Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

wh3 will be even easier than wh2

Comments

• manpersal#3961manpersal#3961 Registered Users Posts: 3,281
    On topic, while I agree that CA shiuld do a lot more abit balance, serial complaining and butthurt attitudes aren't going to convince anybody.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    manpersal said:

On topic, while I agree that CA shiuld do a lot more abit balance, serial complaining and butthurt attitudes aren't going to convince anybody.

The problem is that this is the guy that cheeses with every single trick in his sleeve/every exploit then complains that it's CA's fault, not his own fault that the game is ''too easy''. ''It's not my fault that I am abusing every cheesy strategy/trick possible, it's the game's fault''. No, at that point it becomes your issue, and trying to backpedal by replying with ''Why is it my fault for playing the game normally? '' does not cut it, since exploiting every trick/using every cheese trick is the definition of ''not playing normally''.

I am not saying you should not use it, but rather don't use it and then complain that the game is too easy.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,828
    Skarbrand unline Taurox seem to offer some challenge sometimes, in one of the stream I've seen dude was attacked from everyside and it wasn't that easy.
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 522
    Kinda disappointing to see that ranged still heavily dominate. It is very annoying that they buff enemy melee def, attack and leadership, while giving no buff to missile resistance.
  • marcodmarcod Registered Users Posts: 8
    edited January 21
    From the streams i watched, i am also disappointed that playing on the highest difficulties they had such a easy time playing the campaign they didnt even had to reload in 50 turns. Also some lords are so easy mode in battles that they can solo the entire enemy army. I find this detracts from the tactical aspect of the game when you just blob the enemy with your op lord and massacre them with magic.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    marcod said:

From the streams i watched, i am also disappointed that playing on the highest difficulties they had such a easy time playing the campaign they didnt even had to reload in 50 turns. Also some lords are so easy mode in battles that they can solo the entire enemy army. I find this detracts from the strategic aspect of the game when you just blob the enemy with your op lord and massacre them with magic.

Well considering the fact they are TW streamers with a lot of experience on their belt, I am not surprised, since realistically speaking once you figure out the mechanics , the battles just become natural for them. I can guarantee you that it will not be the same for the players.
  • whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
    KronusX said:

Therefore I really have high hopes for multiplayer this time. Steam rolling through the map with your heavily buffstacked doomstack and one man army is not my cup of tea if this is indeed how it ends up to be. Even the good old Belegar campaign in WH2 isn't what it used to be anymore.

So from the various showcases:

There is still supply lines to a degree
    Ranged still dominate
    No caps to be seen whatsoever

You talk about MP then talk about caps. Can you move the goal post even further? Use the bloody mods to cap your campaign, we already know that MP is capped by price.
    you can't just use mods, stop saying that. mods don't fix the problem because ai is derping with it and it also needs a lot of balance to make it right which 1 modder can't do unfortunately.

this series has 0 strategy about it. it turned into endless power creep and spectacle for the sake of it.
    RJCPS said:

this is the same person that cheese's every aspect of the game (like the lord wasting amo, gate cheese, wall cheese, exp cheese, etc) and then complains the game is too easy?

you've ever seen someone speed run games? they cheese the game and abuse glitches to get really fast runs and completion. that's equivalent to what you do with TW. you ever seen someone learn how to speed run a game and then complain its too easy?

if you are actively trying to avoid playing the game the way it was designed to and are actively trying to circumvent the rules it establishes, obviously the game will be too easy.

all the choices you mention above that you want, you dont really want or care about them, because everything is exploitable in games and soon enough you will either learn or copy someone else's exploit. let this sink in before coming guns blazing with an irrelevant reply.

but we are not talking about exploits here buddy, you missed the thread.
    KronusX said:

Well considering the fact they are TW streamers with a lot of experience on their belt, I am not surprised, since realistically speaking once you figure out the mechanics , the battles just become natural for them. I can guarantee you that it will not be the same for the players.

I stopped playing WH2 because of the same problems, i hoped they didnt go overboard with making the player faction so much stronger then the AI most campaigns stopped being fun around turn 50. After the ikit claw DLC this became even worse.
  • HL230P45#1277HL230P45#1277 Registered Users Posts: 377
    KronusX said:

manpersal said:

The problem is that this is the guy that cheeses with every single trick in his sleeve/every exploit then complains that it's CA's fault, not his own fault that the game is ''too easy''.
    Well, Legend of Total war didn't use cheesing tactics much but only his knowledge of settlements location on the campaign map and he basically won a Khorne campaign by turn 10, all the additional armies upkeep and enemy battle cheats included. It's that AI has nothing at earlier turns and Skarbrand is unkillable.
    KronusX said:

marcod said:

From the streams i watched, i am also disappointed that playing on the highest difficulties they had such a easy time playing the campaign they didnt even had to reload in 50 turns. Also some lords are so easy mode in battles that they can solo the entire enemy army. I find this detracts from the strategic aspect of the game when you just blob the enemy with your op lord and massacre them with magic.

well yeah, but that's why you have difficulty sliders. no matter how many hours you have under your belt if you play on legendary you shouldn't be able to 1 man doomstack on **** turn 50.

besides if you don't find this game too easy why are u in this thread flaming me and telling me i'm exploiting the game lol?
    HL230P45 said:

KronusX said:

manpersal said:

The problem is that this is the guy that cheeses with every single trick in his sleeve/every exploit then complains that it's CA's fault, not his own fault that the game is ''too easy''.
    Well, Legend of Total war didn't use cheesing tactics much but only his knowledge of settlements location on the campaign map and he basically won a Khorne campaign by turn 10, all the additional armies upkeep and enemy battle cheats included. It's that AI has nothing at earlier turns and Skarbrand is unkillable.
    he is just a fanboy, he started whole cheese/exploiut discussion because even tho no one even mentioned it. khorne is laughablly easy, same as taurox, you don't have to cheese jack **** with them.
    marcod said:

KronusX said:

I stopped playing WH2 because of the same problems, i hoped they didnt go overboard with making the player faction so much stronger then the AI most campaigns stopped being fun around turn 50. After the ikit claw DLC this became even worse.
    yup it all went downhill after ikkit.
  • MonochromaticSpider#5650MonochromaticSpider#5650 Registered Users Posts: 2,129

IIT: People blabbering about balance before they've even tried the game.

Seriously, at least try the game before whining about how this or that needs to be nerfed.

yes because i can't draw sensible conclusion from watching other people play lol. besides game's balace has been **** since ikkit.
    No, you pretty much cannot draw sensible conclusions just from watching people much, much better than yourself playing a beta version of a game.

As for the game's balance, when exactly was it that super-challenging chess game that really kicked the player's backside? It can be aggravating and grindy but the game has never been flat out difficult, as long as one knew what they were doing, remained patient, and refrained from taking pointless risks. This was true as far back as Rome 1. Why are you insisting that WH3 ought to be radically different?

As for Khorne, it currently appears that the new armies plus movement restoration reinforces each other a bit too much, but considering Legend did a full stream and didn't make it past turn 10, I reckon that sane people aren't going to be pushing things quite as hard as he was, and I'm quite curious how the early game garbage spam translates into middle and late game growth.
  • MonochromaticSpider#5650MonochromaticSpider#5650 Registered Users Posts: 2,129
    Red_Dox said:

Have you seen how OP the sky junks are? they shoot like a hellblaster but completely acurate and delete a unit in one hit.

Have you seen 19 Skullcannons yet? ^^
    https://np.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/s8jmb2/19_skull_cannons/

-----Red Dox
    19 skullcannons look nice, though they're not all that impressive in melee. And they're not high precision units. I suspect an aggressive cav army might actually trouble them a bit. The skyjunks look like something that will have a bad day against melee flying units but mobile hellstorms that are immune to regular ground pounders is a very nice concept.

Seriously, at least try the game before whining about how this or that needs to be nerfed.

yes because i can't draw sensible conclusion from watching other people play lol. besides game's balace has been **** since ikkit.
    No, you pretty much cannot draw sensible conclusions just from watching people much, much better than yourself playing a beta version of a game.

As for the game's balance, when exactly was it that super-challenging chess game that really kicked the player's backside? It can be aggravating and grindy but the game has never been flat out difficult, as long as one knew what they were doing, remained patient, and refrained from taking pointless risks. This was true as far back as Rome 1. Why are you insisting that WH3 ought to be radically different?

As for Khorne, it currently appears that the new armies plus movement restoration reinforces each other a bit too much, but considering Legend did a full stream and didn't make it past turn 10, I reckon that sane people aren't going to be pushing things quite as hard as he was, and I'm quite curious how the early game garbage spam translates into middle and late game growth.
    yes let's use hyperbole to hide the fact we have no real arguments. yeah it was never a game of chess, but it also never had 1 button army destroyer like ikkit, permanent invisibility like taurox and endless **** of op mechanics.

you would always snowball at one point and game would just become easy but before it was at least delayed until turn ~ 100. now you snowball from the start and there is zero threat to your campaign.

and yeah, i can know what's going on from watching other people play. i played this wh series for over few hundered hours and wh 3 is not that different.
  • HL230P45#1277HL230P45#1277 Registered Users Posts: 377
    I have very little doubt that all Warhammer III factions will be easier than WHII's. They all now have point-and-click-anywhere battle abilities, for one, which are cancerous in my opinion. Every faction now has a mechanic attached which inevitably make campaign easier while creating an illusion of player-interaction depth. Alas, I don't think I have it in me to start modding another game entirely.
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 807
    All 3 faction so far seem extremely easy. Not even mentioning the OP weapons you can get through the Chaos realms.
    HL230P45 said:

I have very little doubt that all Warhammer III factions will be easier than WHII's. They all now have point-and-click-anywhere battle abilities, for one, which are cancerous in my opinion. Every faction now has a mechanic attached which inevitably make campaign easier while creating an illusion of player-interaction depth. Alas, I don't think I have it in me to start modding another game entirely.

yeah it's too much now. they simply decided to go different route and we just have to accept it unfortunately, most of the people don't even know how to play so they won't mind it no matter how easy the game becomes.

it's all about the spectacle now.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,553
    Haha op you lost all your credibility when using Legend for your argument.

Summon the Elector Counts!
    ArneSo said:

never mentioned legend but ok.
    Unfortunately not only the campaigns have become easier since WH1, the lord have powercreeped so hard they now make battles way to easy.
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    To be honest, it looks like the game at least demands more attention than before. Autoresolve seems a lot more punishing and settlement battles look like they have more dynamic AI than before.

The game to me, based on the youtubers and streamers I've watched, they couldn't just faceroll autoresolve past most of the map anymore and casualties seemed to matter.

I mean yeah, LegendofTotalWar was rolling around roflstomping a lot but even he had to take pause at times with some of the melee heavy factions because cummulative battle damage was hampering his ability to even win via cheese.
    Also LegendofTotalwar mostly plays the game looking for ways to break it, which is fun but not how I play.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,553

ArneSo said:

You can lie to me but not to yourself.

We all know that you are referring to whatever nonsense that idiot Legend said in his stream.
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 807
    Look some people don’t mind it but when a game is not challenging at all and all the LL can’t die unless you are braindead but others do.

Eventually mods that will come out but vanilla is broken from the hours of gameplay I have seen.
    edited January 21
    ArneSo said:

We all know that you are referring to whatever nonsense that idiot Legend said in his stream.

it's actually not. it was indiepride or whatever that enthusiastic nerd name is getting off at how khorne LL can 1 man doomstack.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,645
    I like a fun challenge, i dislike a grindfest for sick pleasure - I am no slaanesh follower.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
    RonNL said:

Look some people don’t mind it but when a game is not challenging at all and all the LL can’t die unless you are braindead but others do.

Eventually mods that will come out but vanilla is broken from the hours of gameplay I have seen.

there are not that many mods that nerf things.

and it's basically impossible to turn off faction specific mechanics.

ArneSo said:

never mentioned legend, but thanks for your contribution.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

it's actually not. it was indiepride or whatever that enthusiastic nerd name is getting off at how khorne LL can 1 man doomstack.
    Skarbrand is the strongest LL in the game. That’s for sure.

And while Khorne is definitely super powerful and a bit op, it’s limited by how you have to build momentum. And you can loose your momentum quite easily. So

I suggest you to watch Spartacus stream he explained that very well and reasonable.

yes let's use hyperbole to hide the fact we have no real arguments. yeah it was never a game of chess, but it also never had 1 button army destroyer like ikkit, permanent invisibility like taurox and endless **** of op mechanics.

you would always snowball at one point and game would just become easy but before it was at least delayed until turn ~ 100. now you snowball from the start and there is zero threat to your campaign.

and yeah, i can know what's going on from watching other people play. i played this wh series for over few hundered hours and wh 3 is not that different.
    What do you call a full stack of cataphracts in Rome 1? Or a full stack of forester warbands? Roman principes spam was also enough to completely destroy all opposition until the civil war. Iberian bull warrior spam did the same thing. Greek hoplites and armoured hoplites were, as I recall, the method for the fastest full map painting.

Yes, there are "broken" things in WH2 and almost certainly also in WH3. But aside from Taurox primarily and the other Beastmen LLs to a slightly lesser degree, I wouldn't really consider it "I win" mechanics.

PS
    "Well over a few hundred hours", yeah, don't we all?