It was about six months, I decided to stop playing to TWWH2, waiting the release of TWW3.
But recently, I played again to the first TWW. Since the second opus, I’ve never touched this game. My main goal was to see how the series has progressed since 2016 and do some Steam achievements in the process. I thought I will be shocked by the improvements and the new features that are presents in the second game …
But NOT AT ALL!
What TWW1 do better than TWW2
- Dark atmosphere
- True Chaos Invasion, feeling a narrative progression and real threat
- Regional Occupation, making the game more loreful and prevent snowballing. Minors factions can more resist to invaders.
- Less powerful Magic, so less cheesy and more strategic
- Less powerful red tree skills for Lords, making the game less cheesy too
What TWW2 has fixed that lacked in TWW1
- Spell direction, the first thing I noticed and was really lacking!
- Races reworked - E.g. Wood Elves were uninteresting in TWW1 / Grudges for Dwarves were boring, etc.
- Less Quest missions - Really boring to do for unlocking legendary items. Now Legendary Lords have max. one or two.
And that's all … So not so much than I expected.
Often, I had more pleasure playing some Races, like Norsca or Vampire Counts, in the first game than in game two.
Did I miss some features? What is your personal opinion? Can you go back to TWW1?
Thanks for reading and please forgive my poor English.