Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nurgles massive DLC potential

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,559

Goatforce said:

I mean essentially that is exactly what Painbringers are, they just arrived a few years too late, they are obviously the Slaanesh elite infantry though.

Completely agree. But if I ask for Painbringers and Blissbarbs, I have to sit and listen to the "NO AOS!!" crowd complain.

And even AoS still hasn't given us real exalted Tzeentch champions...
    Well, we will just have to wait for GW's almost innevitable (imo) porting of some AoS models to OW.... I mean why make new molds for these things like a potential "Slaanesh Chosen" for god knows how many tens of thousands (if not more) when you can just slap a square base with Painbringers and call it a day?

Suddenly they are Fantasy units too. I mean that won't be the case for everything (half expecting someone to respond to this saying "oh why don't we just put Sigmarines - or Space Marines if they are going full hyperbole - in then?) but there are clearly models that would be easy to port into the new system.
    ArneSo said:

Mattock said:

SerPus said:

I imagine Blight Kings will take the role of Nurgle Chosen; and possible Nurgle Warriors as well. I doubt we will see both.

They are quite different from each other.

Beefy stats sure; but not dramatically different to Chaos Chosen with mark of nurgle; and thematically very similar.

I don't see CA doing both... and if they did Chosen would end up getting the short straw in the cosmetics department.

EDIT: Must admit I overlooked the wound profile! But still it's still thematically much the same unit. An elite high-tier Nurgle Chaos Warrior. I'm not sure nurgle will get 2 (considering it doesn't even have chaos warriors yet). They have bigger bases but they aren't monstrous infantry.
    I think well get warriors of nurgle and then putrid blightkings as a smaller unit o
    Killertut said:

toad dragons are undivided and can get marks of all gods, so no to including them in a nurgle dlc!

same with vortex beast and slaughterbrute, so add those three to woc/demons undivided if at all.

Yeah but slaughter brute are clearly khorne themed, vortex beasts are themed around tzeentch and Toad dragon around nurgle. They are all technically undivided, but with monogod factions each is suited to one.
    Yeah and WoC can already be happy with one LP so they obviously would never get all of them.

Monogods are core races so they all need fancy centrepiece units for multiple LPs. It’s beyond me why some people here always want to steal units from Monogods…
    And Be'Lakor should get a completely unique roster too! It's beyond me why some people always want to steal the Daemons from Monogods :lol:
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,182
    Killertut said:

how often has @Red_Dox to show you that vortex beast should not be a tzeentch centerpiece unit, slaughterbrute not a khorne centerpiece unit and toad dragon not a nurgle centerpiece unit?

nurgle should only get one, and that is thamurkans mount. they have enough stuff to add for substential dlcs without the need to make undivided monsters god specific!

Irrelevant. How many LPs do you think WoC will get? 4?

All units that thematically fit to one of the Gods will go to Monogods. They are core races and have a higher priority than WoC.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 719
    ArneSo said:

Killertut said:

how often has @Red_Dox to show you that vortex beast should not be a tzeentch centerpiece unit, slaughterbrute not a khorne centerpiece unit and toad dragon not a nurgle centerpiece unit?

nurgle should only get one, and that is thamurkans mount. they have enough stuff to add for substential dlcs without the need to make undivided monsters god specific!

All units that thematically fit to one of the Gods will go to Monogods. They are core races and have a higher priority than WoC.
    just make a "beasts of chaos" dlc. slaughterbrute, toad dragon and vortex beasts will be added to woc, marked units will be handed out to the gods and maybe woc as well if they get a marks system in their rework.
    Killertut said:

ArneSo said:

Killertut said:

just make a "beasts of chaos" dlc. slaughterbrute, toad dragon and vortex beasts will be added to woc, marked units will be handed out to the gods and maybe woc as well if they get a marks system in their rework.
    Or they could be added to the Monos they fit for (yes they are unmarked but thematically they clearly fit for particular Mono armies), and then allow WoC to access them for those that own both packs?
    Killertut said:

ArneSo said:

Killertut said:

That would be a completely new DLC type…

Why should they waste these fancy units for WoC, a DLC race from WH1 when they can sell them via LPs for the new WH3 races?

Your idea is completely unrealistic.

The Slaughterbrute, Vortex Beast and Toad Dragon will all go to monos. Deal with it.
    I can’t believe that we have this discussion…

Tamurkhan rides a Toad Dragon… so they will be Nurgle units.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,124
    Slaughterbrute exists in two states:
    Unaligned and Mark of Khorne.

Ditto for the Mutalith but then for Tzeentch and the Toad Dragon is hardcore coded, themed and coloured Nurgle regardless of what marks it may or may not take.
    Besides WoC doesn't need to monopolise that many SEMs.
    Putting all of them into WoC but not beasts or Monos is just pointless roster-bloat and hoarding.
  • SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 784
    Good, good... Let them come. More skulls for the skull throne!
    MrDragon said:

Slaughterbrute exists in two states:
    Unaligned and Mark of Khorne.

Ditto for the Mutalith but then for Tzeentch and the Toad Dragon is hardcore coded, themed and coloured Nurgle regardless of what marks it may or may not take.
    Besides WoC doesn't need to monopolise that many SEMs.
    Putting all of them into WoC but not beasts or Monos is just pointless roster-bloat and hoarding.

Exactly. They can have the last missing undivided units like the Chimera or the Giant Chaos Spawn.

Maggoths, 'Arne. Pox Maggoths.

//

Some other bits and bobs:

• Daemon Prince of Nurgle
    • Plague Knights (As an aside, their description notes that while some are "bloated like corpses, others had skin that hung from them in shreds where contagion had feasted upon their flesh." I wish everything Nurgle wasn't presented as being swollen.)
    • Diseased Flagellants
    • Plague Cart
    • Plague Altar
    • Chariots (Both mortal - Nurgle followers being especially noted for getting mutations/diseases that leave them unable to walk - and daemon.)
    • Rotters/Plague Zombies.
    And when I was really plumbing the depths of possibility I received a pox of fondness for the festering fools and brawny brutes of the Carnival of Chaos. (Actually, I'm a touch disappointed that the Nurgle Cultist doesn't take after them.)

Oh you are right, Maggoths. 😂

Basic Knights would also be cool and I would really love to see Plague Zombies.

The Plague Altar would also be great as a Shrine-support unit.

Diseased Flaggelants would fit great together with the Nurgle Cultist.

I want all of them!
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,296
    edited November 2021
    Killertut said:

toad dragons are undivided and can get marks of all gods, so no to including them in a nurgle dlc!

same with vortex beast and slaughterbrute, so add those three to woc/demons undivided if at all.

No, they weren't. The two 8th edition sources that mentions them (monstrous arcanum and tamurkhan) mentio nothing of them being "markable" and learly the lore links them to nurgle.

plus, adding them to Tamurkhan and then to WoC only makes them less unique for both. There are plenty of clearly undivided monsters taht can be added to WoC.
    Killertut said:

The rules for the slaughterbrute and mutalith vortex may say that they could be marked by anybody (which, btw, they couldn't in 8th edition), but lorewise, both were clearly Khorne's and Tzeentch's, respectively.
  • Eye_of_SauronEye_of_Sauron Registered Users Posts: 327
    SaintCorn said:

To be honest all the 4 Chaos Gods have massive DLC potential basing on the insane amount of sources and inspiration CA can use.

I'm afraid for the fanmade Cathay and Kislev tho. Their contents are factually limited to say the least.

Except neither is fanmade?

Both are produced by GW and Cathay even received an eighth edition armybook according to Andy Hall?
    So, both will totally be fine in the future content department.
    No? The Fanmade Cores will see the light once "The Old World" will be released. And this won't happen this year nor the next one, since GW has barely hinted a good 0,05% of what it is going to look like.
    I strongly believe we are not going to see TOW prior 2024 - 2025. Until that moment Cathay and Kislev are what they are: Fanmade Cores. And the Fanmade Cores have currently no room for DLC whatsoever.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #TzeentchLivesMatter #JusticeForMonogods

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,411

SaintCorn said:

To be honest all the 4 Chaos Gods have massive DLC potential basing on the insane amount of sources and inspiration CA can use.

I'm afraid for the fanmade Cathay and Kislev tho. Their contents are factually limited to say the least.

Both are produced by GW and Cathay even received an eighth edition armybook according to Andy Hall?
    No? The Fanmade Cores will see the light once "The Old World" will be released. And this won't happen this year nor the next one, since GW has barely hinted a good 0,05% of what it is going to look like.
    I strongly believe we are not going to see TOW prior 2024 - 2025. Until that moment Cathay and Kislev are what they are: Fanmade Cores. And the Fanmade Cores have currently no room for DLC whatsoever.
    What a load of salty BS. Did GW create them or did a fan create them? Rhetorical question btw.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,350

SaintCorn said:

You do realize that "fan-made' is literally defined as being made unofficially by fans?

Or do you not understand the words that you are using?

"IS ALL THIS NEW KISLEV AND GRAND CATHAY CONTENT FOR TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III LEGIT?
    Yes!
    Games Workshop has expanded and created these factions, and partnered with us. You can find out all about it from them over at Warhammer Community here including some great interviews."
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

Since Games Workshop made them, they are literally made by the makers of Warhammer Fantasy.

So, they are official races, and when the Old World releases has literally no impact on if something is official or fan made..

So, your claim is nonsensical and not based in reality.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,549

SerPus said:

I imagine Blight Kings will take the role of Nurgle Chosen; and possible Nurgle Warriors as well. I doubt we will see both.

They are quite different from each other.

Beefy stats sure; but not dramatically different to Chaos Chosen with mark of nurgle; and thematically very similar.

I don't see CA doing both... and if they did Chosen would end up getting the short straw in the cosmetics department.

EDIT: Must admit I overlooked the wound profile! But still it's still thematically much the same unit. An elite high-tier Nurgle Chaos Warrior. I'm not sure nurgle will get 2 (considering it doesn't even have chaos warriors yet). They have bigger bases but they aren't monstrous infantry.
    Blight Kings should be Monstrous Infantry territory.

The Mortal DLC for Nurgle should include.

Gutrot LL
    Blight Kings.
    Fly Blight Kings
    Nurgle Warriors
    Nurgle Marauders and/or Zombie type Cultists.

And eventually, Nurgle Gors, with Slugtongue, with Trolls/Ogres.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

SaintCorn said:

If GW wrote an entire armybook for it just so CA could use it as a guide for building the faction... nothing about it is fanmade. It cannot be more official than GW creating a special bespoke developer army book.
    We have no clue how much of that book CA adapted so far.
    We have some clues, based on what Andy Hall dropped for us as everything he talked about is canon.
    This gives us 3 or 4 additional LLs still in the other ruling dragon children and/or the Monkey King.
    All of this was created by or sanctioned by GW, the IP holder so the word "fan" has no business being anywhere near this conversation in any functional capacity.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 658
    Stop trying to make Nurgle the new Skaven, it ain't gonna happen.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,121

SaintCorn said:

Yeah, the races that GW themselves created and expanded in partnership with CA are "fanmade". That is some low effort trolling you have going on. And given that GW & CA have already created two starting rosters together that are released well in advance of a TOW release they will obviously do the same for any DLC content. Indeed it is highly likely that the DLC lords and units already exist on the concept stage ready to be used when the DLC team starts their work. You only need 2 Legendary lords and 6-8 units each for Kislev & Cathay for the DLC to be done. 2 more LL each for the FLC . Not exactly rocket science.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,088
    All the potential in the world doesn't pay the bills. Unless you're Elon Musk.

The pragmatic reality is it's a very hard road for any Chaos God to get more than 2 Lord Packs. The fact that Nurgle starts with the equal lowest number of units isn't exactly encouraging for its potential.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

The pragmatic reality is it's a very hard road for any Chaos God to get more than 2 Lord Packs. The fact that Nurgle starts with the equal lowest number of units isn't exactly encouraging for its potential.

I'd say quite the opposite considering how much is essentially still held back.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,117
    I never realized how Cathay and Kislev, the Fanmade Cores, are in such a bad shape. Objectively they have no room for a DLC. . . as sad as this looks like.
    I'm confident they have like a couple of Lords, that can be added via FLCs. But in terms of units and sources? Ehhhh.
    It's quite amusing how the Novel (Tamurkhan) of one of the so called "Quarter Cores" gave us multiple units of the current Fanmade Core called Cathay. This tells you alot about the importance of the Monogods (contents and sources included) and the future state of the 2 Fanmades.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 1,326
    Killertut said:

The only famous character that rides one is a champion of Nurgle.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,117
    ArneSo said:

Maggoths, 'Arne. Pox Maggoths.

//

Some other bits and bobs:

• Daemon Prince of Nurgle
    • Plague Knights (As an aside, their description notes that while some are "bloated like corpses, others had skin that hung from them in shreds where contagion had feasted upon their flesh." I wish everything Nurgle wasn't presented as being swollen.)
    • Diseased Flagellants
    • Plague Cart
    • Plague Altar
    • Chariots (Both mortal - Nurgle followers being especially noted for getting mutations/diseases that leave them unable to walk - and daemon.)
    • Rotters/Plague Zombies.
    And when I was really plumbing the depths of possibility I received a pox of fondness for the festering fools and brawny brutes of the Carnival of Chaos. (Actually, I'm a touch disappointed that the Nurgle Cultist doesn't take after them.)

Oh you are right, Maggoths. 😂

Basic Knights would also be cool and I would really love to see Plague Zombies.

The Plague Altar would also be great as a Shrine-support unit.

Diseased Flaggelants would fit great together with the Nurgle Cultist.

I want all of them!
    The Monogods truly have an incredibly huge potential regarding future contents. I keep finding out more and more contents, units, lore and characters every time i approach a secondary source, novels etc.

3 Lord Packs and half a dozen of Lords for Khorne, Nurgle and Tzeentch are an easy, very easy take. And Slaanesh will have the same potential, basing on the Core Roster the God of Pleasure will show us.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,088
    MrDragon said:

Every race has potential for unlimited content. Especially in Total War Warhammer 3. It doesn't mean they'll get unlimited content.

Looking at it I'd suggest a race that starts big is more likely to get more content than a race that starts small. Precisely because content is unlimited. This idea that they're going to start small with a mediocre roster to give them lots of DLC later doesn't really work.

I think there's this outdated idea that "content left = DLC" which worked fine for TWW1 and TWW2 but simply doesn't apply to TWW3 anywhere near as well. Precisely because we do not know what's left for Kislev or Cathay and because Monos are limited by business arguments much more than they are content.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

MrDragon said:

Every race has potential for unlimited content. Especially in Total War Warhammer 3. It doesn't mean they'll get unlimited content.

Looking at it I'd suggest a race that starts big is more likely to get more content than a race that starts small. Precisely because content is unlimited. This idea that they're going to start small with a mediocre roster to give them lots of DLC later doesn't really work.

I think there's this outdated idea that "content left = DLC" which worked fine for TWW1 and TWW2 but simply doesn't apply to TWW3 anywhere near as well. Precisely because we do not know what's left for Kislev or Cathay and because Monos are limited by business arguments much more than they are content.
    The point is: considering how much TT content there still could conceivably be added to the monos, there's plenty for at least 2 DLCs and 4 FLCs. (As FLCs tend to just be lords and maybe a hero or a mount)

But that doesn't mean I personally expect that many... but just based on actual TT rules, it's quite viable. Some monos run out sooner than others, like Tzeentch and Slaanesh who just have objectively less content than Khorne and Nurgle. (They might struggle on a 2nd DLC)

Cathay and Kislev are limited purely by how much content GW prepared for CA, which we do not know how much that is exactly.
    Kislev at least has an Ungol DLC in it with maybe stuff on the hags and the Crone.
    Cathay has at least 3 or 4 LLs lined up by Andy Hall in the lore interview.

'Potential' beyond that exists but is impossible to speculate on and basically moors the discussion in a *shrug* "maybe yes, maybe no" situation.
    Admittedly the CA exclusive Armybooks GW made are also quite unknown but at least we know they exist.

With the Monos on the other hand you at some point have to start borrowing from AoS if you want to extend much further.

Now personally I do not expect the monos to get as much support as Cathay and Kislev even though in TT minies it should be the opposite.
    So that is purely a hunch with no actual evidence, because the visible evidence points the opposite way.
  • Eye_of_SauronEye_of_Sauron Registered Users Posts: 327
    Ludbone said:

I never realized how Cathay and Kislev, the Fanmade Cores, are in such a bad shape. Objectively they have no room for a DLC. . . as sad as this looks like.
    I'm confident they have like a couple of Lords, that can be added via FLCs. But in terms of units and sources? Ehhhh.
    It's quite amusing how the Novel (Tamurkhan) of one of the so called "Quarter Cores" gave us multiple units of the current Fanmade Core called Cathay. This tells you alot about the importance of the Monogods (contents and sources included) and the future state of the 2 Fanmades.

Exactly. What CA is showing us is that without GW they couldn’t create the two Fanmade Cores. And after that? The options are two:

1) Just release the missing LLs via FLC, 1 or 2 missing ones from dead sources or digged out from books of other factions.

2) Wait five or more years The Old World. I'm quite sure GW will add something new that is not already present in WH3.

Precisely because the Fanmade Cores are going to start small, with redundant copy/pasted units like Armored Kossars and the Guards, the roster-bloating bears or all the Jade Warrior clones. The idea to give them lots of DLC later doesn't really work. It's quite clear that CA and GW ended all their ideas with the base rosters, since a good 65-70% of the units are redundant clones. 😟
    A problem that the Monogods do not have to be extremely honest.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #TzeentchLivesMatter #JusticeForMonogods

SaintCorn said:

Dude, CA has literally been given an armybook for Cathay by GW. In waht possible universe is it fanmade when it is based upon GW's planned army? Just because the army has not been released for TT doesn't mean it's fanmade, that's ridiculous.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,350
    Ludbone said:

There are no "Fanmade cores", and you have no way to measure how much future content is there for them.

Objectively, the concept of "fanmade cores" or "Quarter cores" are nonsense.
    People trying to measure "objectively" how much content an unreleased armybook has for future DLC at this point is also nonsensical.

They are all cores and will all receive future content, and if you think any of the core races will not receive any future DLC, then you clearly just don't know what you are talking about.

Goatforce said:

SaintCorn said:

Dude, CA has literally been given an armybook for Cathay by GW. In waht possible universe is it fanmade when it is based upon GW's planned army? Just because the army has not been released for TT doesn't mean it's fanmade, that's ridiculous.
    Starting to think both accounts using the term "fanmade" are just trolling because they're ignoring the obvious counter argument and seem to mostly be replying to each other rather than anybody else.