Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Be'lakor roster

EarlybirdEarlybird Registered Users Posts: 916
Do you think Be'lakor will have some unique units invented for the occasion ?
Or will it be a disappointment ?

Comments

• kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 750
    I think he will get 1 or 2 unique units
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 334
    I'm not an expert about the universe so don't take what I say for granted but I suppose that his Lords and Heroes will be unique to his faction.

As for the units, just a mix of what already exists in the four Chaos gods armies.
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 169
    It might include Dark Emmisaries (Shadow and Death, or a mixture) and Fenbeasts.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,753
    Only "new" in the sense that they're slightly different versions of units that already exist in other rosters, like Undivided Furies. I don't think he'll get Undivided Soulgrinders, they didn't exist in the lore or on the tabletop.

Cultists are up in the air. I don't think there have ever been mentions of cults devoted to Be'lakor, but CA might take the initiative and give him something. I like the idea that somebody had of his cultists being the Dark Emissaries from the Albion expansion.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    Furies and maybe daemon princes.

There are a few more undivided daemons but they are from Warhammer 40k / 30k
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,306
    It will only be disappointment if you have unrealistic expectations. Which you clearly have.

For some, unrevealed 9th LL automatically means new race. It won't even be own faction according to Simon...
  • SillybillySillybilly Registered Users Posts: 197
    Maybe a few. But I don’t really care one way or the other. I just want a huge demon-only roster so I can mix and match them like a proper DoC.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,549
    Earlybird said:

Do you think Be'lakor will have some unique units invented for the occasion ?
    Or will it be a disappointment ?

He doesnt need any. As long as they provide the full DoC Roster, its already the best roster in the game.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,182
    No, he’ll just have all Daemonic units and undivided Furies. That’s it.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    edited November 2021
    I'm thinking he will have daemon princes as a unique lord option since it's odd we haven't seen them and they make sense for him since he is one.

But I also think he will lack the exalted variants of units, because his roster would be pretty boated otherwise.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,073
    It's not necessary.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,877
    No, he’ll already have the largest roster of any race in all 3 games combined, assuming he gets all daemons.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,586
    Not really, other than maybe undivided Furies.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,834
    *Cracks knuckles*

My roster prediction that's sure to ruffle feathers:

Be'lakor The Dark Master, First Damned, Shadow Lord, etc.

Herald of Khorne (Mounts: Juggernaut, Blood Throne)
    Herald of Slaanesh (Lores: Shadows, Slaanesh. Mounts: Steed of Slaanesh, Exalted Seeker Chariot)
    Herald of Nurgle (Lores: Death, Nurgle. Mounts: Palanquin, Rot Fly)
    Herald of Tzeentch (Lores: Metal, Tzeentch. Mounts: Disc, Burning Chariot)

Bloodreaper (Mounts: Juggernaut, Blood Throne)
    Alluress (Lores: Shadows, Slaanesh. Mounts: Steed of Slaanesh, Exalted Seeker Chariot)
    Plagueridden (Lores: Death, Nurgle. Mounts: Palanquin, Rot Fly)
    Iridescent Horror (Lores: Metal, Tzeentch. Mounts: Disc, Burning Chariot)

Bloodletters
    Exalted Bloodletters
    Daemonettes
    Exalted Daemonettes
    Nurglings
    Plaguebearers
    Exalted Plaguebearers
    Blue Horrors
    Pink Horrors
    Exalted Horrors

Blood Crushers
    Seekers
    Plague Drones
    Plague Drones (Death's Heads)
    Screamers

Furies (Undivided)
    Soul Grinder (Undivided)

Fleshhounds
    Fiends of Slaanesh
    Beasts of Nurgle
    Flamers

Blood Thirster
    Keeper of Secrets
    Great Unclean One
    Lord of Change

Skullcanons
    Seeker Chariots
    Exalted Seeker Chariots
    Hellflayer
    Burning Chariots
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732
    He will probably need a replacement cultist - which could be the dark emissary. Afterall I presume he will be spreading his own chaos cults/corruption.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 6,586

He will probably need a replacement cultist - which could be the dark emissary. Afterall I presume he will be spreading his own chaos cults/corruption.

Be'lakor will most likely spread undivided
    Chaos corruption like Norsca, WoC and BM.
  • mewade44mewade44 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,662
    Since he is the only true DoC LL where we can play as intended with full mix DoC army it's the one I'm most looking forward too.

I don't have the old source material for him around but do not recall any special units just for him.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,834

I assume he'll get all four Daemonic heroes; while a Dark Emissary would be super, I don't know that he'll need a fifth.
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,492
    I doubt he'll get every Daemonic units. That gives him, what, 8 Lord choices, 4 Heroes, and upwards of 40 units? Seems too much and threads on the toes of the monogods if you ask me, especially Nurgle who only has Daemons.

Personally I believe he'll get a curated roster among the Daemons. For example his Lords would draw from 2-3 Gods and his heroes as well, so for instance he'd have a choice between Exalted GUO or Herald of Tzeentch and between Bloodreaper, Alluress or Plagueridden for Heroes. Then a selection among units to arrive at a generalist roster than is bigger than most Gods but doesn't go all-in on their respective strengths.

He may get unique units, but there's very few unaligned Daemons in fantasy. Basically only Daemon Princes, which I guess would be highly thematic Lords for him, but ooh boy the backlash if he gets them before the monos...
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,589
    It's possible that they'll find some way to justify adding the Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes from 40K to his forces in the same way they've reused the Age of Sigmar designs for one of the Keepers of Secret, but otherwise I think its likely that he'll get a curated roster of units from across the mono-gods, perhaps with an undivided Soul Grinder, and with any luck some Dark Emissaries
  • Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 768
    edited November 2021
    Jastalll said:

I doubt he'll get every Daemonic units. That gives him, what, 8 Lord choices, 4 Heroes, and upwards of 40 units? Seems too much and threads on the toes of the monogods if you ask me, especially Nurgle who only has Daemons.

Personally I believe he'll get a curated roster among the Daemons. For example his Lords would draw from 2-3 Gods and his heroes as well, so for instance he'd have a choice between Exalted GUO or Herald of Tzeentch and between Bloodreaper, Alluress or Plagueridden for Heroes. Then a selection among units to arrive at a generalist roster than is bigger than most Gods but doesn't go all-in on their respective strengths.

He may get unique units, but there's very few unaligned Daemons in fantasy. Basically only Daemon Princes, which I guess would be highly thematic Lords for him, but ooh boy the backlash if he gets them before the monos...

I agree, I think he won't get any of the exalted lords/units. If he does I see no reason to ever play any monogod faction instead of DoC undivided (in pvp, if anyone cares for that anyway).
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 4,930

I'm thinking he will have daemon princes as a unique lord option since it's odd we haven't seen them and they make sense for him since he is one.

But I also think he will lack the exalted variants of units, because his roster would be pretty boated otherwise.

kinda doubt it, because they are no real undivided demon princes except belakor.

Is kinda of a soulgrinder situation.

• AlyssaAlyssa Registered Users Posts: 35
    You do realize that Belakor wont get his own faction simply because CA advertize a secret 9th LL, not a secret 7th Faction? A new faction would require unique campaign mechanics, so 9th LL will be a part of an existing faction.
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 334
    Alyssa said:

You do realize that Belakor wont get his own faction simply because CA advertize a secret 9th LL, not a secret 7th Faction? A new faction would require unique campaign mechanics, so 9th LL will be a part of an existing faction.

Btw, didn't Simone say that the 9th Lord would not be his own faction?
    Jastalll said:

There's no conceivable reason why he can't receive every Daemonic unit. The roster you describe is basically the Daemons of Chaos army book, an 8th edition roster made and approved of by Games Workshop. The roster had both Heralds and Greater Daemons available as Army Generals so I don't see why he wouldn't get both Heralds and Exalted Greater Daemons. Depriving Be'lakor of Daemons is pointless.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 768

Jastalll said:

There's no conceivable reason why he can't receive every Daemonic unit. The roster you describe is basically the Daemons of Chaos army book, an 8th edition roster made and approved of by Games Workshop. The roster had both Heralds and Greater Daemons available as Army Generals so I don't see why he wouldn't get both Heralds and Exalted Greater Daemons. Depriving Be'lakor of Daemons is pointless.
    You and other people like you that believe he will get everything are setting themselves up for disappointment.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,847

Jastalll said:

Game balance for one.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 533
    He will get chaos spawn (darker) and forsaken (dark color)
    Eth3ryas said:

Jastalll said:

You and other people like you that believe he will get everything are setting themselves up for disappointment.
    Maybe so, I wouldn't put it past CA for them to somehow screw the pooch on Be'lakor. Thankfully, and while this is no excuse for CA to do something wrong, all the daemons are in-game and the roster should be easily fixed through mods.
    Djau said:

Jastalll said:

Game balance for one.
    There would be no balance issues. The Daemons have a highly synchronized roster, focused heavily on monsters and magic. Each God's Daemons provide a different niche for the army.

-Khornate Daemons are glass cannons with low armor and heavy damage.
    -Tzeentch Daemons provide a ranged contingent.
    -Nurgle Daemons are a solid, but slow frontline.
    -Slaanesh Daemons are fast and great at flanking.

As a drawback, however, Be'lakor would not have access to any mortal units.

• KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 154

*Cracks knuckles*

My roster prediction that's sure to ruffle feathers:

Be'lakor The Dark Master, First Damned, Shadow Lord, etc.

Herald of Khorne (Mounts: Juggernaut, Blood Throne)
    Herald of Slaanesh (Lores: Shadows, Slaanesh. Mounts: Steed of Slaanesh, Exalted Seeker Chariot)
    Herald of Nurgle (Lores: Death, Nurgle. Mounts: Palanquin, Rot Fly)
    Herald of Tzeentch (Lores: Metal, Tzeentch. Mounts: Disc, Burning Chariot)

Bloodreaper (Mounts: Juggernaut, Blood Throne)
    Alluress (Lores: Shadows, Slaanesh. Mounts: Steed of Slaanesh, Exalted Seeker Chariot)
    Plagueridden (Lores: Death, Nurgle. Mounts: Palanquin, Rot Fly)
    Iridescent Horror (Lores: Metal, Tzeentch. Mounts: Disc, Burning Chariot)

Bloodletters
    Exalted Bloodletters
    Daemonettes
    Exalted Daemonettes
    Nurglings
    Plaguebearers
    Exalted Plaguebearers
    Blue Horrors
    Pink Horrors
    Exalted Horrors

Blood Crushers
    Seekers