Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tzeentch warrior art by Cubicle7

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,206

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Surely that's Egrimm van Horstmann, holding the skull of Katam?
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,369
    edited January 26
    See, THATS pretty cool. Why couldnt we get that for Tzeentch?

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,885
    edited January 26
    That is 100% Egrimm van Horstmann
    Enchanter without pity or scruple

Great Mutator’s preeminent pupil

Rose from the ranks of the acolyte choir

Institute’s top office — sought to rise higher

Making a break, monster he unhitches

Made school in the wastes — a tutor to witches

Interesting
    https://www.cubicle7games.com/wfrp-winds-of-magic-upcoming-release/
    Blue Scribes, Elspeth von Draken and a Fimir? Maybe classic Rakka?

-----Red Dox
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 704
    Honestly, that still looks very vanilla CW, the horns and the like.
    Say, if I were to make the doom knights look like this:

excepting not holding a staff, would it be better?

Personally I was hoping for something alone the line of the magisters from AoS as they really do look horrific.

• ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186
    edited January 27
    Red_Dox said:

Interesting

-----Red Dox
    Elspeth is not impressed...

Interesting seeing her back after her last appearance in Tamurkhan ten years back.

The final rose has faded,
    The eaves will sing no more;
    The waxen ground will keep you bound,
    Death-pale until the thaw.
    Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,872
    edited January 27
    Ariel said:

Red_Dox said:

Interesting

-----Red Dox

Interesting seeing her back after her last appearance in Tamurkhan ten years back.
    It's not. The RPG can freely jump here and there as it feels like. Even the Red Moon Inn and Franz Lohner from Vermintide appear in the RPG.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,512
    Cool.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 2,932
    This is still my favorite Tzeentch Warrior art ever.

Make those reskins CA!
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,599
    Mah boi Egrimm will join us soon enough. His story and character is way too good to not include in this game.

Mark my words, the "Arch-backstabber", "Schemiest of all schemers", "betrayer of the Empire", "Chosen mortal servant of Tzeentch", "Conjourer of Daemons" and "absolute badass of a nerd" will be in game 3!

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    Pede said:

Mah boi Egrimm will join us soon enough. His story and character is way too good to not include in this game.

Mark my words, the "Arch-backstabber", "Schemiest of all schemers", "betrayer of the Empire", "Chosen mortal servant of Tzeentch", "Conjourer of Daemons" and "absolute badass of a nerd" will be in game 3!

He will come for sure. DLC or FLC, it doesn't matter. But he will come for sure. CA loves adding fan favourites with their own novels.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    Ariel said:

Red_Dox said:

Interesting

-----Red Dox

She looks amazing!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,048
    Question: I heard Warhammer RPG has more in common with Runequest and Call of Cthulhu than Dungeons & Dragons, does that mean it's hard to get into?

I'm asking because i want to try it.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,211

Question: I heard Warhammer RPG has more in common with Runequest and Call of Cthulhu than Dungeons & Dragons, does that mean it's hard to get into?

I'd say that's very accurate. it's one of those games where you look at it and go "oh god that's a lot" but once you start trying it out everything just kinda klicks into place. lots of numbers but they're easy to understand and follow.

really wish i had the time and energy to run a campaign one day. it's got some concepts I'm really into, like the advantage system where winning a round of combat gives you bonuses going forward in the battle. good stuff.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 473
    Love the Elspeth von Draken artwork!

I'd say that's very accurate. it's one of those games where you look at it and go "oh god that's a lot" but once you start trying it out everything just kinda klicks into place. lots of numbers but they're easy to understand and follow.

really wish i had the time and energy to run a campaign one day. it's got some concepts I'm really into, like the advantage system where winning a round of combat gives you bonuses going forward in the battle. good stuff.

Thanks. Also i should add that the RPG's enphasis on the gallows humor and ''Dung Ages'' side of the Old World is an acquired taste.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,211

Thanks. Also i should add that the RPG's enphasis on the gallows humor and ''Dung Ages'' side of the Old World is an acquired taste.
    it's pretty prevalent here. not to the degree of second edition I'd say but it's there.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
    Grba said:

Love the Elspeth von Draken artwork!

She exudes the right amount of ''cold and aloof''(TM) energy.

it's pretty prevalent here. not to the degree of second edition I'd say but it's there.
    I'm mostly bummed about ogres not being a playable race despite their presence in the Empire. :/
  • Lord_ZarkovLord_Zarkov Registered Users Posts: 1,489

I'm mostly bummed about ogres not being a playable race despite their presence in the Empire. :/
    They’re added in Archives of the Empire: Vol II
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 438

This is still my favorite Tzeentch Warrior art ever.

Make those reskins CA!

Every time I see this piece, I keep thinking the main guy is mounted, then I realise he’s just chilling on a rock…
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,434
    Egrimm van Horstmann is the thing Im most looking forward to in the Tzeentch roster. And if Vilitch ends up going to Archaon's gang along with Sigvald, I'd say he is the greatest hope for a proper mortal update for Tzeentch.
  • OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Registered Users Posts: 187

It's actually pretty easy to get into I'd say. If your a player
    Char gen is easy, you don't need to know the ins and outs of everything, I'd say its a fair bit simpler than say dnd 3.5, not sure about 5e though. I'm super psyched a winds of magic supplement is coming out.
    Now I just need to actually find a game after my last one got shut down after one session because covid became a thing.