Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos Undivided - Meet the Daemon Prince.

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,456

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

Seems like a mind boggling waste of resources to have all the assets for 5 different Princes but only 1 available at any time.

Should we give Franz 5 different hats too?

well, isn't that how choice works in every game? I mean, there are always more classes in RPGs than there are playable characters.
    The point I'm clearly making is that the assets for Daemon Princes for all 4 Monogods are now sitting there unused.

So it's either:

Cut from the game for no reason.
    Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.
    They'll probably be re-used to make other Daemon Princes, FLC or DLC. But this is hardly surprising, assets are reused in the whole series.
    This isn't even a matter of "reused" assets. The assets are literally in the game now though. They've added them to the LL and then not the roster for no good reason.

I'm not knocking the idea of a customisable LL. It's cool. It just seems absurd the appropriate units were not also added.

Imagine a customisable Empire Captain that could look like a Reiksguard, a Knight of the Blazing sun, a Knight of Morr and a Demigryph and then arguing that those units "shouldn't" be in the game. They're already there. Just flick the damn switch.

Am I missing something here?
    Nope, so beg and plea to CA to give access to this lost technology to all the races.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,524
    Do the god aligned chaos faction settle in/conquer their respective chaos realm?
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,047

Dang it CA, i thought it was going to be Be'lakor .

You are more sneaky than the skaven.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,342
    saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

Seems like a mind boggling waste of resources to have all the assets for 5 different Princes but only 1 available at any time.

well, isn't that how choice works in every game? I mean, there are always more classes in RPGs than there are playable characters.
    The point I'm clearly making is that the assets for Daemon Princes for all 4 Monogods are now sitting there unused.

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.
    They'll probably be re-used to make other Daemon Princes, FLC or DLC. But this is hardly surprising, assets are reused in the whole series.
    This isn't even a matter of "reused" assets. The assets are literally in the game now though. They've added them to the LL and then not the roster for no good reason.

I'm not knocking the idea of a customisable LL. It's cool. It just seems absurd the appropriate units were not also added.

Imagine a customisable Empire Captain that could look like a Reiksguard, a Knight of the Blazing sun, a Knight of Morr and a Demigryph and then arguing that those units "shouldn't" be in the game. They're already there. Just flick the damn switch.

Nope, so beg and plea to CA to give access to this lost technology to all the races.
    You missed my point so badly we might as well be speaking different languages.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 868

At least 2. Dude needs to shut his visor sometimes and mean business

saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

You don't want customisable lords and heros?

• theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,222
    edited January 19

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.
    Huh?.... Has this series not provided tons of FLC along the way?

Are Bloodthirsters, KoS, GUO, and CoW not all in the game? The majority of "assets" on the Daemon Prince look to be pulled directly from them.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Where did I ever say that? Nowhere in any of my posts did I say or imply I didn't like customisation.

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.
    Am I just being gas lit now?

Literally all I was saying was that if the assets for Daemon Princes for all 4 Monogods, and Undivided are sitting there, why don't we get them as Lords or Units as per the armybooks.

How is this so **** hard to comprehend.

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

It seems to me like the majority of assets are from BT, KoS, CoW, and GUO. So I think your analogy is completely off-base. All those units are already in the game.

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

It seems to me like the majority of assets are from BT, KoS, CoW, and GUO. So I think your analogy is completely off-base. All those units are already in the game.
    So if it's acceptable to re-use assets to make a Daemon Prince LL why are you arguing in favour of their lack of inclusion in regular form?

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Where did I ever say that? Nowhere in any of my posts did I say or imply I didn't like customisation.

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Literally all I was saying was that if the assets for Daemon Princes for all 4 Monogods, and Undivided are sitting there, why don't we get them as Lords or Units as per the armybooks.

Lol you get them in MP just get a mod to unlock them in sp.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

"Lol you get them in MP" so just add them youselves CA.

Fixed your nonsensical statement.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Just think you're way off-base. We will probably get Daemon Princes.. maybe at launch, maybe as FLC down the line. They will probably be "slightly" less special looking than this guy. The only real unique and cool asset is the body itself. Almost all the accessories look like they're taken directly from the Greater Daemons of the associated faction.

You're jumping the gun, and making bad analogies IMO. So you're getting pushback. Make sense to you now?
    edited January 19

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Xenos7777 said:

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

Xenos7777 said:

So it's either:

Sold later with DLC.

Take your pick.

"Lol you get them in MP" so just add them youselves CA.

Fixed your nonsensical statement.
    Either case its there , not cut content for dlc. So obviously some where down the line zcA might give you acess or again add them your self using a mod.

Honestly i don't see the point of becoming angry at this.

• hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,976

Nothing wrong with franz wanting options and be fashionably versatile.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,508
    Awwwwww yisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 943
    Ok, best trailer so fair. Even better than the Tzeentch one. And that was epic.
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 610
  • demonisbestdemonisbest Registered Users Posts: 220
    TeNoSkill said:

So the ninth legendary Lord is.... the player ?

The Chaos was... inside of us all along?
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 331
    More custom LLs would be a dream come true. I care far more to make my own stories than playing existing ones. And the generics can never match the mains.
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,495
    I hope every race from w1 and w2 and w3 gets a FLC fully customizable LL like this

new Undead Legion:
    Nagash (unlockable for beating game with Undead Legion)
    The Nameless
    Dieter Helsnicht
    Neferata
    Dread King or Walach Harkon

And also give a quest possibility to other mortachs to access/join some Undead Legion recruiting privileges.

DLCs for VC BLOODLINES:
    /Necrachs:Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken /Strigoi:Ushoran, Vorag The Ghoul King, Gashnag The Black Prince, Rametep /Blood Dragon:Red Duke, Abhorash /Lahmia:zNitocris, Ulrika, Naaima

• lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 593
    Well Be'lakor is in the game, and you are supposed to be his champion, so if Be'lakor isn't an unlockable lord, he would certainly be an LL down the line... or legendary hero, whatever.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,444
    Just watching Legend going over some of the options here, and this so far is beyond what I could have hoped for.

Absolutely amazing.
    Glory matters not.

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,201
    way to tell me I'm not someone you want to cater to. why is there no demon princess?
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,141
    edited January 19
    Personally, big fan of the idea of 'build your own LL' but bit sad if it's only going to be limited to this single faction, which I'm not particularly interested in.

If it ends up just being here and I can't do this for other races, then I have to wonder why it was decided that this was an important thing to sink so much time into building.

It's mentioned here as something that didn't make it in "Avatar builder" but may do in future...

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,971
    Oh my god that guitar is so cringe
  • toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 574
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,444

way to tell me I'm not someone you want to cater to. why is there no demon princess?

Glory matters not.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,486
    I want a custom LL system for every faction.

I'd love to tailor my own Warboss.

Le sigh.

This reminds me of the customization thing from Shogun 2 MP. Which was fun.

Pity it's only Chaos.
    h
    Itharus said:

I want a custom LL system for every faction.

I'd love to tailor my own Warboss.

Le sigh.

This reminds me of the customization thing from Shogun 2 MP. Which was fun.

Pity it's only Chaos.

for now if we ask nice it can be for every one