Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Third age total war bug version 3.1

heneryv3heneryv3 Junior MemberPosts: 15Registered Users
edited January 2013 in Total War Eras Mods!
Every time i try to play a battle on the battle map the game crashes and it say medieval 2 total war has had an unspecified error
Post edited by heneryv3 on

Comments

• IquabakanerIquabakaner Senior Member Posts: 149Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    That doesn't happen to me. Maybe you should try reinstalling.
  • SasuSasu Moderator FinlandPosts: 8,842Registered Users, Moderators
    edited April 2012
    Moved to the M2TW Mod Support Forum.
    Not easy being a gunpowderhead

Forum Terms and Conditions
    When in doubt, check the stickies
    After every download, verify integrity of game cache

Fickle is the lady Fora
  • iceniiicenii Senior Member The PhilippinesPosts: 1,197Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    When did this problem start,a few weeks ago when Daylight savings time kicked in myself and a # of other players started getting crashes,the fix for this was to simply un-check the Adjust for DST box in the control panel,since then i have not had any crashes in game where as before DST i would get an occasional crash,hope this helps,this fix was save-game compatible.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
  • heneryv3heneryv3 Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I just installed this game yesterday or something
    edited April 2012
    But it hasn't worked since I installed
    edited April 2012
    Also a terminal box opens every time i open the game but i cannot read it as it closes to fast as well
    edited April 2012
    What exactly is a dst?
    edited April 2012
    I believe thats the in game script activating seen same thing in other mods,did you try changing the time setting,also did you install the 3.1 patch i think its only like 60mb.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii ".
    edited April 2012
    DST Daylight savings time.I have no idea why it was causing crashes for some players and not others.
    edited April 2012
    I installed the 3.1 patch
    edited April 2012
    Also i have just reinstalled the game and it still crashes anyway i don't think i changed my time during dst so i should be okay
    edited April 2012
    Any luck getting it going yet,if not try this it may help right click on your TATW desktop icon,click on properties at bottom,in the panel that opens click on compatability top left corner i think,then check to make sure that the compatability thats listed matches your OS if not select the 1 that does match your OS click on apply at bottom then Ok close ,start game see if it helps.My OS is Win7 but in the compatability section it was showing Win Xp with service pack3 changing it helped stabilize my game.Also are you able to play Custom and Historical battles without crashes.
  • el_zilcho321el_zilcho321 Junior Member Posts: 23Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    Where is the box to adjust the DST?
  • RatzoRatzo Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited August 2012
    I have the same problem, so I came to this thread and read and installed 3.1 but the error is still there. Plz help
    edited August 2012
    I also have Win7 but when I opened it there was no Win7, does Vista work as Win7?
    edited August 2012
    When I tried to Debug compatibility it took me to a point where it said "The designated searchway does not contain a valid program" (translation from swedish). could this be the problem?
  • HelepolisHelepolis Senior Member Posts: 510Registered Users
    edited August 2012
    I had this problem, turning off day light savings time and turning your time back an hour is what fixed mine, seems to work for alot of people.
  • RogueDesignerRogueDesigner Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited December 2012
    Battle Crashes

To solve this you need to go into Third_age_3/Data/World/Maps/Base and delete the file Maps.rwm this should solve the problem.

Also might be clock settings for computer should not be on automatically adjust for daylight saving time.

You only need to delete Maps.rwm the once, it is a regenerative file so it will recreate when you start the game but it shouldn't cause problems. The other thing to try is to go into Data/Text and delete everything ending in Strings.bin these too are regenerative but again only delete the once. if that doesn't work post back and we'll try something else.

to find desr_geography_new go into the Data folder and scroll down. I myself haven't had to delete this file before to get the game to work, but for some it has worked - i have 12 versions of this game downloaded all with different submods.
  • Hanno The ExplorerHanno The Explorer Senior Member Posts: 207Registered Users
    edited January 2013
    Battle Crashes

To solve this you need to go into Third_age_3/Data/World/Maps/Base and delete the file Maps.rwm this should solve the problem.

Also might be clock settings for computer should not be on automatically adjust for daylight saving time.

You only need to delete Maps.rwm the once, it is a regenerative file so it will recreate when you start the game but it shouldn't cause problems. The other thing to try is to go into Data/Text and delete everything ending in Strings.bin these too are regenerative but again only delete the once. if that doesn't work post back and we'll try something else.

to find desr_geography_new go into the Data folder and scroll down. I myself haven't had to delete this file before to get the game to work, but for some it has worked - i have 12 versions of this game downloaded all with different submods.

i've tried all these things but still cant start a battle (custom/campaign/hist.battle) nothing seems to work :((