Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

One drawback on the "New races specifically for Mortal Empires"

2»

Comments

• Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,708

You know... this got me thinking. They might actually just open up Mortal Empires to owners of game 3 but lock the content behind what you own. It's really no different than what they do with DLCs now.

Solves both issues.

This has been my theory for a while, in doing so, not all new DLCs have to be enforced into the main campaign like game 2, giving them more room for creation, they just need to give access to IE for all owners of WH3 and unlock playable races based on what you own.

Simple.

For example if they were to change their mind and make Araby, owners of that DLC would just need WH3 and IE to play it, without it being playable in the chaos campaign.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,708

Another random thought I had. I wonder if when they did the ME expansion they were genuinely considering adding Nagash/Undead Legions in whatever form they had planned but had to pull the plug on it because of the lack of Vortex starting options.

I just think that they have experimented a lot with WH2, and evolved as a company a lot on many levels, I dont think they planned the big bad end game undead for WH2 at all. Though I think originally the ME map wasnt going to change much for WH3 but just unlock the eastern part.

But the success of WH1-2 opened the possibility to think bigger, put more budget into it, add Cathay, Kislev and retcon the original ME map to make a bigger better one with eventually even more races for IE etc...and more room to make interesting DLCs.

The partnership of GW and TW is a huge success, WH2 was only the tip of the iceberg, WH3 is going to be next level, now certainly for me, but especially in a few years when its almost done, its going to be a mammoth of a game that gonna stay on my hard drive possibly forever lol.

And imagine...we can get AoS or 40K next...imagine with all the experience, budget, talent these 2 companies have now, imagine after another 5 years of success, and a new even more popular IP...insane possibilities.

IMO.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • ArneSo#7705ArneSo#7705 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 36,951

You know... this got me thinking. They might actually just open up Mortal Empires to owners of game 3 but lock the content behind what you own. It's really no different than what they do with DLCs now.

Solves both issues.

This has been my theory for a while, in doing so, not all new DLCs have to be enforced into the main campaign like game 2, giving them more room for creation, they just need to give access to IE for all owners of WH3 and unlock playable races based on what you own.

Simple.

For example if they were to change their mind and make Araby, owners of that DLC would just need WH3 and IE to play it, without it being playable in the chaos campaign.
    Yeah this would be the best solution.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,766
    edited January 28

Something that we glossed over, but looking at it from a different angle.

I've been saying for a while now that as long as the Southern Realms remain placeholders it means CA wants to add them. This confirms it.

"Blank Spots" "Various Groups".

This is not just about CD.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • overtaker40#8926overtaker40#8926 Registered Users Posts: 1,089

I've been saying for a while now that as long as the Southern Realms remain placeholders it means CA wants to add them. This confirms it.

Do you do gymnastics?

Cause that was a great stretch.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,506
    No, not an avalanche of mini-campaigns! The horror.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,766

Do you do gymnastics?

Cause that was a great stretch.
    Feel free to actually read the post.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,846

While I believe the context of that quote is mostly about the narrative campaign, I agree.

Any stated focus by CA on placeholders can mean that potentially quite good things could be heading to the Dogs of War or the Southern Realms.

• DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 4,331

No, not an avalanche of mini-campaigns! The horror.

I'll suffer through all the mini-campaigns I have to if it means more races in ME2.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,317
    Drama!!!!

They will just get races out that fit on the wh3 map and maybe shove a few regions in.
  • doclumbago#6250doclumbago#6250 Registered Users Posts: 2,505
    First, all of the updates for TWW 1 races were only available for TWW2/Mortal Empires so you had to own both games to get all the shiny stuff.
    Second, CA has released several nice-price bundles for both games, and they will probably offer a new bundle
    including all TWW 1+2+ DLC when they release Immortal Empires
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,188
    ROMOBOY said:

No this isn't nonsense. We discussed this in the other thread. I have 2 theories, either they have to make mini-campaigns (whilst also keeping the campaign pack standard of 4 LLs and almost a complete roster). Or they came up with some way to stitch huge chunks onto the existing map (I haven't seen much fog though on the map besides a little in Cathay).

Stitching huge chunks onto the map is something they could do if they planned for it when they made it... and if they learned from wh2... then they planned for it.
  • bobthe4thbobthe4th Registered Users Posts: 75

The above options are actually pretty good alternatives, But I also dont understand why they dont just unlock ME3 for everyone. Just keep the lords they dont have locked. otherwise someone new to the franchise could potentially have too buy 2 full games on top of three and the exlcusive dlc and could be looking at $300+ to play.

If someone pays full price for a 6 year old PC game that is on sale very regularly, then they have more money than sense and CA should milk them for everything they can get!
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,198
    Rezzing this, as it appears that no, this is not really a thing at all, and there was a misunderstanding in the Russian interview.

• neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,940
    mw51630 said:

Rezzing this, as it appears that no, this is not really a thing at all, and there was a misunderstanding in the Russian interview.

Maybe? Or maybe *this* is the misunderstanding? I'm just not gonna expect anything in either direction until I see an actual map or something at this point, no reason to form expectations when they can swing so wildly.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,883
    mw51630 said:

They may not have been wrong when they said 'factions' rather than 'races'.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,198

mw51630 said:

They may not have been wrong when they said 'factions' rather than 'races'.
    I'd be very surprised if the interview is right about races, and this comment is specific to factions. Pretty sure he is deconfirming it all here.

He is also directly addressing the Russian interview.