Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Concept art connected with the Silence & the Fury

ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186
Was scouring the Internet and found all the concept art connected with the last DLC. What I found interesting is that Rakarth was envisioned with a sword, which his miniature also had. Also, the coatl concept art is there, which was the creature that sparked the most controversy.

Doombull

Jabberslythe

Taurox

Wargor

Ghorgon

Tuskgor

Skink High Oracle

Troglodon

Coatl

Thorek

Rakarth

Also interesting is the fact that the Oracle was called the High Oracle which might mean that there was an intention to have Oracles as a unit and High Oracle as a lord.

Some additional art connect with the DLC

The final rose has faded,
The eaves will sing no more;
The waxen ground will keep you bound,
Death-pale until the thaw.
Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!

Comments

• BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,167
    Good find, I hadn't seen a lot of these before. I especially love the artwork of Thorek and Kraggi. A shame they don't add some of these in game as loading screens once they're done.
  • ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186

Good find, I hadn't seen a lot of these before. I especially love the artwork of Thorek and Kraggi. A shame they don't add some of these in game as loading screens once they're done.

Yeah, I love that one too. Beautiful piece of art.

Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,474
    I wish they'd release their artworks more often, especially the ones for the events.

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,598
    Neodeinos said:

I wish they'd release their artworks more often, especially the ones for the events.

They are probably all in the artbook they are going to release.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,050
    So all of the models from Fury and the Silence were made by a single person.
    jamreal18 said:

So all of the models from Fury and the Silence were made by a single person.

Yes because it's the same guy that's doing the concept art and all the models /s

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,794
    Where did you find the coatle one,?

Seen the Taurox concept art on the wiki and realized that the Art for the DLC must have become available. Found everything on the Artstation. Just type Artstation + coatl + warhammer on Google and you will find it. Interesting thing is, that Rakarth who was released 3 months before the DLC is bundled together with the rest of the art under the lable the Silence& the Fury.

• meixmeix Registered Users Posts: 11
    I have a theory, the first dlc should have been a dlc opposing Taurox to Rakart and later another dlc opposing Thorek to Oxyolt.
    If these true I wonder what would have been the flc.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,852
    meix said:

I have a theory, the first dlc should have been a dlc opposing Taurox to Rakart and later another dlc opposing Thorek to Oxyolt.

Honestly I would have preferred Taurox vs Rarkath. Its more fitting than Taurox vs Oxyotl and it could have kept Oxyotl for a LP against a demon faction.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
    sykall said:

meix said:

Honestly I would have preferred Taurox vs Rarkath. Its more fitting than Taurox vs Oxyotl and it could have kept Oxyotl for a LP against a demon faction.
    Oxyotl starting in the Realm of Chaos would've been dope honestly.

Seen the Taurox concept art on the wiki, so I realized that the art must be available for the DLC somewhere and found everything on the Artstation as usual.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KrlL4W

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,073
    Who the **** approved that Coatl design. It looks almost as bad as an illustration as it does an animated model
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,631
    Thank you for sharing those!

Nice to see Rakarth without a helmet. I really love his model, CA did a fantastic job.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • SnoozySnoozy Registered Users Posts: 79
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,310
    I have seen this before, but my disgust for the Coatl's design burns as strong as the first time my eyes met its beak. It should have not left the concept art phase.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,073

I have seen this before, but my disgust for the Coatl's design burns as strong as the first time my eyes met its beak. It should have not left the concept art phase.

The problem is they took a kitbashed model from an article designed mainly to give players something to do with their mismatched bits and said “yes exactly this”

Holy **** is it one of the dumbest things I’ve seen in all of Warhammer. Easily the worst model in the game with no competitors whatsoever
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,372

The problem is they took a kitbashed model from an article designed mainly to give players something to do with their mismatched bits and said “yes exactly this”

Holy **** is it one of the dumbest things I’ve seen in all of Warhammer. Easily the worst model in the game with no competitors whatsoever
    Honestly get the mod, just makes it so much better. At the bare minimum, it hides the draconic-chicken face that looks so misplaced in the LM roster and for a Coatl. It was my most hyped unit and i was so disappointed with CA's interpretation. Which is weird as they've pretty much nailed the visuals of almost everything in the game.

Here's some screenshots i took:

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,253

They have a habit of looking at a kitbash and saying "Yes exactly this". Like the Ogre's giants looking identical to a kitbash that I believe was for a Nurgle giant.

Sometimes it works out like Ghoritch, but other times it is... Coatl level...
  • more-morewarpstonemore-morewarpstone Registered Users Posts: 313
    I am happy that Taurox does not look like yellow Gatorade.

(Just messing around)