogres operated under its own budget its not like they couldn't make that money back easy enough. Especially on people who don't buy it in the immediate (and pay whatever the DLC separate charge is) and also charge extra DLC to anyone who does get Ogres now and have it ready for them at a later date. There is Opportunity cost but there is also plenty of Opportunity to make up any loss. So cutting something out like this but add it in for another faction for cost seems dubious of a justification like Axios mentions.

Ontop of that there probably are plenty of less demanding ways they could've shaped the format to simulate Greasus being carried like Lord Solar mentions. Then the cruddy go cart.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,014
    Killertut said:

This
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,259
    Greasus is the only bad thing in the OK roster. I do not like his wallmart cart too.

But in the same time, the gnoblard carpet always felt wrong for me.

To be honest, I could have seen something different. a Thorgrim's like Throne, where Greasus most loyal and brutal Ogres mooves him where he wants. And you could have gnoblards there launching money on his pass.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,813
    I haven’t had a proper look at either really but judging from what I’ve seen is one really more impressive than the other?

And is anyone impressed by the Comfy Chair Anvil of No Discomfort?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 37,351
    It's the one disappointment about the Ogre roster.

It's whatever really.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - The descendant of Guanyin

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector,