Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hotfix patch notes (11th April 2012)

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doePosts: 1,141Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
edited May 2012 in Total War: Shogun 2
Hi all,

We've just released a patch for a couple of issues.
  • Fix for blood effect in blood pack
  • Fixed occasional crash when entering Avatar Conquest Map
  • Miscellaneous other crash fixes
  • Fixed an issue where trees could appear black
  • Fix for level 9 clan skill lockout

Enjoy!

The Creative Assembly
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• vientoviento Member Posts: 45Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    so..that means we wont get back our clan tokens..boom they are gone.
  • ZeronDXZeronDX Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    still not fixed bug cannon stuck when timber/untimber ?
  • HeiligerHeiliger Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Soooo... About that desync issue... ? No? Ok... Back to the pile of games I'm not playing.
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,076Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited April 2012
    CraigTW wrote: »
    Hi all,

We've just released a patch for a couple of issues.
    • Fix for blood effect in blood pack
    • Fixed occasional crash when entering Avatar Conquest Map
    • Miscellaneous other crash fixes
    • Fixed an issue where trees could appear black
    • Fix for level 9 clan skill lockout

Enjoy!

The Creative Assembly

Unfortunately, for a small number of people this entire patch is meaningless.

is there any update on the PC Lock-ups for the people with the AMD 7*** HD Series ? We would really like to play the game and enjoy it like everyone else.
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • napaljeonnapaljeon Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    What !!!!! there is no blood on armor only on the hat and something on hand.... I dont know how did look before patch because i buy when FOTS was relesed but when i saw picture on steam something is missed and BOOM blood on armor is disappeared. Only i want is that someone tell me is it going to look like that so i can call steam and request that they give me my money back because i pay something that is not look like on their pictures. :( :( :(
  • FFJadeFFJade Member Posts: 55Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I hope they give you money back, since you totally missed the rest of the fun.
  • DefensoreDefensore Junior Member Posts: 17Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I also can confirm that the blood appears only on the head and left arm of the soldiers. The rest of the model seems to be intact.
  • napaljeonnapaljeon Junior Member Posts: 13Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    i dont know is this bug or they do new experiment. because after they reduce blood on floor how i hear i want be dissapointed that they reduce and blood on armor and soilders. its totaly unfair i wait to long to buy that blood pack everybody tells me that blood pack is the best thing they relesed and now i when i buy blood pack they reduce every thing on that pack. its must some kind of joke because i fell like dead samurai without BLOOD.
  • {HALO}Tac_Impulse{HALO}Tac_Impulse Junior Member Posts: 19Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Heiliger wrote: »
    Soooo... About that desync issue... ? No? Ok... Back to the pile of games I'm not playing.

So you're having desync issues as well? We can't finish any games as it eventually gets to the point where even manually transferring saves no longer works as a work-around.

Come give us some input?

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/36875-Fall-of-the-Samurai-Co-op-Campaign-De-syncs
  • TaikoTaiko Member Posts: 94Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I am able to load my old shogun 2 avatar without CTD now. All my veterans and retainers are back. Thank you very much for this awesome hotfix.

Still waiting for the camera control movement using mouse to be fixed.

Thank you, CA.

Taiko
  • AlexTsoAlexTso Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    But the patch didn't fix the lock-up issue in AMD 7xxx series cards. I bought the game over 3 weeks and still can't play.
    Please do something. Thank you.
  • bggeneralbggeneral Senior Member Posts: 201Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Yes, the most critical bug in the moment (Camera movement problem) is not even discussed by them....... I will continue not to play and not to buy...... Other companies started to produce good products in historical RTS.....
  • DribbsDribbs Senior Member Posts: 1,270Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Wouldn't this have been better posted in the news and annoucements section?

Also, I've noticed that there appear to be two entries for the FOTS sub-forum.
  • DingoDingo Senior Member Posts: 338Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Fixed an issue where trees could appear black

Unfortunately, that's only half fixed, although it's much better now, I am still getting black markers on trees in the distance with 4xMSAA. With 8xMSAA more of those black patches can be seen.
  • ConfuciusConfucius Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Dingo wrote: »
    Unfortunately, that's only half fixed, although it's much better now, I am still getting black markers on trees in the distance with 4xMSAA. With 8xMSAA more of those black patches can be seen.

Just wondering, has the graphics in general been improved back to pre fots at all or is it the same?
  • DingoDingo Senior Member Posts: 338Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    All the same, it still looks worse than before FOTS. The gloss will not be brought back since that was a deliberate decision by CA but there are other features like weather effects and level of unit detail which are still worse in FOTS than in vanilla.

For example, when I run the 'S2 User settings' benchmark with the pre-FOTS engine (I have a complete backup of pre-FOTS S2), it uses about 140MB more VRAM than the FOTS engine (1063MB vs 925MB with all ultra @ 1680x1050 and 4xMSAA+SSAA). That's nice when you only have 1GB of VRAM but you have to wonder which graphics have been reduced.

In the comparison vids I did, I can for example clearly see that the weather effects like fog are reduced in FOTS and unit detail is less pronounced (but that's often difficult to judge since the gloss also had the effect to make details more visible).

Here is my thread with comparison pics from the benchmark captures
  • MrBoBo1MrBoBo1 Senior Member Posts: 441Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    Yep. Very dissapointing what they chose to do to the graphics. Would have prefered a choice in the matter.
    edited April 2012
    AlexTso wrote: »
    But the patch didn't fix the lock-up issue in AMD 7xxx series cards. I bought the game over 3 weeks and still can't play.
    Please do something. Thank you.

I dont think they'll answer any time soon. I sent a PM/email to CA a couple of times ( no answer), AMD stopped responding my email. No one from CA replies on the AMD issue thread. It'll get fixed... eventually.
    Grudge's Mods
  • AlexTsoAlexTso Member Posts: 50Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    GrudgeNL wrote: »
    I dont think they'll answer any time soon. I sent a PM/email to CA a couple of times ( no answer), AMD stopped responding my email. No one from CA replies on the AMD issue thread. It'll get fixed... eventually.

It is so unfair that we purchased both the game FotS and the latest 7XXX series card and still have no solution for fixing the lock up bug from both CA and AMD.
  • bb82bb82 Senior Member Posts: 112Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    AlexTso wrote: »
    It is so unfair that we purchased both the game FotS and the latest 7XXX series card and still have no solution for fixing the lock up bug from both CA and AMD.

Hopefully you learned why not to buy "brand new". Wait a little and you will spend less AND have less bugs to deal with.
  • CatmaCatma Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    bb82 wrote: »
    Hopefully you learned why not to buy "brand new". Wait a little and you will spend less AND have less bugs to deal with.

It's terrible that this is necessary.
  • YoungGrognardYoungGrognard Senior Member Posts: 197Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    They still haven't fixed the biggest one, the broken mouse camera controls.

However let's be calm, because we all know that when Total War games come out they always have lots of bugs and it takes them a few months after release to fix the major ones.

Just be patient and play other games until they fix them. It's the same with all Total War games. Wait a few months after release before playing.

By the way - C.A. have stated that the mouse-camera problem has been logged last week and they are working on fixing it. It will probably be fixed in the *next* patch.
  • NaishoNaisho Senior Member USAPosts: 3,375Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    edited post

I hope more good changes appear in the future.
    1---/\__/\
    1=(O-"-O)=/\
    1--- / | | \--/ -|
    1---| \-/ \-_ /
    1--( Neko )

Naisho the Neko

"You have raised assorted issues under what might be termed a “I-don’t-like-it because-I-say-it’s-not-historical” banner. This isn't quite the same as "justified", I'm sorry to say." -MikeB
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 12,300Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    GrudgeNL wrote: »

Not much point answering those kinds of PMs and emails. What should they do, personalize a version of "We get it you hate this and want to nag us to death about it we're doing the best we can?" every time? IMO the only PM?email worth sending to them is anything that might be new information on the subject. Not "Well when you get this done CA?" I'd prefer they spend their time working on the fix then reading emails reminding them about it.

EDIT: Several posts deleted. This is not the last patch they're gonna make people, wait for them to finish the rest.
    How to install Steam games without downloading
    How to post DXDiag: Windows+R key, type "dxdiag" in the input box. Select Save All Information, and attach as [/code]
    [code] in your post
    Baldrick: "I heard the Great War started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich because he was hungry."
    edited April 2012
    daelin4 wrote: »
    Not much point answering those kinds of PMs and emails. What should they do, personalize a version of "We get it you hate this and want to nag us to death about it we're doing the best we can?" every time? IMO the only PM?email worth sending to them is anything that might be new information on the subject. Not "Well when you get this done CA?" I'd prefer they spend their time working on the fix then reading emails reminding them about it.

EDIT: Several posts deleted. This is not the last patch they're gonna make people, wait for them to finish the rest.

All the emails / PM's towards CA and AMD were informative and deff not any form of complaining. If I don't receive any answer, I think it's reasonable to ask why I don't get an answer. If I still don't get an answer, I have a reason to get a little bit frustrated.

It's always easy for people who don't have major issues with a game, to overlook how a person feels who can't even play their game properly. And, after a month waiting, I think it's fair to know if CA has progressed on this matter. Even if the answer is just: " We havent been able to track the problem yet."

The only thing that I have heard, was AMD's final answer, who admittedly said that new drivers might not fix the issue.(After 1 month of emails where they stated that their current Catalyst driver was the issue) And their final advice was to reinstall windows.:confused: ... That can be quite depressing. Especially after they also tell you to fill in an AMD form, you already filled in twice.
    Grudge's Mods
  • Colonel MallardColonel Mallard Senior Member Posts: 1,044Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    The blood only appearing on the arm and head is a little immersion beaking. Blood appears on the whole body briefly before fading to just the arm and head. You need to pause to see it, it is a matter of milliseconds. I hope it doesn't stay like this and I presume it isn't meant to be like that, and is a bug. Perhaps the intent was to have blood appear on various parts of the body; a mix of whole body coverage, individual limb coverage and the less slightly less visible, (more tasteful, IMHO) effects from before the hotfix would please me...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it...

"If at first you don't succeed, you fail."

"All I know is that my gut says maybe" - President Average of the Neutral Planet

Total War:Barbarian Invasion 2:The Invadening
  • LazyArtifactLazyArtifact Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    In the beta, a lot of people, myself included, reported the camera bug (with UI elements messing with the edge detection and therefore camera rotation) and they logged it back then too. I guess they didn't think it was important enough to fix before release. That, and a lot of other stuff too. What a shame, because the game is **** fun, it's just rough around the edges and needs some polish. It seems they're more concerned with 'fixing' things that weren't broken in the first place, like ship hull icons, rather than going after real issues.

My favourite inconsequential bug is how your generals wives seem to be able to pump out a ridiculous amount of children in FOTS. I guess they didn't adjust the multiplier or something to reflect the more turns per year. It doesn't matter because the new children will never come of age in the campaign, but it's still pretty funny.
  • bggeneralbggeneral Senior Member Posts: 201Registered Users
    edited May 2012