Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Slaanesh trailer the worst of the bunch.

mnhorstmnhorst Registered Users Posts: 13
This seemed like the worst trailer by far no real theme just some army model basic movements and a generic speech with no real pizzaz i love the lore behind slaanesh but this had 0 hype on it. Also why elf looking cultist all around?

Comments

• AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,209
    here comes the hate gang
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 334
    It's the second worst after Cathay.

But that's also because we already knew all the units, so there are no effects of surprise.

I'm looking forward to see the Campaign Mechanics though.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,732
    By far? No. It was pretty much identical to all the other world trailers.

By far? No. It was pretty much identical to all the other world trailers.

Some of them are more spectacular than other imho.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,870

here comes the hate gang

Chill. People are allowed to not like something.

I’ll have to give the trailer another watch when I’m not pressed for time, because my first watch, the trailer didn’t really do anything for me in terms of excitement.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,787
    ETW Cathay is worse

here comes the hate gang

It's not hate, I didn't find this trailer to be that impressive in comparison with others.

Doesn't mean that I hate the faction or the game.
  • DemonRazielDemonRaziel Registered Users Posts: 174
    I think that's because is comes after Nurgle's stuff, which, imo, was by far the best.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,442
    lol gtfoh. It's tied for second best chaos trailer with Tzeentch just behind Nurgle. And the Cathay trailer was great. CA hasn't made a bad faction intro trailer yet; even the Kislev into was awesome thanks to Katarins awesome speech and superb voice acting despite the uninspired design on a third of their unit roster
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,031
    edited December 2021
    For me It's good but not great(nothing special), thou I do love how the daemonette look !
    So far I think Nurgle is the best after that maybe Khorne,
    I like the feel(and music) of Tzeentch trailer but damn those reused models ruin it(for me).
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 666
    Ehhh still better then the Cathay one

• Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 666

I think that's because is comes after Nurgle's stuff, which, imo, was by far the best.

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,251
    cathay had a worse enter the world.

kislev and nurgle stood out

the rest was "eh".
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,182
    Nah Cathay is by far the worst with Zhao Mings cringe voice acting.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,846
    Cathay's was the worst.

I liked the Enter the World Of that showed new units we didnt know before.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,214
    ArneSo said:

Nah Cathay is by far the worst with Zhao Mings cringe great voice acting.

Fixed

• drclaw_twdrclaw_tw Registered Users Posts: 128
    Hard to top Nurgle and Tzeentch. The way the music swells with Kairos' eerie voice made it really good.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,803
    It was the best one simply for the sexy strutting Daemon at the very beginning.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Fixed
    To each their own I guess.
    drclaw_tw said:

Hard to top Nurgle and Tzeentch. The way the music swells with Kairos' eerie voice made it really good.

The Tzeentch trailer is okay but the recolours kinda killed it for me. Just like they killed Tzeentch in general for me.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,214
    ArneSo said:

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Fixed
    I just don't get what's cringe about his accent. It's a stereotypical accent in a setting filled with stereotypes so it's just very fitting to me.

• zuendl86zuendl86 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 511
    And for me the trailers are getting better and better :p
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,311
    What part of the trailer is disappointing you TC?
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 3,637
    Cathay was the worst BY FAR.

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

Fixed
    I just don't get what's cringe about his accent. It's a stereotypical accent in a setting filled with stereotypes so it's just very fitting to me.
    It’s also what he says. His speech simply wasn’t epic at all.
  • Red_MenousseRed_Menousse Registered Users Posts: 69
    All of the other 'enter the world of X' were pretty boring except maybe tzeentch?

All forgettable and should've been released much sooner if they wanted people to care.
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,786
    edited December 2021

What part of the trailer is disappointing you TC?

Not TC

But for me there's just very little happening

The highlights were seeing the cultist's sync kill, and showcasing the different varieties big Daemonettes, and N'Kari flowing attack. Why didn't we see any close ups of, say, other chariots or the marauders? The trailer didn't show off much of the other KoS in action like they did with Nurgle

Part of the issue is just that GW never added a lot of Slaanesh daemons till AoS, which is all the more reason to incorporate AoS daemons since most canonically fit into FB anyways.
  • SillybillySillybilly Registered Users Posts: 197
    edited December 2021
    Like someone else already said: We’d already seen all of the Slaanesh units. I don’t think there was a single reveal during the actual Slaanesh trailer. So it wasn’t terribly exciting in that regard.
  • WelshMeatballWelshMeatball Registered Users Posts: 181
    Cathay one is the worst and nurgle is the best trailer shown.

Btw I watched this one 5 times in a row, good stuff. its on the same lvl as the Khorne trailer.
  • kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 762
    I for one really liked it. If you're looking purely for unit reveals then yeah it's not great, but as an actual trailer on its own merits it's pretty awesome.

For me the Enter the world ofs are Tzeentch > Nurgle > Slaanesh > Kislev > Ogre Kingdoms > Khorne > Cathay. Only one that was outright "disappointing" was Cathay's - only good bit was the Ying Yang dragons at the end.