Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rome 2: Rise of Caesar/DLC/Expansion Pack

Emperor DowleyEmperor Dowley Junior MemberPosts: 28Registered Users
edited November 2013 in Total War: ROME II
now yes there are hundreds of ideas towards Rome 2 total war. But i haven't read anything about Caesar. During the period of Julius Caesar alot happened from invasion of Gaul to Mark Anthony and Cleopatra.. There have been a few mods which involve Caesar, pompei etc, and there all great. But I want to see a Caesar campaign made by the total war franchise.

There could be so much potential from it, if its made historically accurate from when the campaign starts you could have alot to do, from politics with the senate, rebellion with Brutus, and pompei etc, to the barbarians in the north, and Egypt in the south. so much fun could be had with it. even to the death of Caesar it could still continue with Anthony in Egypt and octavian.

This is just a small idea which could be used if they create rome 2. which also is highly anticipated. We are i believe really want rome 2 to be the next game, they cant really go any further into our history, they should head back in time to rome or greece even egypt. so much more to do with the ancient times.

What do you guys think of Rome 2 with caesar campaign, or do you have your own ideas for expansion packs you would like to see in any game
Post edited by Emperor Dowley on

Comments

• Sparticus_rebornSparticus_reborn Member Posts: 77Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    Caesar would definitely be worth seeing. At the same time what would be truly epic is if somehow they could make a Constantinople total war. I'm not talking about a campaign limited to just one time frame, but one that stretches from the roman empire all the way up to the byzantine empire. I think it would be awesome to see a total war game that took a bit of a civ approach to the different ages.
    "These Barbarians lack the tactical refinement of our Legions" - Anonymous Roman General precluding an ambush.
  • RewjeoRewjeo Senior Member Posts: 101Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    I've thought about how great it would be to have a TW that covers a vast period of time, but I see a couple problems. Either one game would take absolutely forever or your generals/agents/leaders would be dieing like every four turns. Or you would finish the game well before you went through all the technology. Another problem is that the detail and diversity we have gotten with TW games would have to be sacrificed to have ~2,000 years of history in one game.
  • TheImperatorofRomeTheImperatorofRome Senior Member Posts: 556Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    i believe that a Caesar DLC or campaign would be EPIC!!! it would have to start after about 75BC or so and end at the rise of Octavian in 27BC or maybe even a bit later. so this period would cover the Gallic Wars, dictatorship of Pompey, Sulla, Caesar, but it could twist dramatically. say u send Brutus to Egypt and he gets killed, Caesar may never have been assassinated. this would make the game super interesting.
    who agrees?
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited February 2012
    I think they were going to have a Caesar Gaul Campaign in the original. But it was never done. It is in some game folder or something though..
  • KarelforniaKarelfornia Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    It would be a good idea for an expansion of Rome 2, but not for the main game, i think. I also had an idea for an expansion of Rome 2. I was thinking: what if you could play as the rebels and apart from taking over cities bij laying siege on them, you could also make them riot so they become rebels too. This could feature Spartacus. Causing riots would be a whole new way of playing the game, bringing new strategies, new agents perhaps. What do you think?
  • K-osdogK-osdog Senior Member Posts: 297Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    @Karelfornia Instead of new agents they would probably have that as a job for spies and its a great idea. I just want this game to be made :)
  • pieter95pieter95 Member Posts: 98Registered Users
    edited March 2012
    I think they will first make the rome 2 with the map stretching from scotland to the indus,
    And after that they will do an expansion similar to medieval 2 kingdoms, including the gallic wars, the punic wars and the civil wars. Atleast thats how I would do it.
    Fortune, which has a great deal of power in other matters but especially in war, can bring about great changes in a situation through very slight forces.
    Julius Caesar
  • tungri_centuriontungri_centurion Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    rome 2 shoud have shorter campaigns.not one large.firts rise of rome till you got italia,than republic era(scipio,marius,...) with punic, macedonian,greek &spanisch wars,than fall of republic to dictator era,gallic,asia minor,civilwar,egypt wars,pirate&spartacus rebelion (pompei,crassus,gracchus,ceaser,antonius,brutus,octavius...)than fall of the empire against east vs west,dacia,huns,saxons,sassanid,franks that invading the borders.(hadri****,constantijn,decius....).also more historic allays.port cities to sack not only harbors to block, not a bigger map but maybe more cities. if you build forts near roads after a time it will become village or so?? you like any of these id??
  • Sir HynafolSir Hynafol Junior Member Posts: 24Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I agree! It would be a massive hit and would sell by the thousands!
  • ChuckySwagg56ChuckySwagg56 Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited November 2013
    rome 2 shoud have shorter campaigns.not one large.firts rise of rome till you got italia,than republic era(scipio,marius,...) with punic, macedonian,greek &spanisch wars,than fall of republic to dictator era,gallic,asia minor,civilwar,egypt wars,pirate&spartacus rebelion (pompei,crassus,gracchus,ceaser,antonius,brutus,octavius...)than fall of the empire against east vs west,dacia,huns,saxons,sassanid,franks that invading the borders.(hadri****,constantijn,decius....).also more historic allays.port cities to sack not only harbors to block, not a bigger map but maybe more cities. if you build forts near roads after a time it will become village or so?? you like any of these id??
    Honestly i think Rome 2 should cover some new territory, like alot of that was done in rome 1 & neither shogun 2 or medieval 2 had the same or similar expansions as the first in there series, i think Rome 2 should explore the Greco-Persian Wars & have factions representing each of the City-states of Greece & the Persian Empire, or like u said the rise of Caesar.