Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Red Duke has a faction intro

Comments

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,801

With all the reskin complaints (both valid and overly dramatic ones) how is there not more people complaining about a potential reskin LL intro scene

Maybe there's a step too far on the complaints since intros are literally just there for maybe all of a minute or two.

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,296

Warlocke said:

Warlocke said:

Im not a fan of GBoG (nothing against him, either, I just don’t follow Youtubers) but I find it highly unlikely that he uploaded a video about this without verifying him for himself that the video is in the game files, because it’s an easy thing to verify.

It doesn’t seem at all implausible that CA would reuse an animation for a FLC lord’s selection video.

It actually does seem implausible considering that it's completely unprecedented.
    Reusing assets for FLC content is not unprecedented.
    hes not an flc!! he is in game, he came with Wood elves dlc!!! They would be “updating the wood elves dlc” maning him playable as a race.
    You no longer need the WE DLC for the Red Duke and you no longer need the Beastmen DLC for Toddy, it was changed during Warhammer 2 life cycle.

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,649
    Neodeinos said:

Warlocke said:

Warlocke said:

Im not a fan of GBoG (nothing against him, either, I just don’t follow Youtubers) but I find it highly unlikely that he uploaded a video about this without verifying him for himself that the video is in the game files, because it’s an easy thing to verify.

It doesn’t seem at all implausible that CA would reuse an animation for a FLC lord’s selection video.

It actually does seem implausible considering that it's completely unprecedented.
    hes not an flc!! he is in game, he came with Wood elves dlc!!! They would be “updating the wood elves dlc” maning him playable as a race.
    You no longer need the WE DLC for the Red Duke and you no longer need the Beastmen DLC for Toddy, it was changed during Warhammer 2 life cycle.
    still they are not free downloadeble characters, they are just core game characters or immortal empires exclusive characters. Thing is I dont want CA to give them to us as flc, just an update when full map arrives, Neferata and X empire faction need to bring their own ORIGINAL never seen FLC characters.

*Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 321
    edited February 21
    All these people saying it's a hoax or some high-effort fanmade thing and then go on to say CA would give him a unique intro animation and not copy + paste; look at Alberic de Bordeleaux - dude is literally a generic lord unit but with a trident. It wouldn't be a first time CA have reused an animation/visual look.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,649
    dont want red duke and toddy taking other new characters spot and dev time. Weve had them like for years in game, when they moves the dwarf and slaughtererr to their own starting positions, they never announced them as FLCs just updated the race.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 321
    Warlocke said:

The animations for a lord selection video have never been repurposed for another lord. I don't understand why you need the difference between a lord selection video and combat animations explained to you, unless you're being dense on purpose. Even Vlad, the example you people keep pointing to, reuses combat animations BUT HAS A LORD SELECTION VIDEO.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,336

dont want red duke and toddy taking other new characters spot and dev time. Weve had them like for years in game, when they moves the dwarf and slaughtererr to their own starting positions, they never announced them as FLCs just updated the race.

Whoah! No thanks. Toddy first, all others later please. We've waited long enough for them to have made a Teutogen Guard model!
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,309
    So what's the main opinion then? Hoax or genuine leak?
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,336
    Fossoway said:

I think wait and see if anyone else verifies it.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 10,081
    Fossoway said:

For the moment, wait and see, but I really doubt that the guy that makes STO would try to trick GBoG like this.

On the other hand, I find it strange that no other youtuber has talked about it, specially since most of them have already commented on the datamined IE map, since that isn't technically a leak bit something already in the game data.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 6,527

With all the reskin complaints (both valid and overly dramatic ones) how is there not more people complaining about a potential reskin LL intro scene

We're busy debating whether it's even real or not
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083

Warlocke said:

The animations for a lord selection video have never been repurposed for another lord. I don't understand why you need the difference between a lord selection video and combat animations explained to you, unless you're being dense on purpose. Even Vlad, the example you people keep pointing to, reuses combat animations BUT HAS A LORD SELECTION VIDEO.
    There is nothing stopping CA from repurposing a set of animations. There is no reason to think they wouldn’t.
    ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

Warlocke said:

There is nothing stopping CA from repurposing a set of animations. There is no reason to think they wouldn’t.
    Is the fact that they've never done it before not enough reason to think that they wouldn't?

Warlocke said:

Warlocke said:

Is the fact that they've never done it before not enough reason to think that they wouldn't?
    No, it’s not. CA do new things all the time.
    ò_ó
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,567

Isnt that Lokhir's animation? I have a bad feeling this is someone's trolling.

Image it's just some random CA dude put it there so they can trick us
    Warlocke said:

The excuse that "CA do new things all the time" can be used to justify literally anything so it's not even worth saying. They could make all DLC from this point on free. They could make mortal empires not require Warhammer 1 or 2. They could turn the game into a first person shooter overnight. Pygmies could be the first campaign pack. I mean after all, they do new things all the time right? The fact of the matter is that they have never reused a lord video before, even for lords that reuse existing combat animations, so there is no reason to expect that they would suddenly change from that precedent.
  • TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 5,129
    Please let it be true!

Hopefully it happens alongside a Vampire DLC...
    edited February 21

Warlocke said:

The excuse that "CA do new things all the time" can be used to justify literally anything so it's not even worth saying. They could make all DLC from this point on free. They could make mortal empires not require Warhammer 1 or 2. They could turn the game into a first person shooter overnight. Pygmies could be the first campaign pack. I mean after all, they do new things all the time right? The fact of the matter is that they have never reused a lord video before, even for lords that reuse existing combat animations, so there is no reason to expect that they would suddenly change from that precedent.
    I didn’t say we should expect they should. I said it is no reason to expect they wouldn’t. Those are two different statements.

The reason to expect the would reuse an animation in a lord select video is that it’s apparently in the game files.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    ò_ó
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 18,417

Fossoway said:

Oh, please let it be playable Mousillon, and not just the Red Duke.

I would much prefer him to be moved somewhere else, so Mallabaude can come in the future and be placed in his city.
    Eww hersy!!!

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 1,168
    Whether the Red Duke becomes playable or not, I feel confident in saying there's no way CA is going to reuse Lokhir's faction intro animation for the Red Duke's. If you're going to compromise presentation, you don't do it on the character selection screen where you get your first view (and close-up) of the character, at least not to this extent.

It'd be a whole new level of ugly, not even the least effort FLC LLs had that. And if it ever does come out like that, I'm certain it will be due to some communication problem or code oversight, nothing intentional.
    saweendra said:

Fossoway said:

I would much prefer him to be moved somewhere else, so Mallabaude can come in the future and be placed in his city.
    Eww hersy!!!

- Anonymous
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 5,843
    Please don't make him do the souls mechanic.

saweendra said:

Fossoway said:

Eww hersy!!!

hasn't change the fact its herasy!!! specially now when rpg is not cannon any more , so no eww , gross , ..etc. i hope not

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Fossoway said:

Eww hersy!!!

hasn't change the fact its herasy!!! specially now when rpg is not cannon any more , so no eww , gross , ..etc. i hope not
    Well, lucky us that Mallabaude isn't only present in the RPG.

Come on my boy accept the truth, reject the wench of the lake, the Black Knigth can show you the truth, you need to accept him as your rightful king.
    - Anonymous

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Fossoway said:

Eww hersy!!!

Well, lucky us that Mallabaude isn't only present in the RPG.

Come on my boy accept the truth, reject the wench of the lake, the Black Knigth can show you the truth, you need to accept him as your rightful king.
    yes but his story that is not a vampire is only rpg. so ...

never , i would rather slit my wrist than accept this

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,702
    So how can people even claim that it's a Warhammer 1 file when those types of faction intro videos didn't even exist in Warhammer 1?
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.

So how can people even claim that it's a Warhammer 1 file when those types of faction intro videos didn't even exist in Warhammer 1?

An animation can exist independently from the intro video it was eventually used in.

ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

I’m not trolling. I said there is no reason to expect this is a hoax and that CA wouldn’t reuse the animation. All you’ve done is demonstrate that you don’t know the difference between a positive and negative argumentative clause and then insult me for no reason.

There's no reason to suspect it isn't a hoax or a placeholder. People make hoaxes or leak placeholders all the time.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,702

Warlocke said:

I’m not trolling. I said there is no reason to expect this is a hoax and that CA wouldn’t reuse the animation. All you’ve done is demonstrate that you don’t know the difference between a positive and negative argumentative clause and then insult me for no reason.

There's no reason to suspect it isn't a hoax or a placeholder. People make hoaxes or leak placeholders all the time.
    We've never had anything Hoax'd to that quality in the history of Total War.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.

Warlocke said:

We've never had anything Hoax'd to that quality in the history of Total War.
    Okay. But there is no reason to suspect that it isn't a hoax. People make hoaxes and spread misinformation all the time.