Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warp grinders

BloodyStreamBloodyStream Registered Users Posts: 88
Why have they completely fallen out of favor? I can't remember the last time I saw a competitive game (or even a non competitive one) use them. They used to be fairly common but now I think everyone just uses rat ogres for trapping units.

Maybe they need a price decrease? I stopped playing mostly because I'm too busy, does anyone see them in quick battles?
Tagged:

Comments

• ReymReym Registered Users Posts: 737

Why have they completely fallen out of favor? I can't remember the last time I saw a competitive game (or even a non competitive one) use them. They used to be fairly common but now I think everyone just uses rat ogres for trapping units.

Maybe they need a price decrease? I stopped playing mostly because I'm too busy, does anyone see them in quick battles?

It's still a good unit imo probably a bit MU or rather "set up" specific while rat ogre are more mobile and their "ability" to "net" stuff while arguably less effective than an actual net is available at any time so they are more flexible too.

I'm not a skaven main but if I had to pick at least one MU for the warpgrinder it would be bretonnia as their cav can hurt rat ogres very hard if you are too careless about the charge, the grinder is much easier to use in that regard (also you can secure a neasty combo with the dreaded 13th spell)
    But is talking about what is appropriate to talk about in this thread appropriate to be talked about in this thread ?

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625
    edited January 7
    Reym said:

It's still a good unit imo probably a bit MU or rather "set up" specific while rat ogre are more mobile and their "ability" to "net" stuff while arguably less effective than an actual net is available at any time so they are more flexible too.

I'm not a skaven main but if I had to pick at least one MU for the warpgrinder it would be bretonnia as their cav can hurt rat ogres very hard if you are too careless about the charge, the grinder is much easier to use in that regard (also you can secure a neasty combo with the dreaded 13th spell)
    my pick would be counts and woc they i think have a AoE damage ability couple that up with mortis plague presist, and have warlock master with warp shard armour the two mortis effects might stack since they have different effects and make death ball with two warp grinders , two helpits and bunch of other units

and you might have good toxic build.

i don't play skaven but this looks good for me in paper

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc