Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What are some of your favourite doomstacks/memestacks?

Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,207
Just ‘finished’ a Gelt campaign, had too many wizards, so put all the excess ones in with gelt for a 20 wizard stack. That was super fun and deadly.
BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!

Comments

• busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307
    runelord and 19 runesmiths is hilarious, and very strong
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,207
    Dinos and dragons obviously.
    But anyone play with a stack of zoats? Or hydras? Both are a bit of fun.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,614
    I don't really do armies like these. But the one I always fantasized about doing was a full Vampire stack.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    RikRiorik said:

I don't really do armies like these. But the one I always fantasized about doing was a full Vampire stack.

Isabella does well with this, just keep some on the ground. But wow, it is pretty powerful. A good one to dream about if you don’t like doing them, it’s as good as you imagine.
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 1,819
    Manticore spam is pretty fun for me. They're not amazing creatures but dropping a bunch of them on a target is fun and they're small enough to not be super clumsy with regards to pathfinding. Great for wall cleaning too. Rampage sucks, and they're a bit fragile, but that's why you bring more of them.

And trolls. Trolls are quite fun to use. Enough speed that it doesn't feel awful, and if you bring 15 of them then there's enough health and general sturdiness that they can trade punches for a bit. Just try to get good surrounds instead of getting into big blobs where frontline models take all the damage.

I've been meaning to try out a centigor spam stack at some point but my Beastmen campaigns tend to be over before I get enough capacity for them. Should be pretty fun when I get around to it, though.

I'm presently doing my first semi-serious Moulder playthrough and brood horrors with stalk and unspottable are positively hilarious. The detection range on them is tiny and their speed is so ridiculous. Still haven't tried souped up death runners, but I'll have to give them a go at some point. Stalk, good speed, phys resist combined with regen, healing, more speed, and more resistances. Could actually end up being pretty decent despite being infantry. Also, I really need to try and find out just how nuts a stalking weapons team army is.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,141
    19 wizards on griffin pretty deadly.

I never doing this meme stacks, but i once made army only archer for Alith anar.

Hm mine favorite unit poison wind mortar, maybe it not that bad as sounds
  • DTAPPSNZDTAPPSNZ Registered Users Posts: 1,141
    edited December 2021
    I hate doomstacks tbh, prefer a balanced play style
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    edited December 2021
    I like a bit of both, depending on how I feel, balanced armies sometimes, doomstacks from hell other times, memestacks for fun when I’m feeling silly.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • vg45vg45 DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 180
    Terrorgheists, Varghulfs, Sisters of Averlorn. Hero stacks are kind of bothersome because they end up having so many abilities and levelling them up is a nightmare, you have to play really careful with the ones that have yet to become immortal as well, although that can be kind of fun. Now that I think of it, a Skaven Assassin is probably one of the more fun armies, it's pretty different from what I usually do with Skaven (which involves a whole lot of Slaves with slings).
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,080
    Imrik, Mikaela, 'special' dragons and star dragons.
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,751

If you disband/lose the starting sun dragon you have no heart.
    manpersal said:

It’s a crime to not have it in the dragon stack. Correct.
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Registered Users Posts: 519
    19 shadow walkers with their king leading them. That's the only time I stacked 19 of the same unit.

While it probably isn't going to be very powerful, I sometimes imagine making a deck dropper handguns stack when playing VCoast.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,185
    Full skink armies.

It's surprisingly good, as long as you understand how to use them correctly. So much that it's hard for me to go back to saurus-themed armies now.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,259
    Sniktch plus all Chieftains = a very tough Sniktch.
    Fossoway said:

Full skink armies.

It's surprisingly good, as long as you understand how to use them correctly. So much that it's hard for me to go back to saurus-themed armies now.

I have found this of late, the upkeep alone is what drove me to it. Stayed for the poison, stalk and mini bombs.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,789
    edited December 2021
    I've done full Dino and full 'flame' army with Imrik that was 75% dragons.

But in both versions, I prefer variety over optimization.

So like, rev crystals, troglodons, a coatl, a saurian, ark of sotek, regular Stegadons, carnosaurs, a thunderous one, etc. etc. as opposed to just, 19x Engine of the Gods. That way there's still some color variety well as tactical and aesthetic variation in my Jurassic Park.

Same with my Dragon/Phoenix Army that includes Talons, Fireborn, RoR Sisters, etc.

^And I don't always run those types of stacks in a playthrough nor is every army in a playthrough a clone of that build. But I usually do like at least one stack built in that style in most playthroughs.
    Post edited by Valkaar on
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,080
    manpersal said:

Perish the thought! I would never do such a thing!! He and Mikaela often become a foundation of new armies.
  • Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 283
    Fossoway said:

Full skink armies.

Yes red crested skinks are pretty good. Plus skinks are cool.
  • more-morewarpstonemore-morewarpstone Registered Users Posts: 313
    I truly love using the Hellpit faction mechanics to churn out armies of basically free skaven slaves on crack, and send them along with a powerful army.
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 550
    Hate doomstacks.
  • Ironhawk97Ironhawk97 Registered Users Posts: 230
    Isabella + 19 vampires

Imrik + Heroes on dragons, named dragons, and other dragons

Malus Darkblade with he, himself, and the voice in his head and the sword of khaine. Maybe 19 reaper bolt throwers just for shock and awe.

Alith Anar + 19 Shadow Walkers

Full stack of nothing but mortars, VC, Empire or Dwarves.

Varied hero stack with Morathi as the LL.
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 950
    Grom the Paunch + 19 Snotling Pump Wagons.

They conquered the world for me during my first playthrough of Grim and Paunch!

They're even not too useless against large units and was definitely my favorite chariot stack.

Generally I LOVE chariot stacks.

Helman Ghorst + 19 Black Coaches.

Alistair the White Lion + 19 White Lion Chariots.

Malus/Rakarth + 19 Scourgerunner Chariots.

Archaon + Gorebeast Chariots.

And many more chariot stacks, it is definitely my favorite type of doomstack in the game, even if SEM can be quite a problem (I rue the day when my 19 Black Coaches fought against Dark Elves with 4 Kharbrydiss and 4 Hydras).

When it works, chariots delete enemy armies in seconds.

I suggest any TW Warhammer player to try massed chariots.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,947
    The only recent doomstack I remember making is Deepwood Scouts with Swiftshiver Shafts.
    Machine gun elves go brrrr!

I'm not opposed to a doomstack but I do enjoy balanced armies more. I only get a doomstack when I really need one or if I just wanna have some fun in the late game.

My definition of a doomstack might be a bit different to others though. I don't really consider Alith Anar with a full stack of Shadow Walkers, or Oxyotl with Chameleon Skinks, a doomstack. It's just what you're supposed to do. Go where the game takes you.
    But going full dino with LZM is definitely a doomstack.
    Ugh, I have spoken.