Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What's Khorne most hated enemy?

2»

Comments

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,124

You'd think Khorne would hate Elves the most for the same reasons Slaanesh loves them.

Quite though Khorne is at least approves of all the Khainite slaughter from the Druchii.
    I think in general though Khorne just hates too much of everything and everybody else to really need a direct nemesis.

In the end though, the Chaos Gods aside from Slaanesh do not really have very specific beefs with a certain species I think.
    Ku'gath hates dwarfs but Ku'gath isn't nurgle himself.
    Tzeentch is cool with Cathay if anything. It seems to be the mortal nation where his influence is greatest.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,824

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

That leaves Khorne, is there a race in particular that he wants to destroy? Or he hates everyone the same?

Why does Tzeentch hate Cathay again?
    Because there is an old source saying that a tzeentchian cult gained power in cathai, and it has been flanderized to the extreme so now tzeentch vs cathai is a rivalry as strong as orcs vs dwarfs.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,492

It's weird how his most hated brother isn't Tzeentch

I've always found it weird that Slaanesh was his most hated rival. Especially given that the explanation is that Khorne dedicates himself to slaughter while big S dedicates him/her/itself to their own base desires. But that seems a flimsy excuse, all 3 other Gods are dedicated to something other than carnage for carnage's sake. And Tzeentch is the kind of cowardly, squishy, melee-avoiding, manipulating, magic-using nerd that Khorne should despise most of all if you ask me.

Same for Slaanesh vs Nurgle. Not only do they have a great aesthetic and thematic clash in between their armies -slow and blighted vs fast and pristine on the surface- but Slaanesh encourages selfish hedonism taken to extremes while Nurgle wants you to spread the love to everyone with little thought to one's personal wants, ambitions or even hygiene.

What's canon is canon of course, but still. Anyway I don't think Khorne hates entire peoples or races, not much more than he hates anything else at all times anyway. It's more individuals that draw his particular ire, hence the existence of Flesh Hounds.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 6,831
    Jastalll said:

I've always found it weird that Slaanesh was his most hated rival. Especially given that the explanation is that Khorne dedicates himself to slaughter while big S dedicates him/her/itself to their own base desires. But that seems a flimsy excuse, all 3 other Gods are dedicated to something other than carnage for carnage's sake. And Tzeentch is the kind of cowardly, squishy, melee-avoiding, manipulating, magic-using nerd that Khorne should despise most of all if you ask me.

Same for Slaanesh vs Nurgle. Not only do they have a great aesthetic and thematic clash in between their armies -slow and blighted vs fast and pristine on the surface- but Slaanesh encourages selfish hedonism taken to extremes while Nurgle wants you to spread the love to everyone with little thought to one's personal wants, ambitions or even hygiene.

What's canon is canon of course, but still. Anyway I don't think Khorne hates entire peoples or races, not much more than he hates anything else at all times anyway. It's more individuals that draw his particular ire, hence the existence of Flesh Hounds.
    Tzeentch doesn't avoid combat. Also, Tzeentch's scheme often produce great conflicts that lead to high amounts of bloodshed. Slaanesh doesn't promote violence or even bloodshed, hence why Khorne actively despises Slaanesh. With that being said, Khorne also hates Tzeentch, since he does find the schemes distasteful. Nurgle is the Chaos God he hates the least, but even Nurgle is also hated, since Nurgle is the God of Despair, and the acceptance of the inevitable, which is something that Khorne will absolutely rage against, since he would feel that you should always fight.
  • BordigaBordiga Registered Users Posts: 337
    As others have pointed out, for Khorne and his followers vampires are one of the worst heretics, cause they steal the vital fluid that legitemately belongs to Khorne.

BLOOD for the blood GOD, not for a bunch of rancid renaissance aristocrats.

For him vampires are basically just a bunch of ticks and fleas, reason why they should be smashed wihout pity.

All opinions my own.

Medieval II is still the best Total War.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2021
    MrDragon said:

Tzeentch is cool with Cathay if anything. It seems to be the mortal nation where his influence is greatest.

I wonder about that, Tzeentch has a great influence in Araby

• JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,492

Jastalll said:

Tzeentch doesn't avoid combat. Also, Tzeentch's scheme often produce great conflicts that lead to high amounts of bloodshed. Slaanesh doesn't promote violence or even bloodshed, hence why Khorne actively despises Slaanesh. With that being said, Khorne also hates Tzeentch, since he does find the schemes distasteful. Nurgle is the Chaos God he hates the least, but even Nurgle is also hated, since Nurgle is the God of Despair, and the acceptance of the inevitable, which is something that Khorne will absolutely rage against, since he would feel that you should always fight.
    I mean Slaanesh very much promotes violence if that's what her followers enjoy, and fields entire armies to this end. Also the whole torture bit, which Khorne probably sees as frivolous nonsense but still bloodshed. Tzeentch's rampant use of magic for any and every purpose sounds like it should be far more offensive to Khorne to me.

Tzeentch avoids melee combat in general, more than any other God by quite the significant margin, especially in-game. From a Khornate point of view that definitely makes him cowardly, meanwhile Slaanesh is even more melee focused than Khorne in-game, having no ranged units that we've seen whatsoever.

It's hardly a big deal- again, canon is canon- but while Nurgle vs Tzeentch works as a rivalry given the themes of hope vs despair, bloodshed vs hedonism (which often includes bloodshed, this being a setting about war) is a far less convincing conflict IMO.
  • DruidsbrookDruidsbrook Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 255
    Torture would definitely put you on Khornes naughty list. That implies you have prisoners that you chose not to slaughter immediately and offer their skulls to the Blood God. Instead you prolong their life for your own selfish desires, wasting time against an already defeated foe who cannot do anything in retaliation. It is at odds with Khornes sense of honour and warrior mentality, that blood should have already been spilt.

Tzeetch is patient but not a procastinator and is always moving forward which is something he shares with the hot-blooded Khorne and seperates them from Nurgle and Slannesh who are more prone to sloth. Bloodshed is often a fast method for change so they probably align a fair bit on moral meddling.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,215
  • VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 117
    edited November 2021
    Khorne hates halflings most, change my mind.
  • Omega_WarriorOmega_Warrior Registered Users Posts: 1,260

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

That leaves Khorne, is there a race in particular that he wants to destroy? Or he hates everyone the same?

Cathay is the oldest human empire on the planet and are led by beings that have been around since before the old ones and chaos ever arrived on the planet. They are the oldest established order in the entire world save for maybe the High Elves but even they have had big shake ups with the creation of the dark elves and are a bit harder to get to.

For someone who is a god of change, Cathay is basically an affront to everything he believes in. An empire that has hardly changed at all since he arrived. So it makes sense he would take a special interest in wanting to disrupt their harmony.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,786
    Bordiga said:

As others have pointed out, for Khorne and his followers vampires are one of the worst heretics, cause they steal the vital fluid that legitemately belongs to Khorne.

BLOOD for the blood GOD, not for a bunch of rancid renaissance aristocrats.

For him vampires are basically just a bunch of ticks and fleas, reason why they should be smashed wihout pity.

Is that canon? I can't find that anywhere.

What I do remember is there being a powerful band of Khornate Blood Knight, the leader whom gave Karl Franz a real spanking

I'm willing to admit being wrong if someone can find a source, but it'd still be super weird. I thought Nurgle hated Vampires, Vlad in particular for saving Isabella from her wasting illness.
  • DruidsbrookDruidsbrook Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 255
    Pretty sure all the Chaos gods hate vampires because they have attained immortality without their assitance. That makes them difficult to tempt, corrupt and trap with pacts. Most of their servants will be mindless, emotionless undead that cant be bargained with either.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,284
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 1,122

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Tzeentch and Slaanesh are his top most hated enemies. Tzeentch because magic, deceit and manipulations and Khorne hates those with a passion. Slaanesh because he turns military endeavors into **** and weird degenerate parades, which **** Khorne even more so (not to mention being utterly cruel and sadistic towards his prey instead of swiftly killing them like Khorne does).
  • BordigaBordiga Registered Users Posts: 337

Pretty sure all the Chaos gods hate vampires because they have attained immortality without their assitance. That makes them difficult to tempt, corrupt and trap with pacts. Most of their servants will be mindless, emotionless undead that cant be bargained with either.

Yeah that's true, but Khorne is probably the one that hate them the most.

Is that canon? I can't find that anywhere.

What I do remember is there being a powerful band of Khornate Blood Knight, the leader whom gave Karl Franz a real spanking

I'm willing to admit being wrong if someone can find a source, but it'd still be super weird. I thought Nurgle hated Vampires, Vlad in particular for saving Isabella from her wasting illness.

The warhammer fantasy roleplay book Night's Dark Masters: a guide to Vampires, does mentions the different reasons all Chaos gods hate vampires, especially Khorne.

Nurgle hates them because they are virtually immune to his "gifts", Tzeentch because the don't experiment any changes with time, and Slaanesh is actually the one god that although also hates them it does so in a much lesser way, and sort of tolerates them.

All opinions my own.

Medieval II is still the best Total War.
  • EimhosanEimhosan Registered Users Posts: 362
    Non chaos: Kislev. Khorne thinks that the movie "frozen" is overrated. The Kislevites know this and regularly sing the soundtrack collectively telling him to "let it go" and it **** him off immensely.

Chaos: Slaanesh. Over the years, Khorne has had to keep a close eye on his skullthrone. Making sure the glue holds all the skulls together, making sure there's not one skull out of place to give proper lumbar support and comfort etc. People think it's as simple as throwing a bunch of skulls together, but it really isn't and since it is a skull throne and not a skull toilet it is sometimes necessary to leave said throne to conduct discreet unholy business on a smaller, lesser known, "throne" . On one such occasion, a certain prince of pleasure stopped by and thought it would be funny and euphoric to rub it's favorite appendage all over Khorne's beloved seat. Since such....discovery

Slaanesh is not allowed to ever be in the rhealm of Khorne or to be alive
    8 bloodthirsters are forever chained to the skull throne at all times
    All skulls that go into the throne MUST be bleached and cleaned thoroughly (blood is ok of course)
    And Khorne has not left his throne. His chronic and self imposed constipation fueling his rage even further.
    Reminder that moderation is preservation. If you find a unit or a spell that is really strong, try to keep it a secret so you can enjoy it as long as you can instead of shouting it to the world. Don't spam it, because if you do so enough you won't have it as long because all the people you PO'd will whine on the forums and the sooner it will be nerfed.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,549

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Khorne's enemy, is existence itself.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,485
    saweendra said:

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Nurgles most hated enemy is Tzeentch
    Slanneshs most hated enemy is khorne
    Tzeentchs most hated enemy is Nurgle
    Khornes most hated enemy is Slannehs

Ignoring the other chaos gods.

Nurgle and Dwarfs also kind of vampires because he hates undead as the break the cycle of life

Slannesh and Elves

Tzeentch and khorne don't have mortal races they hate (well khorne hates everyone, but doesn't have a specific mortal rivial).

It's definitely not cathay.
    its now cathay from mortal races , just no one told us why
    No it's not Cathay, nowhere does it say what we have seen from the game does it say Tzeentch hates cathay.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Registered Users Posts: 231
    A wizard with a pointy hat saying: You shall not pass.

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Because there is an old source saying that a tzeentchian cult gained power in cathai, and it has been flanderized to the extreme so now tzeentch vs cathai is a rivalry as strong as orcs vs dwarfs.
    No it's not. CA putting two races together for marketing or dlc doesn't mean they have a rivalry.

Just look at markus and nakai. They have never met in lore and don't have a rivalry.

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2021
    Pacifists? Emotional stable people? Calm personalities? Empathy in general?
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,683

poor tzeentch, forced to do pr stuff for the pampered newcomer, what a joke.

embrace change. New lore = old lore.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,977
    edited December 2021

saweendra said:

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Nurgle and Dwarfs also kind of vampires because he hates undead as the break the cycle of life

Slannesh and Elves

Tzeentch and khorne don't have mortal races they hate (well khorne hates everyone, but doesn't have a specific mortal rivial).

No it's not Cathay, nowhere does it say what we have seen from the game does it say Tzeentch hates cathay.
    tzeentch is pretty interested in cathay if it didn't kairos whole story will not revolve around Cathay , its like eleves and slaneesh he wants Cathay and or he hates Cathay who knows its tzeeentch but one thing is certain going forward there gonna be lot of Cathay vs Tzeentch lore.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Cathay is the oldest human empire on the planet and are led by beings that have been around since before the old ones and chaos ever arrived on the planet. They are the oldest established order in the entire world save for maybe the High Elves but even they have had big shake ups with the creation of the dark elves and are a bit harder to get to.

For someone who is a god of change, Cathay is basically an affront to everything he believes in. An empire that has hardly changed at all since he arrived. So it makes sense he would take a special interest in wanting to disrupt their harmony.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Slannesh and Elves

tzeentch is pretty interested in cathay if it didn't kairos whole story will not revolve around Cathay , its like eleves and slaneesh he wants Cathay and or he hates Cathay who knows its tzeeentch but one thing is certain going forward there gonna be lot of Cathay vs Tzeentch lore.
    Karios os there for game purposes.

But the game and their stories aren't even remotely canon.

Or are you suggesting that Markus and Nakai are rivals despite never having met.
    Or that sknitch and malus are rivals
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,977

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Slannesh and Elves

Or are you suggesting that Markus and Nakai are rivals despite never having met.
    sure sure but the point is that in Andy interview acording to him the major god infiltrating Cathay is tzeentch so there is already GW starting to push the narrative in that direction for tzeentch, its just matter of time , not just the game.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • Data5Data5 Registered Users Posts: 316
    edited December 2021

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Tzeentch is the only demon that seems to be able to go through the great bastion. No melee, speed or tank focused unit is useful against a 200m high wall.

Also Tzeentch reflect China's long history of internal schemes instead of outside threat well. Usually China gets invaded when the empire is divided internally and not when it's unified.
  • TheMechETheMechE Registered Users Posts: 70
    edited December 2021
    Why would nurgle hate the dwarves? I figured he would hate the undead because you can't infest something with diseases that kill it if it's already dead.

The undead seem like the ultimate enemy of nurgle just from that reasoning. Not the dwarves
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,786
    TheMechE said:

Why would nurgle hate the dwarves? I figured he would hate the undead because you can't infest something with diseases that kill it if it's already dead.

The undead seem like the ultimate enemy of nurgle just from that reasoning. Not the dwarves

He hates both.

As for the dwarfs, it's more Ku'gath than Nurgle, bit they've been a thorn to his side

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

No it's not. CA putting two races together for marketing or dlc doesn't mean they have a
    saweendra said:

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Nurgle with the Dwarfs.
    Slaanesh with the Elfs.
    Tzeentch with Cathay.

Slannesh and Elves

sure sure but the point is that in Andy interview acording to him the major god infiltrating Cathay is tzeentch so there is already GW starting to push the narrative in that direction for tzeentch, its just matter of time , not just the game.
    Humans setting up cults doesn't mean Tzeentch os focused on cathay