Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQโ€™s here.

Categories

I'm new! But not...

McIrishMcIrish United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 5
edited December 2021 in General
Don't get the wrong idea, Ive been playing RTW for over 15 years. I'm quite familiar with the game. The Vanilla version anyways. But until recently, I've never really done anything online. I think the only version that I've played, of ANY TW, was and still is Rome Total War 1.5 or something like that. Many of the cheats that are listed for the game have been disabled. To give an idea of just how outdated I actually am. Anyways, I was kinda hoping to get some perspective on what exactly I can do in here. A guide of sorts. How do I use this forum and what suggestions does anybody or everybody have for the noob. ๐Ÿ˜ Thanks in advance. Tips on how to tweak the diplomacy in grand campaign would be nice. Maybe a link to a patch or help with the modding stuff... I am not as familiar with the tech stuff as some of you young tech phenoms, layman terminology probably necessary. (Sorry in advance too if I need an explanation for every other word) ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜‹
Post edited by BillyRuffian on
Tagged:

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,456
    edited November 2021
    on RTW? as in rome total war?

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,495
    This is the forum for Warhammer only, buy the game then we can talk

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• McIrishMcIrish United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 5
    Oh.....๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™„ Like I was saying lol. ๐Ÿ‘‰This guy๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ†• My bad. Tanx.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,456
    McIrish said:

Oh.....๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™„ Like I was saying lol. ๐Ÿ‘‰This guy๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿ†• My bad. Tanx.

https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/rome-remastered-general

here is the path for rome section but i doubtany one goes there so meh. try discord or reddit

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307
    this was a pretty unnecessarily hostile response...
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 973
    edited November 2021
    Equix said:

Why such a hostile response to someone, especially someone who states that he's new on the forums?

Anyway, it sounds like you're new here, so welcome! This is, indeed, the Warhammer subforum, and someone already quoted the Rome remaster subforum. It is not an active subforum, so if you want to talk about the Rome remaster, I fear that Reddit will be better suited (https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/) or the Total War Discord (https://discord.gg/totalwar).

If you decide to stay on these forums, here are some tips on the forum itself: dunno if you're on your mobile or pc, but there should be this tab where you can see in which forum you are. Right now, you're in the Warhammer tab (which is, surprisingly, the Warhammer subforum :o ). The other games stated there are the other game-specific subforums. I see you already figured out how to make a thread (which is more than what I ever did on this forum). To quote someone, just press the Quote button under someone's text box and you quote his/her text. If you agree on sth, you press agree. If you disagree, same stuff :p some people here somehow use the disagree button as a dislike button, or as a downvote, so that's probably why someone disagreed with you (and if I'm being honest, I see no reason to press that button).

And apart from that, I guess that's it? You're now officially n00b-off. Welcome to the world of the expert! ;)

Edit: if I misinterpreted your question, I'm sorry. I'm unfamiliar with Rome remaster, so I cannot answer any of those questions
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.

#JusticeForTzeentch.
  • McIrishMcIrish United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 5
    kevManiac said:

Equix said:

Why such a hostile response to someone, especially someone who states that he's new on the forums?

Anyway, it sounds like you're new here, so welcome! This is, indeed, the Warhammer subforum, and someone already quoted the Rome remaster subforum. It is not an active subforum, so if you want to talk about the Rome remaster, I fear that Reddit will be better suited (https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/) or the Total War Discord (https://discord.gg/totalwar).

If you decide to stay on these forums, here are some tips on the forum itself: dunno if you're on your mobile or pc, but there should be this tab where you can see in which forum you are. Right now, you're in the Warhammer tab (which is, surprisingly, the Warhammer subforum :o ). The other games stated there are the other game-specific subforums. I see you already figured out how to make a thread (which is more than what I ever did on this forum). To quote someone, just press the Quote button under someone's text box and you quote his/her text. If you agree on sth, you press agree. If you disagree, same stuff :p some people here somehow use the disagree button as a dislike button, or as a downvote, so that's probably why someone disagreed with you (and if I'm being honest, I see no reason to press that button).

And apart from that, I guess that's it? You're now officially n00b-off. Welcome to the world of the expert! ;)

Edit: if I misinterpreted your question, I'm sorry. I'm unfamiliar with Rome remaster, so I cannot answer any of those questions
    Thank you.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ŒAnd please forgive my techtardedness. I thought I had found the Rome area or page or whatever. Even so, your answer was helpful. I'm not at all familiar with ANY of the online ANYTHING. My experience includes Rome Total War Gold without the internet. Almost 20 years. And more recently, a month ago, Rome Total War 2. Now I'm coming across all this online stuff I've never seen or even heard of. There's quite a bit to navigate. You said Reddit is the place for me to go, or discord? I think I've seen those in the Google search results. Thanks a million. Oh yeah! Are there any online multiplayer Campaigns? I think I read that there's battles. But what about the Campaign?๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ And if so how do I get involved?