Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

9 Playable Core Lords on launch?

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,415
edited January 18 in General Discussion

If we're getting Mono-gods, Cathay and Kislev as core on release, that'd be 1 LL per god and 2 for Kislev and Cathay...with 1 left over.

Who could that 1 be?

The one who is very ancient and in need of a champion to gain absolute power?

I wonder...

I've always thought he'll be the Attila of Warhammer 3.

Edit: everyone brought Be'lakor to my attention as the most likely candidate which I agree with. That explains the 'champion' part of the quote far better. I just didn't consider it because I figured 5 core Chaos factions would be overkill. I do think we'll see Nagash sometime soon though, it's inevitable. His importance and role as an Attila-like figure may not happen like we'd imagine since CA said they aren't doing End Times with WH3.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,152
    edited February 2021
    The 9th has to be Nagash

Oh or its Be'lakor. Derp should have thought of that
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 343
    It's definitely Belakor.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    edited February 2021
    Be'lakor makes more sense as the undivided option. It's hard to imagine undead on top of everything else, so I would imagine that the last race after Monogods is Undivided Daemons under him, as it would share with other monogods races in Daemonic units.

As for the mysterious figure, if we really go undead then Drachenfels, the Great Enchanter and Daemonologist makes far more sense than Nagash. The guy at the end of the trailer could be Drachenfels himself, even.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,118
    edited February 2021
    It's Be'lakor. The question is that if there are monogods then why only one LL per race?
  • Kr4katitKr4katit Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10
  • arjan_heartofironarjan_heartofiron Registered Users Posts: 62
    Nagash should be included as a DLC for WH3, but I don't see 'The one who is very ancient and in need of a champion to gain absolute power?' referring to him.

What about Be'lakor (being fed up with the 4 gods) being the champion for Malice, the 5th Chaos god? I believe he was a thing in WH fantasy as well?
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,415
    Yeah you may all be right actually, I didn't consider the Undivided champion. I thought more Chaos might be a bit much aha.

Be'lakor or some form of undivided seems like a really good bet.

What about Be'lakor (being fed up with the 4 gods) being the champion for Malice, the 5th Chaos god? I believe he was a thing in WH fantasy as well?

The figure is Be'lakor and the champion is Archaon.
    You think you are the first to bear such dark honours? You are a nothing. Born of nothing. The hollow fruit of an empty womb. All that you are I put in there. But think not that I afford you any affection for that. My half-breeds roam the world. Thousands more serve me not in flesh but in deed. They carry my mark. They live for my favour. They know their place. They do not carp and question. They serve the darkness of this world through the darkness they find in themselves. They serve their father-in-shadow - the darkness that is Be’lakor...

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    edited February 2021
    The safest bets for the Daemons are Ku'gath, Skarbrand, Kairos, N'Kari, and Be'lakor.

Kislev is obvious Katarin and someone else, but who exactly? I would guess a non-caster melee lord, somebody who strongly contrasts against Katarin. Boris would be an obvious choice, but it sounds like Boris is dead. Other more martial options include, Ivan, Saltan, Nyvena, Stepan, or Ilja. I'd say currently I'm leaning toward Ilja of Murova.

Cathay is anybody's guess. The Dragon Emperor as the faction leader seems plausible, but GW is creating all new lore and characters for them this time, which means there's no predicting exactly what we'll get here.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,954
    SerPus said:

The figure is Be'lakor and the champion is Archaon.
    You think you are the first to bear such dark honours? You are a nothing. Born of nothing. The hollow fruit of an empty womb. All that you are I put in there. But think not that I afford you any affection for that. My half-breeds roam the world. Thousands more serve me not in flesh but in deed. They carry my mark. They live for my favour. They know their place. They do not carp and question. They serve the darkness of this world through the darkness they find in themselves. They serve their father-in-shadow - the darkness that is Be’lakor...

We'd be sold Archaeon twice?

edited February 2021
    Amonkhet said:

We'd be sold Archaeon twice?

No, that's why it's 9 LLs and not 10. Unless it's "the champion" is actually the new playable lord and not "the figure".
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,664
    Agreed with Bel'Akor as the most logical 9th LL (also the "ancient figure needing a champion").

2 * Kislev
    2 * Cathay
    1 * Nurgle
    1 * Tzeentch
    1 * Slaanesh
    1 * Khorne
    1 * Bel'Akor (DoC Undivided)

And you get yourself your 9 LLs.
  • KotodweKotodwe Registered Users Posts: 1
    Whoooa guys. I think you people aren’t reading the quote well. Or are just looking into it too much. The quote said would something about a dying god needing a champion. Belakor isn’t a champion of any dying god so can’t be him.

I think it would be a new lord we the player would have to create fir a dying god.
    That makes more sense to me
    Wdyt?
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373
    Kotodwe said:

Whoooa guys. I think you people aren’t reading the quote well. Or are just looking into it too much. The quote said would something about a dying god needing a champion. Belakor isn’t a champion of any dying god so can’t be him.

I think it would be a new lord we the player would have to create fir a dying god.
    That makes more sense to me
    Wdyt?

That you're a necromancer...
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,404
    Kotodwe raised Necrothread Collosus.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    how do you even find those old threads Oo
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,040

We Live in a Society.

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,456
    well who is the 9th LL aged well