Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Reworked siege maps showcase (Major settlements)

Pico0Pico0 Registered Users Posts: 283
Seems like CA agreed to let some youtubers show some of the new siege maps:

Erengrad:

Castle Drakenhof:

Karak Kadrin:

Nuln:

IMHO it looks great, pretty much all maps give at least the option to attack differents side, there are some bridges and high points to help the defenders and the street has been made more spacious to allow for moving more units. If all former maps are transformed like this and AI can handle it properly, it should make siege battles more interesting.

Comments

• BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 251
    New settlement maps look great!

"Be at peace, for that is all I ever want." - Karl Franz.
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,984
    What's with all the mountains around Altdorf? It's on a river flood plain.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,444
    oof, those are going to take time to break down. I hope they fixed AI Pathing...
    Glory matters not.

• GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,190
    That final capture point for Karak Kadrin looks a massive pain to capture/great fun to defend.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,916
    Erengrad a single province large city with huge importance to the kislev campaign. Large port city.

Yet it has no port, no sea and less buildings than a castle
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,275
    What I don't get is that Erengrad was literally hand crafted for the Kislev campaign, they had every oppurtunity to make it unique. So why doesn't it have a port, and why does it look so destitute? It should be a rich port city, not some seaside cliff fortress.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,067

Erengrad a single province large city with huge importance to the kislev campaign. Large port city.

Furthermore there is enough space for a port on that map lol Altdorf is not enough ... Urban ? For a 100.000 habitants city. Too much empty spaces full of grass. No River crossing it.

Well, some maps could have been even better that is sure. But it is still far better than what we got. Hopefully they could upgrade some of them latter.

Can't wait to see some others in the future immortal Empire campaign like Karaz A Karak, Couronne, etc.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 881
    I really want to see Bretonnia new maps. Can't wait for Immortal Empires
  • StoreslemStoreslem Registered Users Posts: 722
    the roads are too big and there is no houses in kislev lol
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,049
    The roads are not too big... They are the size they need to allow placing some units in them, real size would make them unplayable.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 1,730
    I like them too, I just would like to see more unique maps for major capitals ! Can't wait to see the Immortal empire citys (karaz a karak) and how Dark elfs maps look.
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,599
    They look crazy good. Very impressive.

Only problem is with the AI,which i think will have trouble reacting properly in these maps.

• darkgaia01darkgaia01 Registered Users Posts: 457
    i didn't like Altdorf to much due to the missing river but also it just looks really bare and empty compared to some of the other empire cities they showed.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,916
    Pr4vda said:

Furthermore there is enough space for a port on that map lol Altdorf is not enough ... Urban ? For a 100.000 habitants city. Too much empty spaces full of grass. No River crossing it.

Well, some maps could have been even better that is sure. But it is still far better than what we got. Hopefully they could upgrade some of them latter.

Can't wait to see some others in the future immortal Empire campaign like Karaz A Karak, Couronne, etc.
    Yeah Altdorf is literally a minor settlement map with a wall round it. Look at the osterwald map
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,367
    Castle Drakenhof is absolutely stunning! I love they redone vistas and sky for every map

I didn't like much Sky in WH2 missing sun and moon now they seem to add this feature back.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • LepingLeping Registered Users Posts: 387
    Nuln is astonishing, not much as a Nuln despiction (Lack of "factory town" vibe for me), but as a great empire town where you can easly imagine citizen live here (Market, lot's of house, smal alley, garden, and a background with even more building to make your imagination do the rest). It's great !

Altdorf could be this one and i will have no complain at all for vanilla map (Modder can add more lorefull personification later. It's micromanage at this point and i can believe CA already made a lot for siege map and need to put ressources elsewhere. Who know ?)

But it's not, and Nuln look more as a capital of the empire than Altdorf himself.

Altdorf look more as a fortress before the main town, like the Vauban fortification in France (Like in Empire Total War where you don't attack the cities themselve)

It's the only jusitification i can find and it's pretty underwhelming.

But i think it should not overshadow the great job done at making the map more interesting gamplaywise, like everybody asked in the previous games.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,275
    AI cant play anyway so before that gets fixed this pointless
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
    I don't see the IA fail that much, minor settlement seem difficult engouh to take for the youtubers i've seen
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,109

i didn't like Altdorf to much due to the missing river but also it just looks really bare and empty compared to some of the other empire cities they showed.

Its based on the Warhammer II map looks almost identical besides more room to siege.
  • caladbolgftwcaladbolgftw Registered Users Posts: 403
    Nuln needs to have a bigger metal bridge in the middle
  • akaLuckyEyeakaLuckyEye SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 187

What a waste of a wall for a faction without range units.
    "It is said that Abhorash wept tears of blood for his victims
    and from that day on he travelled to the desert to pray upon the scattered nomads
    instead of his own people."
  • DainDain Registered Users Posts: 149

They have Sylvanian handgunners and bowmen plus casters....
    Dain said:

Not in the garrison........
    and from that day on he travelled to the desert to pray upon the scattered nomads
  • DainDain Registered Users Posts: 149

Dain said:

Yes with ally outposts....
    Dain said:

Dain said:

Yes with ally outposts....
    If they build a outpost in my city sure but even so VC do not have range units it's a strange wall for a faction that will not have range unless you do very specific things....
    For people who have not seen this

From: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/304635/this-is-how-altdorf-looks-in-wh3-during-the-campaign-different-from-the-showcase-video#latest

If it's Altdorf i've not most of the issue i've bring here anymore. I'm not sure if a river cross it or not, but i can imagine that in that massive background.

Now we have, for a capital, a beliviable amount of building, détails, crowed house and alley... It's a town and not a forteress anymore

It's a good job, like Nuln. I hope we will have a diffrent map for Erengrad with an actual port and all will be pretty good for a realese i think
  • MaksboMaksbo Registered Users Posts: 441
    Leping said:

For people who have not seen this

From: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/304635/this-is-how-altdorf-looks-in-wh3-during-the-campaign-different-from-the-showcase-video#latest

If it's Altdorf i've not most of the issue i've bring here anymore. I'm not sure if a river cross it or not, but i can imagine that in that massive background.

Now we have, for a capital, a beliviable amount of building, détails, crowed house and alley... It's a town and not a forteress anymore

It's a good job, like Nuln. I hope we will have a diffrent map for Erengrad with an actual port and all will be pretty good for a realese i think

Thanks. Altdorf is around 4 hours 13 min into the video for those interested