Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Overall, how satisfied are you with the Monogod rosters?

Clsmith88Clsmith88 Registered Users Posts: 220

Overall, how satisfied are you with the Monogod rosters? 288 votes

Extremely Satisfied
6%
philosofoolSusaVileravezaarBlaeysjuanitotcabans33TheRatFromHellGettoGeckoEquixSebor02PTreeNemoTheElf101united84MarkerBrynjarKLozIamNotArobotlegacy1200 18 votes
Satisfied
35%
davedave1124FredenDarmockjustyhawkWarlockewunderb0rLaindeshSerkeletTheChocolateJesustalonncaribu91Pappa_FraRmackenzieWing ZerojoaamikeIrongutSegersgiaMarkal159obippomewade44 103 votes
Somewhat Satisfied
32%
GharganPr4vdaneverendingNarveidIchonBayesAxiosXiphosRedceleritycapybarasiesta89HondlisTemudhunTeutonicusKrunchMalruirSekomoijouladymissfitsteam_1644328850953DJO7iMPedeDragantisIce_cream 95 votes
Neither Satisfied nor Dissatisfied
9%
FrostPawGradenAsamuDarioxDainRikisArielgates1ebdkufareeWyvaxkevManiacRolf1989XxXScorpionXxXmightygloinDardis81KillertutERICdbsangry_rat_loveruzualDragonbroodlings 26 votes
Somewhat Dissatisfied
6%
ValkaarCommissar_Gsteam_1630793943266yAfwIRSlipknotMaggotdodge33cymruArbitraryDwarfMkeefe78HisShadowBGSerPusDeathboundRooivalkSparkwarrior777Wood_SpriteFan3982173917524862MalalTheRenegadeswampselkieSillybillyCryptic_FreezeHL230P45lekwolf 20 votes
Dissatisfied
6%
jamreal18apostolispMaedrethnirItharusMr_Finley7TennisgolfbollStoreslemmisunderstoodvampireMogwai_ManRikRiorikEnforestPLHenryPocmanConstantineZAynyolordmcswagGreenColoureddemonisbestnyobienjdidjdj 19 votes
Extremely Dissatisfied
2%
MasterSayo01Ghost327Thanos_ballFingolfin_the-GoldenTeegan2004Drako110Alyssa 7 votes

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,303
    Somewhat Satisfied
    It's not bad but they're all going to lack diversity until we get the lord packs. I'm a bit worried the Monogods will be tedious to play in battle because of that.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,924
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Its a hard one to really give a general answer to I think. On the plus side the daemon side is extremely good (and in the case of Nurgle we even got the toads at launch). The rosters are all fairly small though and the mortal side of each is of wildly varying quality and even the best on this mark has notable fairly easy to implement absenses (eg knights for khorne).

I would say overall I am satisfied as the daemons are great, and given the number of cores the smaller rosters was an innevitability for chaos perhaps.
  • HL230P45HL230P45 Registered Users Posts: 376
    Somewhat Dissatisfied
    I like the fact that Slaneshi army is three wheat harvesters, then LL, lord and monster is basicly the same creature and so are infantry and two heroes.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,542
    edited December 2021
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Khorne, Nurgle and Slaanesh have small but great launch rosters with big DLC potential.

Tzeentch is just terrible and cheap.
    Post edited by ArneSo on
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,907
    Going to withhold judgement until I get my hands on them. Somethings disappoint me like how Tzeentch has generic Chaos Knight models while Khorne and Slaanesh have unique models for mortal units.

And then there are things I didn't expect like Nerglings which surprised me in a good way.

Right now each Monogod seems perfectly set up to have 3 great Lord Packs.

Warrior themed one with Chaos Lords and Daemon Princes
    Beastmen themed one with Marked Gors and Marked Bulls
    and a third of miscellaneous leftover items like DE for Slaanesh, Brimstone Horrors for Tzeentch, etc.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,185
    Somewhat Satisfied
    It's what I expected they would look like at launch. We'll see how they will change after a few DLC.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 775
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Khorne and nurgle look good less impresed with slannesh. Tzeentch looks like the least intresting roster
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,222
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Khorne looks to be in a good place already. Slaanesh and Nurgle both look functional (but need Lord packs really)...

Tzeentch... even after a lord pack it will still be the smallest roster in the game and one flooded with recolours. CA just really didn't even bother. A huge stain on an otherwise fairly good lineup.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,040
    It's hard to say, the daemonic units in all rosters are amazing, but the almost nonexistent mortal side is pretty meh, in Tzeench roster more than in the others.
    We Live in a Society.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,356
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Rosters are too slim, no question about that

And honestly i´m not a fan of all the variants/ models reused across the board

I do find the few unique demon models really well made though

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186
    edited December 2021
    I am giving it 3.6 roentgen out of 5.

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,045
    edited December 2021
    Dissatisfied

My opinion.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,594
    Dissatisfied
    Fossoway said:

It's what I expected they would look like at launch. We'll see how they will change after a few DLC.

Seriously? You didn't expect something like unique spawns, warriors for every god, etc.? Are you seriusly telling me that when monos where announced you thought "1/4 of the DOC armybook for each of them is what i see CAgiving us"?
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    edited December 2021
    Somewhat Satisfied
    I feel that Khorne and Slaanesh unique mortal units make their rosters superior to the rest of monos. So overall i would lie if i say did not expect more.

And of course recolors... some don't mind them, some do but for sure it makes noone happy.

Edit:typos
    Post edited by Hondlis on
  • RoyalXJRoyalXJ Registered Users Posts: 85
    Somewhat Satisfied
    I'm very happy with Slaanesh, Khorne, and Nurgle - Tzeentch really does stick out as a disappointing weak link, though. I feel that the Nurgle roster is an example of a slender roster done right, so it's difficult to understand how Tzeentch went wrong. It's overreliance on recolours is a real killer, I think - I'm of the opinion that Tzeentch would be collectively viewed as on par with Nurgle if it had had unique Doom Knight/Chaos Knight models and a unique model for Forsaken and/or Spawn. The re-use of the Lord of Change is of course completely fine and I've had expected nothing less, but it doesn't help their case when stacked up with all of Tzeentch's other re-used assets.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 775
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Tzeentch was actually pretty bad. I've tried to avoid being negative but they are a weird hybrid ranged army and I'm not keen on doom knights.
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Registered Users Posts: 261
    Somewhat Satisfied
    The reusage/recoloration of existing models feels lazy and the rosters are too thin. But the new models and animations look great!
  • KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 234
    Somewhat Satisfied
    KHORNE roster was a good starting place,
    nurgle daemon side was vary good,
    slaanesh is in a OK place,(I really wanted centigors)
    tzeentch........CA really needs to fix the knights and chosen (Doom Knights) of tzeentch asp.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,484
    Satisfied
    Looks good, only tzeentch really disappointed me. Wish the rosters where padded a bit with totally new units.

This is coming from a guy who has very shallow knowledge about tabletop warhammer or warhammer lore though (aka TW background, not WH background).
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,080
    Dissatisfied
    Too many corners were cut.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,972
    Dissatisfied
    Khorne is the only one with a true monogod roster comprised of daemon, mortal and beast units
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,136
    Somewhat Satisfied
    It's not what I had in mind before we knew Khorne's roster. I think the daemons look fantastic (a shame Nurgle ones don't have their guts, but their overall appearance is nice) as well as Khorne's and Slaanesh's mortals, but I was hoping for a better balance of mortal and daemon, and Tzeentch knights' lack of unique armour was a disappointment. The forsaken not looking unique I can somewhat accept because I kinda like the look of the reskin for Tzeentch, not so much for Nurgle. Spawns not looking unique was a shame, though in some cases the existing models worked better than in others.

Overall though it's enough for me to enjoy the army. The cultists look cool (except maybe Nurgle's, he could use a tattered cloak or some other thing to look more interesting), I was initially against the soulgrinder for all gods but it's grown on me and I appreaciate that they have fairly different looks and weapons.

What worries me is CA's plans for the DLC. We know they're getting content, and one would think they'd need to draw from mortal units to make those lord packs (because their rosters are definitely small- Tzeentch's more so) but the possibility that we might not get god-themed chaos lords, or mortal units (from End Times, prior editions, lore, etc.) like putrid blightkings and tzaangors worries me.
    Dissatisfied
    Yrellian said:

I am giving it 3.6 roentgen out of 5.

LOL
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,284
    edited December 2021
    Dissatisfied
    Years in the making. The grand finale. Nothing grand about it. Atleast monos arent as as bad kislev frost and mulan cathay.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    Dissatisfied

Years in the making. The grand finale. Nothing grand about it. Atleast monos arent as as bad kislev frost and mulan cathay.

Mulan Cathay? Lol dude what were you expecting
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,606
    Somewhat Satisfied
    Good enough for launch. But I'm definitely going to need a mortal focused DLC pack for each of them before I'm truly satisfied.

Khorne needs Exalted Champions(Skullreapers), Marauders and Khorngors.
    Tzeentch needs Exalted Champions, Marauders and Tzaangors/bulls.
    Slaanesh needs Exalted Champions, Warriors/Knights and Slanngors/bulls.
    Nurgle needs...Exalted Champions(Blightkings), Warriors/Knights, Marauders and Pestigors/bulls.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,284
    Dissatisfied

Warhammer.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    Dissatisfied

Warhammer.

Warhammer.
    K
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    Dissatisfied
    So Khorne got Chaos Warriors, Tzeentch Knights, and Slaanesh marauders. But Nurgle didn’t get chosen? I’m sure the armies will perform fine on the Campaign map but I’m not going to play them until their rosters are fixed and mortals and daemon princes are added.
This discussion has been closed.