Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit detail is very different in new vs old TW:W games.

JTWJTW Senior MemberThe empire of DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 406
Just had a battle where i noticed a big difference in quality between game 1 units and game 3 units. Now the units from game 1 are pretty old now, and compared to the newer units i personally find them very much subpar. So do you think we'll get an update for units like those? I'd love to see it myself, since it's a bit of an eyesore atm.

It's never too late to panic!

Comments

• avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 456
    Totally agree!
    Some units have had an 'upgrade' on the visual part. Norsca marauders is one of them. But the Empire state troops are like stick figures compared to Kislev or Cathay. Hopefully they will give them some more love when the combined map drops.
  • GothaliahGothaliah Registered Users Posts: 4
    It's mostly the lightning and the lower-res textures. If you look at the actual models from WH1 on Artstation, they're as high quality as WH3
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 321
    Spider-man gang.
  • Wanderer46Wanderer46 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 74
    If you really want to blow your mind, throw in some Tzeentch units to compare.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    So what i did notice is that game 1 faction colors are quite weird and don't seem to be interacting much with the new lighting. This is obvious with Empire state troops, but also faction colors.

Having said that, yes the quality of the models is insane in game 3. Just compare Kislev faces and hair with game 1 stuff. Try putting side by side a Frost Maiden and a Bretonnian Damsel...
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,975
    Well Empire has one of the worst visual designs of the trilogy, not only are they a WH1 race but they are also pretty much the first WH1 race to be completed. Made worse by the fact that all state troops and some artillery crew use the same models, a lot of the visual potential that the tabeltop version of the Empire had is missing.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 854
    avvve said:

Totally agree!
    Some units have had an 'upgrade' on the visual part. Norsca marauders is one of them. But the Empire state troops are like stick figures compared to Kislev or Cathay. Hopefully they will give them some more love when the combined map drops.

Sadly not just some, all of them
  • degudegu Member Registered Users Posts: 70
    this is really an issue, killing all fun ,looks terrible.
  • whatever14whatever14 Registered Users Posts: 464
    KN_Gars said:

Well Empire has one of the worst visual designs of the trilogy, not only are they a WH1 race but they are also pretty much the first WH1 race to be completed. Made worse by the fact that all state troops and some artillery crew use the same models, a lot of the visual potential that the tabeltop version of the Empire had is missing.

i'll take outdated empire troops over this kislev action man monstrosity they created.

just look at the weapons they wield, tf were they thinking, it looks silly af.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,376
    I mean, they still haven't fixed the bug with the Empire state troops - they used to have varied colour beards now they're all the same >.<

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• JTWJTW Senior Member The empire of DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 406
    Does anyone know if they've updated the visuals of a unit in the past? Wondering how likely it is we'll see a change for this
    It's never too late to panic!
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    Didn't remember them looking this bad. I always used reskin mods and they aren't much worse than WH3 quality.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,024
    TWW's empire units have always been ugly. The issue has just gotten even worse because of these low-quality ports.
    CA needs to redo the empire's troops and make them look better.

Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,348
    CA does not care about game 1 factions, I wish they did but I’m afraid we’re **** out of luck
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    Empire toops do look terrible with lo res textures. Hopefully they will get looked at so the combined map will be have armies that look of the same standard. Huntsmen textures need looking at since their release their provincial colours have spilled over onto their green at the neck. Very poor.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    They updated beastmen models with last DLC, so our best guess is they will update empire when an empire Lord pack comes
  • UvealStorm2999UvealStorm2999 Registered Users Posts: 17
    armored clown? :D
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,435
    The old races need a polish pass. Some textures look so poor that they would kill a stranger for five more pixels.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,688
    Looks like empire troops texture is bugged. It's not affected by lighting. I don't see any highlight and shadows on them
  • epic_1597325629127PkmHcxepic_1597325629127PkmHcx Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 75
    Mods are your friends.