Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What would be your first faction to use against Chaos in "Inmortal Empires"?

2»

Comments

• RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    I'm almost tempted to go beast men and go on a rampage in the chaos wastes to try to get the attention of the gods. Poor beasts want to get some notice to once in a while!
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,641
    Bretonnia

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,548
    This would depend entirely on how Immortal Empires map is made. So i can't say right now.
  • DrJammatDrJammat Registered Users Posts: 328
    edited February 7
    Probably Ogres, I don't get through campaigns very quickly and they will still be new to me, but the idea of teleporting around the hopefully huge map as Oxyotl taking out greater daemons is very very appealing.
  • GoldfishLordGoldfishLord Registered Users Posts: 429
    Lizardmen!

Oxyotl is the obvious one but I'd probably play Kroq-Gar first. The whole reason that his faction is called "Last Defenders" is because he and Grymlok (don't know how to spell it) were the last survivors of a Chaos attack.
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,472
    Rikis said:

I'm almost tempted to go beast men and go on a rampage in the chaos wastes to try to get the attention of the gods. Poor beasts want to get some notice to once in a while!

What you are saying is, indeed, important. Norsca and Beastmen should have something related to "gain" the attention of the Dark Gods.

The current idea of Wulfrik challenging Archaon is interesting. But now, with all the Chaos forces, they should gain some favors from them, challenge their champions, even from undivided. Actually, their chaos corruption is the undivided one, but I am sure the Dark Gods want some mortal allies to spread their corruption.
  • MammothmanMammothman Registered Users Posts: 102

For Bretonnia ! For the Crusaders !

But not the Empire forever on the defence !

Yes. Not anymore. Like Karl stated it. :D
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,738
    Skaven.. wait.. but technically out for myself.... yeah.....
  • SeswathaSeswatha Registered Users Posts: 4,757
    Skaven, nobody other than Tretch Craventail has the power to stop the Chaos Gods and prevent the End Times. He just doesn't know it yet.

• SMARTSSMARTS Registered Users Posts: 13
    The last defenders return after bagging all the other Lizzie brothers.

Time to take the fight north 😝
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,542
    Skaven, just to see if these factions can stand up to a full on Skryre build.
  • OldblackeyesOldblackeyes Registered Users Posts: 187
    I will drown the realms in a tide of corpses and batter down the gates of hell with my zombies horde.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 5,903
    Everqueen.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • manuelpsmanuelps Registered Users Posts: 2,819
    Probably a HE faction, which one, depends on the map or starting positions if some like Imrik are changed.
    ArneSo said:

Oxy is leading, Karl Franz second.

Interesting, no HE players yet.

They all joined Slaanesh and betrayed the great Order Alliance.

Lizzies and Humans have to get it done again.
    Studying the ways of the enemy is the nature of the true loremasters, but don't be afraid, the glittering host will march to save the world again as it has always done.
  • Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 809
    Nurgle or Demons undivided
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,313
  • ScionOfTheEmperorScionOfTheEmperor Registered Users Posts: 430
    Assuming she's been properly update to be a Dark Elves/Slaanesh Hybrid faction then Morathi,
    Otherwise probably Karl Franz, Oxyotl or Boris Ursus.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,336

Knights of Caledor blazing through!
  • busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307

Assuming she's been properly update to be a Dark Elves/Slaanesh Hybrid faction then Morathi,

spoiler alert, none of the game 1 or 2 factions will be any different than in their games outside of settlement battle maps, and diplomacy rework
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,373

spoiler alert, none of the game 1 or 2 factions will be any different than in their games outside of settlement battle maps, and diplomacy rework
    Source?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 6,738

Incorrect, this is already proven wrong.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,857
    Likley Lizardmen first. But after them either HE, Bretonnia or Empire.
    But this is just against demons in particular. Other factions are reserved for other interesting campaign set ups.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • K3KevilinioK3Kevilinio Registered Users Posts: 398
    First will be Dwarfs, then Empire, etc.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,712
    Kroq-Gar is the Final Defender, the last hope of this galaxy. TW:40K confirmed.

Skaven, nobody other than Tretch Craventail has the power to stop the Chaos Gods and prevent the End Times. He just doesn't know it yet.

"Tretch Craventail Saves the World" is honestly one of the most hilarious campaigns that a player can RP in the game. With the new outpost system it'll get even better.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Registered Users Posts: 408
    Vampire counts.
    Should be interesting with the expansion to the east, Kislev and the chaos factions.
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    Lizardmen

If not vs chaos then chaosdwarfs to conquer the whole world.
  • OmegaJakOmegaJak Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 275
    Elves. Either high or dark, and probably dark. I really enjoy their play style and it's just possible that Malekith will start pretty damned close to the realms of chaos.
    I *would* say Vampire Counts, because Vampire Counts are extremely cool and I like their aesthetic, but I think they're going to need a serious update before they're much fun, tbh.
  • Kyler_883Kyler_883 Registered Users Posts: 349
    High Elves, to be a shield, against chaos like the Asur have always been. The true enemy than the Druchii.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,720
    Chaos Undivided.
    Xypha said:

Vampire counts.
    Should be interesting with the expansion to the east, Kislev and the chaos factions.

I'm playing through as Counts right now and its a great reminder of how the game doesnt need to be busted (Taurox, hello) and is actually more fun that way.
    Glory matters not.

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 8,419
    Cult of Pleasure... I'm gonna bend Slannesh over my lap and give it a spanking.