Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So, WHIII campaign story is basically...

PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,057
The bear God Ursun has been kidnapped by Be'lakor (aka Ranger Smith) are you a bad enough dude to rescue (or kill if you are playing as Chaos) Ursun?

Also, Miao Ying: dude, where's my little sister?

Did i get It right?

Comments

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 9,288

Did i get It right?

If you leave away all the details, yes.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 35,254
    Yes that's pretty much it.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    Red_Dox said:

You are missing the plot twist were everyone things it is Be'lakor but then at the end it will be revealed to be the Horned Rat who holds Ursun hostage.

The real twist is that Sarthorael is still the final boss.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,057
    Red_Dox said:

You are missing the plot twist were everyone things it is Be'lakor but then at the end it will be revealed to be the Horned Rat who holds Ursun hostage.

-----Red Dox

But what if the True Final Boss is Nagash?
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 501
    I wonder how mere mortal managed to capture and wound a freaking god!
    Grba said:

He didn't capture Ursun.
    As for wounding

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    Red_Dox said:

You are missing the plot twist were everyone thinks it is Be'lakor but then at the end it will be revealed to be the Horned Rat who holds Ursun hostage.

-----Red Dox

Horned rat who holds Belakor hostage who holds Ursun hostage who holds Cathay sister hostage.

It's basically Taken movie story.
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 756
    The whole Ursun story is cringe imo. Bear god...
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,193
    Hondlis said:

Red_Dox said:

You are missing the plot twist were everyone thinks it is Be'lakor but then at the end it will be revealed to be the Horned Rat who holds Ursun hostage.

-----Red Dox

Horned rat who holds Belakor hostage who holds Ursun hostage who holds Cathay sister hostage.

Well, we know then what happens next when Nagash gets a phone call.

-----Red Dox
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    SerPus said:

Grba said:

He didn't capture Ursun.
    As for wounding

I can't believe the Godslayer actually thought he killed Ursun with that rinky dink little pistol. He needs an Elephant gun to take down something that size.

• BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Dont you think its a bit redundant to write your name at the bottom of your post, when your name is already shown at the top?
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 806
    I think it's implied that the "Godslayer" thought he killed Ursun, but probably just got help from one of the Dark Gods or even Be'lakor, since the latter was supposed to have plotted for milennia for revenge, and he needed a physical body, like he did during the events of Mordheim. Whether the plot back fires, well, I suppose we will see...
  • kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    Maybe the real big bad is the friends we made along the way.
    lcmiracle said:

I think it's implied that the "Godslayer" thought he killed Ursun, but probably just got help from one of the Dark Gods or even Be'lakor, since the latter was supposed to have plotted for milennia for revenge, and he needed a physical body, like he did during the events of Mordheim. Whether the plot back fires, well, I suppose we will see...

It's pretty much said directly. Be'lakor also tricked the Godslayer into thinking that Ursun is dead.
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,099
    Storeslem said:

The whole Ursun story is cringe imo. Bear god...

you still use "cringe"? cringe
    ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    I think the story sounds fine to me.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,782

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Dont you think its a bit redundant to write your name at the bottom of your post, when your name is already shown at the top?

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,270
    Hondlis said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Sigmar holds Nagash hostage, who holds the Horned rat hostage, who holds Belakor hostage, who holds Ursine hostage, who holds chatay sister hostage, who holds Asuryan Hostage, who holds Khaine Hostage, who holds the Holy roman emperor Carlos V hostage, who holds Sigmar Hostage
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 690
    SerPus said:

Grba said:

He didn't capture Ursun.
    As for wounding

My man killed a Bear god with a flintlock, damn! Why dont we use a rifle to kill Khorne next
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 321
    Also Ogres want to eat the big bear, probably.

Also Ogres want to eat the big bear, probably.

Because of course they do.
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,065
    I am confused, has Ursun always been a literal living bear located somewhere in kislev?

SerPus said:

Grba said:

He didn't capture Ursun.
    As for wounding

My man killed a Bear god with a flintlock, damn! Why dont we use a rifle to kill Khorne next
    Well in D&D gods (those that got stats at least) can be damaged by magic weapons. Which is way the Lady of Pain never got official stats, because if you stat a character in D&D players will try to kill it.
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,716

I am confused, has Ursun always been a literal living bear located somewhere in kislev?

That bit of the cinematic took place in the Realm of Chaos.

Whatever a god actually is (and that is relatively complex in itself) when encountered in the Realm of Chaos Ursun would obviously appear as a bear as that’s how he’s conceptualised.

Similarly while the Godslayer literally fired a bullet at the conceptualisation of Ursun, the cinematic seemed to suggest that his thoughts, emotions and betrayal were much more important to why Ursun was so affected than the actual bullet itself.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,348
    I’m **** that Kislevs chief deity is basically Princess peach.

Also I’m not down with Belakor being able to kidnap a literal god
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,829
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

i can't tell if this is serious or not but that would be so good haha