Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH1/2 Race Wishlist (After Playing WH3)

TomCatMe0wTomCatMe0w Registered Users Posts: 118
I know its a bit of a ways off, but after playing WH3 with new QOL and mechanics, what improvements do you think could be made to the previous game races when it's bring them over to WH3? (Besides obviously new lords and units)

Here's some I thought of:

Norsca:
1: Aligning with one god will also improve your position with their respective factions. And fully dedicating means you can gain access to their specific units and maybe even confederate with said daemons (like if you dedicate yourself to Khorne, you can confederate with Skarband and gain use of him in your armies)
2: Norscans should be able to gather slaves and use them for sacrifice towards a god for benefits like affinity and maybe calling on daemon armies (similar to Nkari's effect) that can fight for you, but gradually dies from attritition.

Greenskins:
1: They should have a big names mechanic for their LLs, both orc and goblin, similar to the OKs. I believe in the lore, they often do give themselves fancy names from their accomplishments. For example, a goblin LL who beats an elf LL could get something like, "Snotty Elfstabber".

High Elf:
1: I thought a Khaine-temptation mechanic could be interesting (similar to the chaos ones), as high elves often struggle to resist the offerings of their darker god. And this would fit, as battling the chaos daemons might put a high elf in a corner. Giving into Khaine's gifts could give you benefits, but have drawbacks like negative affinity with other factions, especially other high elves.

Skaven:
1: Skaven should probably have similar mechanics to the Chaos Daemons, as they often do rituals to gain favor with the Horned Rat. And it would fit as they are also a chaos faction.

Feel free to comment and share your own.

Comments

• kaiki_utokyokaiki_utokyo Registered Users Posts: 246
    Wood Elf:
    1: Mixed-Gender Infantries.
  • nexusno9nexusno9 Registered Users Posts: 140
    I've always liked the idea of spreading out weaker versions of faction effects to specific Legendary Lords of other factions to differentiate them from other LLs of their faction, especially the base game LLs.

Quick example: Skaven
    Queek - given a version of Eltharion's dungeon system based on his trophies of heads. The greater the head the greater the bonus.
    Skrolk - a version of Ku'Gath's plague system, allowing him to tweak the effects of his own plagues.

Another example: Norsca
    Wolfrik - Vampire Coast style recruitment on the seas
    Throgg - Grom the Paunch meals

All lords of that faction would keep their main faction mechanics like before, but tying tweaked mechanics to Lords rather than factions would help each lord of the same faction stand out from one another even more than they do now.
  • busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307
    nexusno9 said:

I've always liked the idea of spreading out weaker versions of faction effects to specific Legendary Lords of other factions to differentiate them from other LLs of their faction, especially the base game LLs.

Quick example: Skaven
    Queek - given a version of Eltharion's dungeon system based on his trophies of heads. The greater the head the greater the bonus.
    Skrolk - a version of Ku'Gath's plague system, allowing him to tweak the effects of his own plagues.

Another example: Norsca
    Wolfrik - Vampire Coast style recruitment on the seas
    Throgg - Grom the Paunch meals

All lords of that faction would keep their main faction mechanics like before, but tying tweaked mechanics to Lords rather than factions would help each lord of the same faction stand out from one another even more than they do now.

when you say faction you mean race right? throgg's faction is wintertooth and his race is norsca
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,005
    skaven always need moar.

• Cosmic_LichCosmic_Lich Registered Users Posts: 511
    edited February 22
    Bretonnia:
    1. A similar system of recruiting mages that Kislev has. The Fay takes magically inclined children and the most powerful and devout return as the Lady's mage-priests. The Ice Witch/Maiden recruitment system fits perfectly well with Prophetesses and Damsels. I'm not sure how to make it different to not be a copy paste mechanic.
    2. Fey Paths. In the Bretonnia Novels, a Damsel used the Fey Path to teleport a small regiment of around 20 knights from Bordeleaux to Bastonne. I imagine it to be a combination of the WElves teleport and Underway. A cooldown like the WElves, but exclusive to the Damsel or Prophetess. Underway for distance, but maybe can't be interrupted like the WElf teleport.
    3. DLC.
    4. Green Knight rework.

Empire:
    1. Kislev's religion system without the rivalry. Maybe more gods will be included, but I imagine Sigmar, Ulric, Morr, and Taal as the main 4, but that is literally just my preference and impression.

Edit: Grammar and a few details.
    Post edited by Cosmic_Lich on
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,590
    1. Older factions need there models brought up to date with high res textures.
    2. Models need resizing. Kossars are too tall compared to Empire State Troops for one.
  • Mortarch66Mortarch66 Registered Users Posts: 30
    Maybe Slaanesh related mechanics for Dark Elves, especially Morathi
  • busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307
    edited February 22
    im all for the racial leaders being fairly vanilla but it'd be nice to see something special for the second one
    morathi could lean into slaanesh more
    teclis could train mages
    skrolks plagues could get reworked
    kroq-gar just generally needs a rework anyway, his personal tree is just a bunch of bonuses vs specific races
  • lcmiraclelcmiracle Registered Users Posts: 710
    Empire:
    A duchess to take the place of the Electoral Office of Nuln.
    Knights of the White Wolf, Knights Panthers, Teutogen Guards minimum to form the Middenlander sub-faction flavour with Ulrican Warrior Priests.
    A bloodline-lite system for introducing Empire Grand Masters for the "Big Four" (generic, Blazing Sun, White Wolf, Panthers).
    Something that makes a Marius Leitdorf, Ludenhof and von Raukov look different and add the Dragon Bow so I can add a shooting ability for von Raukov.
    LLs: Kurt Helborg
    LHs: Ludwig Schwarzhelm

And the Tamurkhan DLC adding Elspeth von Draken with either an LH Theodore Bruckner with demigryph mount, or add the demigryph mount to the empire. Generic gold wizards and the Celestial Hurricanum would be a good FLC to accompany Elspeth.

Not a huge fan of landships but wouldn't complain if they made the cut.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 2,078
    Ogre Big Name:

Could be used on the Slayer Lord/Hero, where killing enough units with the Troll tag will give them Regeneration... this would be combined with the immortality where from the point you give them immortality they can't gain any new Big Name

Blood Harvester:

Could be reused for a reworked Nakai as a Ritual, making the Vassal more proactive
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,346
    In short:

Wood Elves:
    1. Seasons - shifting units bonuses
    2. Weave - balance the Weave by assisting different races in their wars

High Elves:
    1. The Ten Kingdoms - something like Elector Counts but different
    2. The Court of the Phoenix King - fight for positions and privileges

Dark Elves:
    1. Slavery Deluxe - different types of slaves for different tasks
  • Kapika96Kapika96 Registered Users Posts: 232
    Empire:
    Copy the Kislev Ice Witch training mechanic over to the Empire's wizards. Have a true colleges of magic system!

Elves:
    Make the sword of Khaine much more punishing. Honestly, rifts could be a great way to do that. If you hold the sword then Chaos rifts periodically spawn in your territory, the stronger the sword is the stronger the armies that come through them are. They'll beeline for the closest settlement to the rift and after that head straight towards the sword holder. I definitely think it needs more reason not to take it (and to return it if an AI takes it) given it's importance in the lore.

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,199
    High Elves:
    I want to be able to spend influence on the diplomacy screen to make a deal easier.

Lizardmen:
    I want the geomantic web to become a terraforming tool that can change an uninhabitable climate to a suitable one.

Skaven:
    Undercities should allow a minor settlement battle when discovered instead of just being burned with a click.

Vampire Counts:
    Lord selection should be less messy: no need for generic vampire and strigoi, master necromancers can be the basic Lord until you awaken one.
    Ghorst moved to the marshes of madness.

The Empire:
    A faith system once the ar Ulric is introduced and volkmar is moved. Maybe the two can compete spreading their faith and the unholy manifestation/corruption mechanics can be repurposed, maybe it can end in Confederation like Katarin vs Kostaltyn.

Dwarfs:
    Grombrindal moved to Kraka Ornsmotek (new settlement in North West Norsca).
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 475
    edited February 22
    Bretonnia:

- A Crusade Mechanics (I don't think I need to give too much details on that idea, it's up to the dev to make it the way they want)

- A Mariage Mechanics: that one would be available for all generic lords. That would incentivize you to recruit both male (knights) and female (mage) lord, and you could marry them under certain circumstances, in order to make them provide different interesting bonus to each other when they are fighting together (just like Vlad and Isabella). This would also be fitting Bretonnia, since a medieval society where arranged mariages are probably the norm.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,647

Bretonnia:
    1. A similar system of recruiting mages that Kislev has. The Fay takes magically inclined children and the most powerful and devout return and mage-priests. The Ice Witch/Maiden recruitment system fits perfectly well with Prophetesses and Damsels. Not sure how to make it different to not be a copy paste mechanic.
    2. Fey Paths. In the Bretonnia Novels, a Damsel used the Fey Path to teleport a small regiment of around 20 knights from Bordeleaux to Bastonne. I imagine it to be a combination of the WElves teleport and Underway. A cooldown like the WElves, but exclusive to the Damsel or Prophetess. Underway for distance, but maybe can't be interrupted like the WElf teleport.\
    3. DLC.
    4. Green Knight rework.

Empire:
    1. Kislev's religion system without the rivalry. Maybe more gods will be included, but I imagine Sigmar, Ulric, Morr, and Taal as the main 4, but that is literally just preference and impression.

Additions i want including above for Bretonnia

1. expansion to repanse mechanic where she can choose which supplies to take against which sttrition type
    2. Court of the fay where you can recruit grail tier and above units for chivalry
    3. Castle similar to orger kingdoms camps but with 4 building slots and unique building trees that can be built any ware.
    4. Henri skill tree rework.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,647
    Thomashu said:

Bretonnia:

- A Crusade Mechanics (I don't think I need to give too much details on that idea, it's up to the dev to make it the way they want)

- A Mariage Mechanics: that one would be available for all generic lords. That would incentivize you to recruit both male (knights) and female (mage) lord, and you could marry them under certain circumstances, in order to make them provide different interesting bonus to each other when they are fighting together (just like Vlad and Isabella). This would also be fitting Bretonnia, since a medieval society where arranged mariages are probably the norm.

Not how Bretonnian society works a knight must work hard to gain affection of a Prophetess/ damsel. But other than the lady her self there is no way a knight may order them. Or arrange a marriage to them.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,460
    HE: Finubar

Dwarfs: Norse Dwarfs + Thunderbarge

Lizardmen: Geo rework, missing Slanns, blessed spawning and Thunder Lizard

Bonus: Naval expansion - trading, raiding and ship combat.

Bonus 2: Gate of Calith + Tor Elithis

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • SeswathaSeswatha Registered Users Posts: 4,757
    Speaking mechanics only, NOT new content:

Norsca - full rework

WoC - full rework

Empire - rework mechanics to utilise new diplomacy system, e.g. bonuses to allegiance points generation, control of allied armies etc. Enable decentralised style of play by keeping elector counts semi independent but controlled indirectly through diplomacy.

HE - rework mechanics to utilise new diplomacy system, e.g. bonuses to allegiance points generation, control of allied armies etc. Enable decentralised style of play though diplomacy with other kingdoms and creating proxies from other factions and taking over their armies. Remove Entrepreneur.

DE - Nerf the hell out of slave economy.

LM - Geomancy aka Changing of Ways rebranded.

Skaven - Nurgle's plague cauldron for Pestilens. Vermintides work similarly to the new temp armies - half upkeep, no supply lines, no replenishment. Menace below allows to add some slave or clanrat units to your deployment (similarly to Slaanesh mechanic but you add them from the pool rather than steal them from the enemy) for food rather than satellite summons.

• Lazy_captainLazy_captain Registered Users Posts: 202
    LM - Reworks to Geomatic web and change blessed spawning to sacred specific spawning like in Table top, add all missing slann lores, Skinks having also new lores like their 6th ed mechanic, Krox hero, Coatl as skink priest mount, Thunderlizards as land base black arcs.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,626

Bretonnia:
    1. A similar system of recruiting mages that Kislev has. The Fay takes magically inclined children and the most powerful and devout return as the Lady's mage-priests. The Ice Witch/Maiden recruitment system fits perfectly well with Prophetesses and Damsels. I'm not sure how to make it different to not be a copy paste mechanic.
    2. Fey Paths. In the Bretonnia Novels, a Damsel used the Fey Path to teleport a small regiment of around 20 knights from Bordeleaux to Bastonne. I imagine it to be a combination of the WElves teleport and Underway. A cooldown like the WElves, but exclusive to the Damsel or Prophetess. Underway for distance, but maybe can't be interrupted like the WElf teleport.
    3. DLC.
    4. Green Knight rework.

Empire:
    1. Kislev's religion system without the rivalry. Maybe more gods will be included, but I imagine Sigmar, Ulric, Morr, and Taal as the main 4, but that is literally just my preference and impression.

Edit: Grammar and a few details.

Will edit: will accept any **** bone tossed towards it
  • GuillermidasGuillermidas MadridRegistered Users Posts: 376
    edited February 23

Norsca - full rework

WoC - full rework

Empire - rework mechanics to utilise new diplomacy system, e.g. bonuses to allegiance points generation, control of allied armies etc. Enable decentralised style of play by keeping elector counts semi independent but controlled indirectly through diplomacy.

HE - rework mechanics to utilise new diplomacy system, e.g. bonuses to allegiance points generation, control of allied armies etc. Enable decentralised style of play though diplomacy with other kingdoms and creating proxies from other factions and taking over their armies. Remove Entrepreneur.

Skaven - Nurgle's plague cauldron for Pestilens. Vermintides work similarly to the new temp armies - half upkeep, no supply lines, no replenishment. Menace below allows to add some slave or clanrat units to your deployment (similarly to Slaanesh mechanic but you add them from the pool rather than steal them from the enemy) for food rather than satellite summons.

This is a good summury. Id like to add a few notes

DE - Watchtowers. BIG rework to cult of Slaanesh. A good patch to make sure AI black arks are properly used (sack coast cities, but reduce how many they spam).

VC - Flesh out bloodlines properly.

GK - Allow'em only to recruit ally units via diplomacy from other greenskins. Perharps with some Ogres, but thats it. More variations of units still needed via flc (savage lords, forest goblins, orks with spears...). Then, rework all their lords to have penalties of upkeep when not using their "faction" units, and benefits when they do (weird to see a gobliin leading black ork stacks).

LM - Oxyolt mechanics should be exported, to a lesser extent, to the other factions. To fight chaos and skavens. That is the purpose of my beloved lizzies I collected for over 20 years.

All elves - mixed genders on basic infantry

All wh1 factions - a good and proper update to models
    Post edited by Guillermidas on
    "It's small, filthy and noisy. H! Just like a dwarf!"
  • MarderMarder Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited February 23
    The Demon price creation for ALL RACES!!

Create your own Legendary Lord!!
    Looks, Gear, Perks chose skills that you need to unlock and level.
    it would be perfect and fitting for the last WH Fantasy game.
    Be the legendary Hero especially in the IE campaign with 8 Players at once.

Off coarse he would be not a s powerful the most legendary lord of a faction but coming close and standing above normal lords of a faction.

No changes after creation for mortals, rats depending on clan can add mutations bits and bobs, choas can mutate.
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,049
    Marder said:

The Demon price creation for ALL RACES!!

Create your own Legendary Lord!!
    Looks, Gear, Perks chose skills that you need to unlock and level.
    it would be perfect and fitting for the last WH Fantasy game.
    Be the legendary Hero especially in the IE campaign with 8 Players at once.

Off coarse he would be not a s powerful the most legendary lord of a faction but coming close and standing above normal lords of a faction.

No changes after creation for mortals, rats depending on clan can add mutations bits and bobs, choas can mutate.

Not a bad per se, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be a carbon copy of the demon prince mechanics. But being able to create a custom lord and a custom faction might be cool. Nothing too wild, just pick a template based on an existing faction, a flag and the 2 colors, maybe the location of one of the ruins as a start position. Kind of like EU. Could be interesting.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,720

Norsca - full rework

WoC - full rework

Cant disagree with any of this.
    Glory matters not.

• AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 345
    edited February 24
    Dark Elves -

General - Adding more complexity to the slave system, being able to use slaves to upgrade a settlement to higher tiers, like the Skaven, but at the price of an increased risk of a slave rebellion, and similarly using slaves as pre-battle sacrifice to Khaine to increase units statistics, though it would only be available on your territory. Furthermore, slave uprisings should be Rogue Armies with varied units pulled from different races, their tier depending on the tier of the city. Holding your slaves should have economic benefits, like it currently does, but the higher the number you're holding the higher the risks of uprising.

Having a few Imperial Fort like settlements north of Naggaroth, to represent the Watchtowers would also be nice, and kinda needed once the demonic races will come.

Malekith - Should have a mechanic to conquer Ulthuan, if you're controlling a large enough amount of regions and built the last tier of the Shrine of Asuryan, you're crowned Phoenix King, allowing you to recruit some High Elves units and confederating them. On an another note Vlad von Carstein should have something similar with the Empire.

Morathi - The current Chaos corruption should be changed for Slaanesh corruption, and she should have a unique ritual to sacrifice slaves to Slaanesh (or minor Chaos Gods) and gain access to unique Cult of Pleasure units.

Lokhir Fellheart - He should get the upgradeable ship mechanic from the Vampire Coast. He also should be moved near Ind.

Crone Hellebron - Blood Voyages should work like the Khorne's Blood Hosts.

Rakarth -
    Adding more beasts from the newer Warhammer 3 races.

Malus Darkblade - The potion mechanic should probably be reworked a bit, too add more interesting player choices and player agency, it's currently extremely lackluster. Also I like the sort of double start position, but he really should have access to a wider amount of suitable climate then.
    Post edited by Alchimist on