Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How I imagine the final map will look(low effort drawing)

2»

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,101
    edited November 2021
    Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

@TheChocolateJesus To be fair, this isn't my most pessimistic take on it, but I think that the more pessimistic take I have is straight up unreasonable to the point I find it impossible that they would do it that badly myself.

Jote191 said:

I just don't understand the reasoning behind marketing Cathay so much then make it barely be on the map. Why not make Cathay a dlc instead then??? I feel like they will slowly reveal more of Cathay with dlc. It just makes sense.

But it doesn't occupy any more territory than many other races in the game. Dimensionally, it's still relatively large. And Kislev, the one being made out to be the main character faction of the game, isn't that much different, really.

I think there's some disagreement between people on here and just how relevant Cathay is in the general state of things from CA's/GW's perspective.
    Nah considering how open they were to talking about it in the Andy interview it doesn't add up. Why build up so much hype for the different regions in Cathay and then not have any plans to do anything with it??? Sounds like they're saving it for dlc or something.

I don't think we're getting all of the Far East, but Cathay is a major selling point and they were marketing it a ton. I don't see why CA wouldn't want to milk it for dlc. They made them core for a reason afterall.
    But they will be there barring the eastern coast, who's dragon will most likely invade the Southlands(that's why I assume the extended east coast of the Southlands will be there). And yeah, they're saving it for FLC/DLC; but the territories they talk about aren't missing, they're there, just not massive like some people thought they would be.

And they will get 2 DLC. That much isn't hard. But you don't need a lot of space to do that. HE have that(6 LLs, as many as Cathay had discussed) and will most likely get another DLC now. And their territories aren't that much different size wise in ME.
    I'm still not convinced. Also we are missing parts of Cathay what do you mean??? We got no Cathayan Coast or Southern Cathay or Mountains of Heaven. Also yes I seen the threoy that Southern Mountains of Mourne is the Mountains of Heaven but that doesn't make sense to me. They are two different mountain ranges.
    Southern Cathay is there, just comparatively small. The two rivers are on the map, and there are lands south of that, which I assume are the lands of the southern kin, no? The coast is missing but the LL won't be, but again, having the coast when Ind and Khuresh won't make it in? That's as relevant as that tiny pond that Sudenburg gets in ME. What's the point of having the east coast where there's nothing to do on that tiny pond when none of the surrounding lands are populated.

As for Mountains of Heaven, I didn't make the map too elaborate, but I do think that that's how CA will morph the map, same as how they have morphed it in other areas of the world. Ulthuan is supposed to be the size of the Old World, but that isn't the case in ME at all. And it definitely isn't off the shore of Bretonnia either. If you want my thoughts, I think that they will be to the east and north of the City of Spires on that map, which itself is.... kinda in Ind? Thus making it positioned "between Ind and Cathay" as the lore mentions go. And, technically, Mountains of Mourne are connected to the Mountains of Heaven on the official maps.

Still, I don't expect Cathay to have any greater presence on the map than what we've seen in the main campaign.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,804
    Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

@TheChocolateJesus To be fair, this isn't my most pessimistic take on it, but I think that the more pessimistic take I have is straight up unreasonable to the point I find it impossible that they would do it that badly myself.

Jote191 said:

I just don't understand the reasoning behind marketing Cathay so much then make it barely be on the map. Why not make Cathay a dlc instead then??? I feel like they will slowly reveal more of Cathay with dlc. It just makes sense.

But it doesn't occupy any more territory than many other races in the game. Dimensionally, it's still relatively large. And Kislev, the one being made out to be the main character faction of the game, isn't that much different, really.

I think there's some disagreement between people on here and just how relevant Cathay is in the general state of things from CA's/GW's perspective.
    Nah considering how open they were to talking about it in the Andy interview it doesn't add up. Why build up so much hype for the different regions in Cathay and then not have any plans to do anything with it??? Sounds like they're saving it for dlc or something.

I don't think we're getting all of the Far East, but Cathay is a major selling point and they were marketing it a ton. I don't see why CA wouldn't want to milk it for dlc. They made them core for a reason afterall.
    But they will be there barring the eastern coast, who's dragon will most likely invade the Southlands(that's why I assume the extended east coast of the Southlands will be there). And yeah, they're saving it for FLC/DLC; but the territories they talk about aren't missing, they're there, just not massive like some people thought they would be.

And they will get 2 DLC. That much isn't hard. But you don't need a lot of space to do that. HE have that(6 LLs, as many as Cathay had discussed) and will most likely get another DLC now. And their territories aren't that much different size wise in ME.
    I'm still not convinced. Also we are missing parts of Cathay what do you mean??? We got no Cathayan Coast or Southern Cathay or Mountains of Heaven. Also yes I seen the threoy that Southern Mountains of Mourne is the Mountains of Heaven but that doesn't make sense to me. They are two different mountain ranges.
    Southern Cathay is there, just comparatively small. The two rivers are on the map, and there are lands south of that, which I assume are the lands of the southern kin, no? The coast is missing but the LL won't be, but again, having the coast when Ind and Khuresh won't make it in? That's as relevant as that tiny pond that Sudenburg gets in ME. What's the point of having the east coast where there's nothing to do on that tiny pond when none of the surrounding lands are populated.

As for Mountains of Heaven, I didn't make the map too elaborate, but I do think that that's how CA will morph the map, same as how they have morphed it in other areas of the world. Ulthuan is supposed to be the size of the Old World, but that isn't the case in ME at all. And it definitely isn't off the shore of Bretonnia either. If you want my thoughts, I think that they will be to the east and north of the City of Spires on that map, which itself is.... kinda in Ind? Thus making it positioned "between Ind and Cathay" as the lore mentions go. And, technically, Mountains of Mourne are connected to the Mountains of Heaven on the official maps.

Still, I don't expect Cathay to have any greater presence on the map than what we've seen in the main campaign.
    Ulthuan has all its regions its just scaled down while Cathay is missing parts. They basically got the Lustria Mortal Empires treatment. Which sucks!!! I've been complaining about that forever, but at least we get a full Lustria in the Vortex map while Cathay gets neither on both maps. I feel their gots to be more to them than that.

I think we'll definitely get some kind of southward expansion on the map with dlc. We just got way too many things pointing to that. Monkey King is said to be in the Mountains of Heaven yet it's missing. We got Andy openly talking about Southern Far East and even brought up the Beasts living their. For comparison he was super secretive when it came to Nippon and didn't go into as much detail about the Cathayan Coast.

Will we get Ind?? I have no idea. They might get Araby’d, but Southern Cathay seems very likely to me. I'd be shocked if CA has no plans for it at all.
    edited November 2021
    Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Ulthuan has all its regions its just scaled down while Cathay is missing parts. They basically got the Lustria Mortal Empires treatment. Which sucks!!! I've been complaining about that forever, but at least we get a full Lustria in the Vortex map while Cathay gets neither on both maps. I feel their gots to be more to them than that.

I think we'll definitely get some kind of southward expansion on the map with dlc. We just got way too many things pointing to that. Monkey King is said to be in the Mountains of Heaven yet it's missing. We got Andy openly talking about Southern Far East and even brought up the Beasts living their. For comparison he was super secretive when it came to Nippon and didn't go into as much detail about the Cathayan Coast.

Will we get Ind?? I have no idea. They might get Araby’d, but Southern Cathay seems very likely to me. I'd be shocked if CA has no plans for it at all.
    Yeah, I think you're putting too much weight into them talking about something equating to it making it in. Temper your expectations, Cathay means nothing for anyone else.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Crossil said:

Jote191 said:

Yeah, I think you're putting too much weight into them talking about something equating to it making it in. Temper your expectations, Cathay means nothing for anyone else.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. Also Southern Cathay dlc is coming at some point i can feel it.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,767
    What would really be wild is if they draw the map in a way where the Chaos Realms are at the center of the map and then everything is outward from there. So to get to Naggarond from Cathay you move "North" through the chaos waste. If they could implement teleportation like you see in civ games, you could simulate a round world without actually making it round.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,505

Nope! It's gonna be this with a bunch of fogged out areas!

I really hope this too and a way to connect the right with the left side to start DE fleets in west naggaroth to cathay.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,967

****, I hope so.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,979
    I don’t think they will give us that much of Lustria without expanding the Southlands, too, but other than that your map seems like a reasonable expectation.
    ò_ó
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    Boring, disappointing and not worthy of the final third part. Nevertheless, it is unfortunately possible.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,174
    If it's anything shy of a full scale map I'll be disappointed. There's only one way to win ME2 map. That's to go all-in. If they want to make portions of it fogged over until DLC? That's fine. So long as they make it clear that they are coming.
  • Ironhawk97Ironhawk97 Registered Users Posts: 23

If they took the entire world and made the map into an actual globe so that there aren't any true "edges" it would be really cool. They could also keep future expansions hidden behind the fog until they're ready to release them.
    Itharus said:

If it's anything shy of a full scale map I'll be disappointed. There's only one way to win ME2 map. That's to go all-in. If they want to make portions of it fogged over until DLC? That's fine. So long as they make it clear that they are coming.

The only issue being that it might make little sense to leave things fogged out for future DLC if they don't intend to add those things at all.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,411
    The map could most likely change and expand as time goes on. CA hope this game is a long term cash cow, that won’t happen with just LP and 0 map development.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,214
    I believe it.

I wouldn’t call it optimal or great. I might call it acceptable either. It would be disappointing in a sense for sure. That much is for sure.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • gladonosgladonos Registered Users Posts: 763
    HAHAHA You are all so impossibly optimistic. Even the OP who is claiming that we will get all of Lustria & Southlands. XD

Then there is that guy that thinks they are gonna do the ENTIRE world... XD

I do like the OPs map though. So I modified it:

• WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,979
    gladonos said:

HAHAHA You are all so impossibly optimistic. Even the OP who is claiming that we will get all of Lustria & Southlands. XD

This seems very likely to me.
    ò_ó
    edited November 2021
    gladonos said:

You might be shocked, but a part of me expects something worse even than that. Still, I have some reasons to believe that Lustria/Southlands could see expansion(unless my worst fears come true).

Firstly, they're seemingly setting up the Sea Dragon as a naval aggressor, and the one place we know she launched an invasion of was the Southlands, so that much could be where they want to place her. Which is gonna be most likely further south than Kroq-Gar as there's not that much coast left. In addition, they addressed the Tlaqua issue before, noting that they understand how placing it in Araby is not accurate and how much it matters to us that places from the game specific campaigns are featured accurately(ironically, that might mean they won't show any lands on the map they don't intend to populate. That might be the reason they are leaving parts of Cathay out on the main campaign map as they don't intend to add them in the final combined map).

And as for Lustria, well, I think we have made enough arguments about it that they understand how it's too small and cramped in there with so many LLs in so few provinces. Now I don't expect full Southlands, but Lustria seems plausible in the way that they did the Far East on the main map. Smaller Wastes to get more of the mortal world in. Naggaroth gets dragged northwards thus dragging more of Lustria onto the map.

It's funny, some call it pessimistic, some realistic and some optimistic. I feel like it's a realistic take, taking into account game 3 map, general grumblings about Lustria and the Tlaqua issue, as well as their own narrative design choices concerning Cathay.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 637
    edited November 2021
    I'm still confused about the regular Game 3 map, so I don't know what to expect anymore.

-Why invest so much on cathay and neighbors lore, promoting them via lore interview, but then leave them in the border of the map without such neighbors?
    -Why would they tease hobgoblin khanate in Old World stuff but then destroy the steppes?
    -Why going so much to the west where there are only things we've already seen, making it feel like buying the same stuff twice?

Can't wait to see some actual info and some explanations.

• T_MACCABBEET_MACCABBEE Registered Users Posts: 470
    That fact that WH2's Mortal Empires campaign inexplicably cut HALF of lustria and the southlands just to fit everything in tells me that some continents are going to get squished even further. I can expect a lot of provinces to lose some minor settlements like what happened with the vortex map and ME.
    gladonos said:

Cutting off half of Lustria is cringe and should be considered a war crime
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    gladonos said:

Optimistic? Is it optimism to believe CA's words? Maybe we are a bit naive here to do that and CA talks more than they should, yet I think you can't completely ignore their words either.

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,855
    I think that's probably quite accurate OP, whether people like it or not
  • Mini_BananaMini_Banana Registered Users Posts: 133
    A lot of people cite that due to that lore interview, Cathay and it's neighbors MUST be expanded on and relevant on this campaign map. But wouldn't it be a lot weirder if they pretended all fo Cathays neighbors didn't exist, or didn't expand on Cathays lore? I think no matter what was said (or wasn't said) would one way or another lead people to expect things that GW and CA had no plan on providing.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,411

A lot of people cite that due to that lore interview, Cathay and it's neighbors MUST be expanded on and relevant on this campaign map. But wouldn't it be a lot weirder if they pretended all fo Cathays neighbors didn't exist, or didn't expand on Cathays lore? I think no matter what was said (or wasn't said) would one way or another lead people to expect things that GW and CA had no plan on providing.

The fact is we have no idea what will happen, a fact a lot of ppl on this thread can’t get to grips with.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 678
    gladonos said:

Sometime ago quen someone asked a CA member, in a Q&A if i remember well, about the cut continents, they said something like that "The map will be a little differente, we know what people want".
    Delenda Est