Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

AI coming out of settlement to fight every battle

WaqarAWaqarA Registered Users Posts: 7
edited January 25 in Gameplay Issues
Hey
My old thread which I made just yesterday got deleted somehow so here it is again.

Whenever I have 3 crossbowmen and 1 oneger, AI comes out of the city to fight me. This completely ruins the fun as this will make most battles field battles, not city ones. This only occurs when I have a large oneger in the Army or more than 4 archers without oneger.

I believe 4 archers or crossbowmen and 2 onegers should not be considered missile superiority by the AI (counting both units separately).

I believe this is a bug and should be fixed. Once again, this ruins the fun of this game because in field battle it will be pointless to have more than 4 missile units (without oneger) and most of their ammo with not be spent. So unsatisfying.

Edit: Another issue that I have noticed, whenever I only bring 4 missiles (without oneger) they do not come out as long as on auto shoot but when I order all of them to fire on 1 specific unit they all swarm to melle.
Post edited by WaqarA on

Comments

• WaqarAWaqarA Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited February 1
    The recent update has fixed this problem and now with 4 archers or crossbowmen and one oneger, the AI does not come out. This brings back the fun.
    Edit: Also when I order 4 missiles to attack a single unit, the enemy does not swarm out as before, which has eliminated a lot of annoyance.
    Edit2: It seems that CA has not fixed anything rather it is a mod that fixes things for me. When I have units from "Imperium praetoria unit pack" the AI stays in the city, without its cavalry they march out. So annoying.
    Post edited by WaqarA on