Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Stainless Steel 6.4 Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit during Battle

ft9a09etft9a09et Registered Users Posts: 2
Hey, I am playing a Scotland campaign. when I get attacked during the turn phase, I start the battle set up my units, then deploy, then I encounter MTW2 Encountered an unspecified error and will now exit during Battle.

I am Running SS 6.4 with 1.27 fix + NHA sub mod.

I have had this problem during other campaigns but, I just try again and it works the second time around. I have tried 4 times with this battle. Same result each time. My log is below.

I hope someone has a solution, Thanks.

​19:28:19.926 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE219:28:19.926 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
19:28:19.929 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
19:28:19.929 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
19:28:19.930 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
19:28:19.931 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
19:28:19.931 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
19:28:19.931 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
19:31:51.036 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
19:34:21.919 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie

19:49:57.926 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
Tagged:

Comments

• ft9a09etft9a09et Registered Users Posts: 2
    Figured it out. Right click the ss/mod Launcher, properties, then compatibility, Click check box, switch to compatibility Windows XP. service pack 3. Apply, then relaunch, load save. Worked on same battle. Hopes this helps someone else.
  • oceanoflotion69oceanoflotion69 Registered Users Posts: 1
    ft9a09et said:

Figured it out. Right click the ss/mod Launcher, properties, then compatibility, Click check box, switch to compatibility Windows XP. service pack 3. Apply, then relaunch, load save. Worked on same battle. Hopes this helps someone else.

If you run into the same thing do not do this, it completely froze my pc and I had to power it off just to get out of medieval 2
  • FritzvomWaldFritzvomWald Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 137
    1. The error has to do with a battle ground configuration\layout ('see Charlie' is the give away for it), nothing else. The battle most likely didn't take place after his reloading the save.
    2. Always apply compatibility to the game's executable, never to the launcher or the BAT file.
    author.png