Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hopes for Game 3s combined map

MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,516
Im not the biggest fan of the game 3 map for a few reasons. Only half of cathay, squished eastern steppes, squished darklands, arguably too much focus on the west etc.

Im sure it'll be fun but I'm really hoping that they use the combined map to deliver a more accurate portrayal of the Warhammer map. What we currently have looks like this:

And Id like CA to work off this map, not try to make the game 1 and 2 regions work attached to the game 3 map. The end map would hopefully look like game 2's combined map, but a filled in darklands, with the map extended east all the way to nippon and including the southern nations of ind and khiresh, even if they just put dark elves and lizardmen there respectively. The chaos devoted regions of game 3s map should be spread across the entire roof of the world, with the 4 realms of the gods inaccessible at the top of the map:

I still think a map like this is possible, and i think its what the community wants

Comments

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,987
    I very badly want something like this but I'm also very skeptical about it. Seems unlikely we'll get all of the Far East even with map expansions. At least we can agree that current Game 3 map sucks!!! I will never forgive the shrunk down Darklands and Eastern Steppes!! It is a great evil and it sickens me!!!!
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,516
    Jote191 said:

I very badly want something like this but I'm also very skeptical about it. Seems unlikely we'll get all of the Far East even with map expansions. At least we can agree that current Game 3 map sucks!!! I will never forgive the shrunk down Darklands and Eastern Steppes!! It is a great evil and it sickens me!!!!

I still think they'll have to expand cathay eventually to include the correct amount of lords. I want all the dragon children by the end, and the monkey king should start at the mountains of heaven which is currently off the map. I think they just like starting the map looking square
    Maidros98 said:

I want a globe. Dark Elves should be able to raid Cathay and Cathay should be able to invade Lustria.

I think a globe is unlikely, but being able to "teleport" armies at a positon on either end of the map to simulate a globe would work for me.
  • ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186
    When you see Zlatlan missing from the map...

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,021
    Based on how close together everything is in mortal empire, I would say

Get ready for the smush.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 31,527
    Full continents or riot!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    Mattock said:

Jote191 said:

I still think they'll have to expand cathay eventually to include the correct amount of lords. I want all the dragon children by the end, and the monkey king should start at the mountains of heaven which is currently off the map. I think they just like starting the map looking square
    Yeah I think so too. I definitely think map expansions will happen at some point. The current game 3 map is just way too limited. I'm thinking CA will slowly reveal more Cathay with dlc. Mountains of Heaven isn't even on the map!!! That seems like a big sign to me.

I also think more of the Old World will be added with lord packs. We really only have the northern bits on the map right now.

Oh and due to it's geography, Ind could theoretically get added. It's position makes it hard to cut out on a combined map. South of Cathay and very close to Southern coast of the Darklands and some ocean away from the Southlands. Malus Darkblade is technically right next to Ind.

However I am so utterly baffled and disappointed with the implementation of the Eastern Steppes I will continue to be extremely skeptical about any new Far East races getting added. If we get a few hints in the Old World update then I'm on board. Until then I'm still recovering from a massive mountain of disappointment....... *sad awoo noises*
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    Lol, nope.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,040
    Mattock said:

Im not the biggest fan of the game 3 map for a few reasons. Only half of cathay, squished eastern steppes, squished darklands, arguably too much focus on the west etc.

Im sure it'll be fun but I'm really hoping that they use the combined map to deliver a more accurate portrayal of the Warhammer map. What we currently have looks like this:

And Id like CA to work off this map, not try to make the game 1 and 2 regions work attached to the game 3 map. The end map would hopefully look like game 2's combined map, but a filled in darklands, with the map extended east all the way to nippon and including the southern nations of ind and khiresh, even if they just put dark elves and lizardmen there respectively. The chaos devoted regions of game 3s map should be spread across the entire roof of the world, with the 4 realms of the gods inaccessible at the top of the map:

I still think a map like this is possible, and i think its what the community wants

No cut continents again
    We Live in a Society.

• StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,984
    I suspect that ultimately we will all be disappointed somehow.
  • DrawVidsDrawVids Registered Users Posts: 88
    Mattock said:

Maidros98 said:

I want a globe. Dark Elves should be able to raid Cathay and Cathay should be able to invade Lustria.

I think a globe is unlikely, but being able to "teleport" armies at a positon on either end of the map to simulate a globe would work for me.
    Should work like the Civilization series.
    Unless there is some weird engine reason why.
    Mattock said:

Jote191 said:

They can already do them outside of Cathay itself, like they've done with other races. It's funny how this justification completely ignores literally everything else they've done with every other race. You don't need those extra places for LLs.
    Crossil said:

Mattock said:

Jote191 said:

They can already do them outside of Cathay itself, like they've done with other races. It's funny how this justification completely ignores literally everything else they've done with every other race. You don't need those extra places for LLs.
    Fair point, and I see the sea dragon for example elsewhere, but the fact that half of cathay is missing still seems likely to change for me, its just incredibly disappointing otherwise.
    Stephince said:

Only those who still hope for the rest of the Far East.

Mattock said:

Crossil said:

Mattock said:

Jote191 said:

Fair point, and I see the sea dragon for example elsewhere, but the fact that half of cathay is missing still seems likely to change for me, its just incredibly disappointing otherwise.
    I'm actually convinced the Fire Dragon will be moved as well, if the faction name is anything to go by. What was it, something, something, nomads?
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,916
    Mattock said:

Completly unrealistic.

ME map is not more detailed in terms of provinces than vortex.

Why would ME2 be more detailed than TWW3 map
  • busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307

Mattock said:

Completly unrealistic.

i dont think a map like this is likely but i think your logic is faulty. ME map is less detailed than vortex but was also made BEFORE vortex as its literally just a modified game 1 map. assuming that the game 3 combined map isnt me+ some more stuff tacked on and is an actual new map theres no reason provinces couldn't have more to them than in the story map for game 3. after all game 3's story is orders races on the fringes vs chaos so narratively you dont want to go too far south or else you lose the plot. in the combined map the narrative doesnt matter
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Crossil said:

I'm actually convinced the Fire Dragon will be moved as well, if the faction name is anything to go by. What was it, something, something, nomads?

Burning Wind Nomads.

The Broken Lands of Tian Li seems to be a two settlement province, with all that tastey mountain below it, so I could see it being expanded into a four settlement province at some point. (With another two sizable provinces alongside it.)

Of course, now that it seems like Zhao Ming does start in Hanyu Port and not Shang-Yang, that's a little too close to what might be Fu-Hung. So, yeah: if we get Li Dao (the "Master of the Burning Winds") he might not actually be at home.

edited January 13

Mattock said:

Completly unrealistic.

Its not a case of detail, its more that you cant add areas like lustria to the game 3 map, so they're going to make either a completely new map, or build on the game 2 mortal empires map. If its still in production, giving feedback like the community wanting the whole of cathay, larger eastern steppes and the inclusion of Ind, Khuresh and maybe Nippon, even if they're much smaller, isn't unrealistic. Im ok with waiting for these additions until the content there is worth it, like adding in the mountains of heaven with the monkey king, but I do want to see them at some point.
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 839
    My hopes are broked when i saw the copy pasted armies and the ugly full red ui
    kufaree said:

My hopes are broked when i saw the copy pasted armies and the ugly full red ui

I understand that, but at least those can be altered through modding. Theres nothing the community can do to change a bad map.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,602
    edited January 13
    Hell yes. Give me the full world map, and just fog out the areas they aren't ready to implement yet.
    Maidros98 said:

I'd be okay with a cylinder. East/west wraparound without north/south wraparound.

Because everyone complained about the lack of detail in the ME map. And the hope is that CA listened.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
    Crossil said:

Stephince said:

Couldn’t care less about the rest of the Far East. Just give me full Lustria, Naggaroth, Southlands and Cathay.
    edited January 13

Crossil said:

Burning Wind Nomads.

The Broken Lands of Tian Li seems to be a two settlement province, with all that tastey mountain below it, so I could see it being expanded into a four settlement province at some point. (With another two sizable provinces alongside it.)

Of course, now that it seems like Zhao Ming does start in Hanyu Port and not Shang-Yang, that's a little too close to what might be Fu-Hung. So, yeah: if we get Li Dao (the "Master of the Burning Winds") he might not actually be at home.

I'm not really convinced he's startin there. Or at least, the video we've seen isn't really an indication of it to me. It feels a bit too scripted in this aspect. For instance, at the end where you see Ogres in Warpstone Desert, you can also see that they abandoned those very same settlements in order to leave the place look like it's in ruins due to Ogres, when in reality they confederated them and abandoned the place.....

That being said, yeah it's looking like he might in fact start in Han'yu Port instead. I'm just not entirely certain.
    edited January 13
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Stephince said:

Couldn’t care less about the rest of the Far East. Just give me full Lustria, Naggaroth, Southlands and Cathay.
    Ok, there are two groups that will most likely be disappointed.
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Stephince said:

That's similar to my mentality too. Like it'd be cool to have the whole Warhammer world, but currently Ind, Nippon, Khuresh, aren't even on the map so why waste my time getting hyped for it ya know?? I'll wait until they actually hint something.

However the stuff we already have on the map is a completely different story!!! We know we're going to be playing on those areas and they deserve to be done justice. Full Cathay and Lustria is a must!!! And this is also why I hate what they did with the Eastern Steppes so much. Straight up some doodoo

Jote191 said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Stephince said:

That's similar to my mentality too. Like it'd be cool to have the whole Warhammer world, but currently Ind, Nippon, Khuresh, aren't even on the map so why waste my time getting hyped for it ya know?? I'll wait until they actually hint something.

However the stuff we already have on the map is a completely different story!!! We know we're going to be playing on those areas and they deserve to be done justice. Full Cathay and Lustria is a must!!! And this is also why I hate what they did with the Eastern Steppes so much. Straight up some doodoo

This. I would’ve loved Ind, Khuresh and Nippon to be on the map, but I accepted that it most likely will never happen.

So let’s focus on the existing races and their lands. Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Cathay… all of them deserve their core territory.

They are all core races and their homelands shouod be on the map.

Lizardmen without the possibility to restore the great Temple Cities in the Southlands aren’t Lizardmen.

Cathay is an isolationistic Empire entirely focused on defending its territory instead of conquering new lands. So all it’s territory should be on the map.

We don’t ask for much, just do the existing races some justice.

I mean Cathay only needs like 3-4 more provinces to be complete… would that be so hard to add?

And they would just have to copy paste the vortex map to represent the New World.
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 265
    I hope for a completely reworked map too. Ulthuan is currently on ME way to much North. It would actually needed more close to Khemris starting point then just beside Bretonnia.
    Then Bretonnia and Athel Loren need to be thrice as big as right now. Bretonnia has many different duchys and right now it is like if half of the empire provinces would be minor settlements in other provinces.
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 571
    Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Stephince said:

Ok, there are two groups that will most likely be disappointed.
    True, the only group that will not be disappointed are those who expect only the worst. Which is quite a shame.