Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Meet Morbidex Twiceborn, the greatest Nurgling ever

ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,181
Just wanna give you filthy boys some good reads for the weekend. If you have a hard day, always remember that Papa Nurgle loves you! ❤️

If you ever searched for a potential Nurgling LL out there, then your long journey is now over Brother because the answer is YES! There is Morbidex Twiceborn!

Lore:
Morbidex Twiceborn, born as Morbidex Fireborn, is a mighty Chaos Champion of Nurgle and the third member of the infamous Maggoth Riders of Icehorn Peak. The young warrior known as Morbidex Fireborn had a troubled birth, heaved from his mother's womb even as his parents’ village was being burnt down around their ears. Badly disfigured by the flames, Morbidex’s fearsome appearance impressed all who saw it. Yet it was his skill at arms that saw him rise to chieftain of his nomadic tribe, for Morbidex was a merciless fighter with a will of iron.

Morbidex had been brought up as a devout worshipper of the Dark Gods, and had listened well to his shamans. During their nightly tutelage he learned that the great god Tzeentch was associated with the flames of change. The young chieftain grew to believe that it was the Great Architect that had scarred him as a baby, and vowed to take his revenge. His shamans were horrified at the very idea, but Fireborn insisted. He made preparations for a great voyage, and set out for the Realm of Chaos in search of aid from Tzeentch's greatest rival - Grandfather Nurgle.

Further and further north went Morbidex, climbing through snowdrifts and hauling himself up mountains in his ceaseless pilgrimage. The landscape around him became stranger the further north the chieftain went. Caves became glistening mouths, cliff faces folded in on themselves over and over again, skies screamed and withered trees clutched at Morbidex as he battled past. Yet not for one moment did he entertain the notion of retreat.

In the end, the Garden of Nurgle came to Morbidex. The aethyric winds were blowing strong that year, and the Realm of Chaos spilled out into reality, consuming the lands in a tide of unreality. Unholy vegetation spread rapidly across glacier and ice floe alike, fungi sprouted and spores choked the air until the world became ever more similar to the fecund paradise of the Lord of Decay. Morbidex was climbing the sheer side of Icehorn Peak with only a pair of sharp axes when this wave of strangeness washed over him. As he hung precariously from the mountainside, an avalanche descended upon him - not of snow and ice, but of giggling, excited nurglings. The nurgling avalanche took Morbidex with it all the way to the bottom of the mountain, each of the portly little daemons squealing in delight around the chieftain as they tumbled into the mortal realm. The chieftain cried out too, but not in joy, for he feared he was being carried to his death.

Buried alive by countless tonnes of suppurating, daemonic flesh, Morbidex lost consciousness. When he recovered he was swimming in a pitch-dark morass of diseased liquids and squishy, bloated bodies. He did not know which way was up and which was down, and his breath came in ragged gasps, each foul mouthful carrying a throat-searing stink. He tried to dig his way through the mass, flailing and thrashing as the nurglings around him tittered and wriggled, occasionally tickling him or poking tiny holes in his flesh.

The Twiceborn
The boldest of the nurglings, introducing himself as Little Bubo, slipped and squirted his way through the living quagmire to Morbidex’s side. He asked the chieftain a child’s riddle, and though Fireborn sullenly ignored it at first, eventually he gave the answer - it was a riddle he himself had told as a child. Little Bubo burrowed down and yanked hard at Morbidex’s belt, but he was little stronger than an infant, and achieved nothing. Next to speak was Bull Boil, a comparatively brawny nurgling with a steer’s horns. He asked the trapped chieftain a riddle of his own, and after long thought, Morbidex gave the correct answer to this conundrum too. Bull Boil shouldered his way to Morbidex’s feet and pushed upwards with all his inconsiderable might. Over and over again this strange test was undertaken, each of the bravest nurglings asking his own riddle. Those to whom Morbidex gave the right answer would aid him, pushing and pulling as the chieftain struggled to get free. Though they were individually weak, when a dozen Nurglings strove to help, their aid finally paid off. Slowly, inch by painstaking inch, Fireborn managed to climb through the morass.

There was a price to be paid, of course, as there always is when dealing with daemons. Those nurglings to whom Morbidex gave the wrong answer would laugh evilly and touch a part of his anatomy with their spindly fingers. Mere moments later, that part of Morbidex would change to echo the form of the daemon-mite that had touched it. When the chieftain failed to answer Wobblegut's riddle he felt his belly distending to become a pallid boulder of suppurating fat. When Slitherlimb’s question went unanswered, Morbidex found a tentacle sprouting painfully from his left elbow. Last of all was the question posed by Grinling, a nurgling who had suckled at Nurgle’s own blistered teat.

The riddle was simple in nature - what were a man’s desires next to those of a god? By this point Morbidex was at his wits’ end. His head swimming, he roared in frustration and caught the nurgling in his hands, squashing it until it popped like an overripe pimple. He found his maddened shout change to a contralto yelp, then to a high pitched giggle as his face changed to that of the Nurgling he had just destroyed. Morbidex fought through the pain of his transformations, bursting up from the nurgling-tide like a zombie clawing out from the grave. The daemon-mites, impressed by the tenacity of the champion in their midst, cheered in unison as Morbidex threw back his newly-horned head and laughed manically at the shimmering skies reborn.

Characteristics:
Morbidex has been followed by hundreds of jubilant nurglings ever since. He was borne on a squelching, farting pile of the creatures to their caves beneath Icehorn Peak, where he introduced himself as Morbidex Twiceborn. Recognizing a kindred spirit, Orghotts Daemonspew offered Morbidex the position of jarl in his tribe - provided, that is, he could conquer a beast of greater size than a mere nurgling. Incensed, Morbidex set off for the Eternal Lagoon in search of a pox maggoth much like the one that Orghotts himself rode.

He found one soon enough; a giant drooling fiend with a triple tongue protruding from its mouth. The chieftain ducked and rolled out from the maggoth’s powerful swings, and though his nurglings distracted and confused the beast, whenever Morbidex’s scythe lopped off a limb or a tongue it would swiftly grow back. The rampaging maggoth swallowed dozens of Morbidex’s daemon-mites whole, and for a while the chieftain feared for his life. However, the pox maggoth’s unholy appetite proved its downfall. The nurglings inside the maggoth frolicked in its stomach acids, giggling and splashing even as they dissolved. Blending their essence with the beast’s, they mingled their minds with that of their devourer until it too became a devoted follower of the Twiceborn. Morbidex rode the beast back to Orghotts, taking his place at Daemonspew’s right hand.

Wargear:
Tripletongue - Morbidex, like all Maggoth Riders, rides on top of his Pox Maggoth Tripletongue, with the ability to spew toxic filth upon his enemies.

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
Tagged:

Comments

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    Morbidex is a character that I personally think we will see but as a legendary hero and the only one of the three maggoth riders worth seeing implemented in the game.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,411
    I thought Ku’gath started as a Nurgling, always happy to see more LLs for Nurgle though
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,876
    I'd like to see the 3 maggoth riders implemented as LHs
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,181
    brago90 said:

Morbidex is a character that I personally think we will see but as a legendary hero and the only one of the three maggoth riders worth seeing implemented in the game.

I'd like to see the 3 maggoth riders implemented as LHs

Yeah I hope we’ll see all 3 of them as LHs coming with the Glottkin LP.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 1,943
    Revolting and vile.

A truly disgusting origin of a misbegotten and repulsive creature not fit to walk this or any realm.

It's perfectly nurglish, I hate it.

Good find.

I thought Ku’gath started as a Nurgling, always happy to see more LLs for Nurgle though

I think that’s only in 40k.

Yeah it’s Crazy how many awesome characters Nurgle got, he’s clearly the most favoured God by GW and hopefully also CA.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,485
    I mean he's not a nurgling, sure he was made to look like one but he's a mutated human.
    ArneSo said:

Yeah it’s Crazy how many awesome characters Nurgle got, he’s clearly the most favoured God by GW and hopefully also CA.
    The daemons in 40k and fantasy are explicitly the same. The warp/realms of chaos connects the two settings

ArneSo said:

The daemons in 40k and fantasy are explicitly the same. The warp/realms of chaos connects the two settings
    Wrong. They have different backgrounds and characters have a different Lore.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,295
    Man the Maggoth Rider's lore is some of my favourite, would love to see them as a trio of legendary heroes for Nurgle.
    Rob18446 said:

Man the Maggoth Rider's lore is some of my favourite, would love to see them as a trio of legendary heroes for Nurgle.

The Glottkin could get a nice narrative campaign where they have to collect the 3 Maggoth Riders similar to Markus Hunters.

This could actually also be a quest for all Nurgle factions, similar to Kroak.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Nope and I have shown the proof before, just because you choose to be ignorant, ignore what GW have stated and lie doesn't mean its true.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Nope and I have shown the proof before, just because you choose to be ignorant, ignore what GW have stated and lie doesn't mean its true.
    In Fantasy he wasn’t a Nurgling originally.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,183

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

There are actually a few differences. For example Nurgle is the the oldest god in Fantasy but Khorne is in 40k. They're not the same.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 4,172
    Would play/10 seems like a nice little chap.
  • Robosoldier1Robosoldier1 Registered Users Posts: 191
    Nurgle has got a ton of variety in units frankly. More so then I think the rest of the chaos gods. Though I could be wrong. Overall It will be nice when we finally get more expanded rosters.

- Bile trolls
    - Plague Ogres
    - Plague knights
    - Blightlords
    - Beasts of Nurgle

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

There are actually a few differences. For example Nurgle is the the oldest god in Fantasy but Khorne is in 40k. They're not the same.
    Other than slannesh the ages of the gods is very old out of date lore.
    We know from the end times that chaos predates warhammer fantasy so any guessing of the age is moot when they predate that universe.

GW has straight up stated several times that they are the same.
    edited December 2021
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

It not being mentioned =/= it didn't happen

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

It not being mentioned =/= it didn't happen
    Anyways, even if Ku’Gath originally was a Nurgling in FB too, Morbidex as a LH would be awesome.

He could give more buffs to Nurglings and maybe also the ability to summon them.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,830

ArneSo said:

Categorically wrong. GW has explicitly stated, that the Warp and the Realm of Chaos are FUNCTIONALLY identical (ie powered by emotion, the home of Daemons etc. etc.), but they are exactly NOT identical, meaning that they are entirely seperate and there is no "bridge" between the settings.

ArneSo said:

Categorically wrong. GW has explicitly stated, that the Warp and the Realm of Chaos are FUNCTIONALLY identical (ie powered by emotion, the home of Daemons etc. etc.), but they are exactly NOT identical, meaning that they are entirely seperate and there is no "bridge" between the settings.
    Maybe you should do some research before making such a statement.

"Nurgle Rotten Legions in the 41ST Millennium
    The Realm of Chaos reaches through all space and time, existing in an infinite number of realities. As such Nurgle's servants are as likely to appear in 41sT millennium as they are in the Mortal Realms."

-White Dwarf Jan 2018

">Q : Grombrindal – I have a question for you. There are four Chaos Gods in the Mortal Realms – Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch and Slaanesh. But wasn’t Slaanesh created by the aeldari in Warhammer 40,000? How does that work? Any words of wisdom?

>A : Eugh, a Chaos question! I really must sort out my contract so I don’t have to answer them. Anywho… the Realm of Chaos is a mystical place that spans all of existence, stretching across dimensions and time – sometimes it’s called the Realm of Chaos, sometimes the warp, Empyrean, Immaterium, Formless Wastes, Land of Lost Souls or simply the Abyss – it’s all pretty much the same thing. In the Warhammer 40,000 universe it’s said that Slaanesh was created by the aeldari. After his (or her) creation, Slaanesh was then free to journey across the Realm of Chaos, where he (or she) crafted a realm of pleasure and excess in which to dwell. From this point on, Slaanesh could send his (or her) minions – be they mortal or daemonic – across the Realm of Chaos, either into realspace, to the world-thatwas or now the Mortal Realms (and countless other places). Seeing as how similar the aelves are to the aeldari, it’s no wonder that Slaanesh took such an interest in them!"

-White Dwarf June 2018

"I see an old world beyond the next horizon – a world that likely never was, where sorcery blew in the very winds and a self-made god-king was all that stood against the Ruinous Powers.
    Mayhap I would find the answer there, if I could find it at all."

-Draigo: Knight of Titan

And many more examples
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 520
    Whether Fantasy or 40K is in the same universe depends on which GW writer you ask and in which decade. GW changes their collective mind about it all the time.

If it is the same, I personally find it stupid. If Space Marines with bolters and titans struggle against Greater Daemons what hope do halberdiers and muskets have?
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,916

ArneSo said:

The Realm of Chaos reaches through all space and time, existing in an infinite number of realities. As such Nurgle's servants are as likely to appear in 41sT millennium as they are in the Mortal Realms."

-White Dwarf Jan 2018

">Q : Grombrindal – I have a question for you. There are four Chaos Gods in the Mortal Realms – Nurgle, Khorne, Tzeentch and Slaanesh. But wasn’t Slaanesh created by the aeldari in Warhammer 40,000? How does that work? Any words of wisdom?

>A : Eugh, a Chaos question! I really must sort out my contract so I don’t have to answer them. Anywho… the Realm of Chaos is a mystical place that spans all of existence, stretching across dimensions and time – sometimes it’s called the Realm of Chaos, sometimes the warp, Empyrean, Immaterium, Formless Wastes, Land of Lost Souls or simply the Abyss – it’s all pretty much the same thing. In the Warhammer 40,000 universe it’s said that Slaanesh was created by the aeldari. After his (or her) creation, Slaanesh was then free to journey across the Realm of Chaos, where he (or she) crafted a realm of pleasure and excess in which to dwell. From this point on, Slaanesh could send his (or her) minions – be they mortal or daemonic – across the Realm of Chaos, either into realspace, to the world-thatwas or now the Mortal Realms (and countless other places). Seeing as how similar the aelves are to the aeldari, it’s no wonder that Slaanesh took such an interest in them!"

-White Dwarf June 2018

"I see an old world beyond the next horizon – a world that likely never was, where sorcery blew in the very winds and a self-made god-king was all that stood against the Ruinous Powers.

And many more examples
    Yep, I was going to say this. In the past the two settings were distinct, but "New GW" is now explicitly saying that the Realm of Chaos is the same, but stretches into multiple different worlds.

Hell, in the Liber Chaotica, the author Richter Kless literally references how he sees visions of the Black Crusades, the birth of Slaanesh, and Magnus the Red.

https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Liber_Chaotica
  • PappyTronPappyTron Registered Users Posts: 1,114
    Also, don't forget that in The End Times the Skaven ending up seeing the Eldar.
    "Back in the sweatshop in Ulthuan, we found an Elf, we tossed it right in the soup. Those hungry bastards ate Elf soup every day. What's the worst thing that could happen? Some little snotling chokes on a hairball and dies? So then you toss him in the soup. I was making money hand over foot, literally. Some gobbo lost a hand or a foot, I'd toss it in the soup" - Grom
    mw51630 said:

ArneSo said:

-White Dwarf Jan 2018

-White Dwarf June 2018

And many more examples
    Yep, I was going to say this. In the past the two settings were distinct, but "New GW" is now explicitly saying that the Realm of Chaos is the same, but stretches into multiple different worlds.

Hell, in the Liber Chaotica, the author Richter Kless literally references how he sees visions of the Black Crusades, the birth of Slaanesh, and Magnus the Red.

https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Liber_Chaotica
    Yeah also one of the Old warhammer monthlies had an ultramarine and Chaos warrior (fantasy) meet in the warp
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,124
    edited December 2021
    From ones to potentially come?
    Oooof good question... there's a lot I really do not have interest in at all.

From the ones we know are coming it would be Kostaltyn. He holds 0 appeal to me.

From probable lords??
    Pretty much any of the mortal chaos lords associated with a god that isn't Tzeentch with the exception of Valkia, Dechala and Tamurkhan.
    If it's not a daemon or so daemon-kin that it might as well be a daemon, that's an automatic -20 on diplomatic relations with my faction so to speak. Actually even the Tzeentch ones aren't entirely safe. Personally, I do not care much about Horstmann.

Edit: and for people hating on the Masque...
    We need the Masque to be in game and duel with Wurzzag. The epic dance off we all deserve!
    I'll be very sad if there's not a unique trait for one to win from the other, like with Settra and Surtha's chariot rivarly.
    MrDragon said:

From ones to potentially come?
    Oooof good question... there's a lot I really do not have interest in at all.

From the ones we know are coming it would be Kostaltyn. He holds 0 appeal to me.

From probable lords??
    Pretty much any of the mortal chaos lords associated with a god that isn't Tzeentch with the exception of Valkia, Dechala and Tamurkhan.
    If it's not a daemon or so daemon-kin that it might as well be a daemon, that's an automatic -20 on diplomatic relations with my faction so to speak. Actually even the Tzeentch ones aren't entirely safe. Personally, I do not care much about Horstmann.

Edit: and for people hating on the Masque...
    We need the Masque to be in game and duel with Wurzzag. The epic dance off we all deserve!
    I'll be very sad if there's not a unique trait for one to win from the other, like with Settra and Surtha's chariot rivarly.

I think you wanted to post this in the LEAST excited LL thread mate. 😅