Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos Dwarfs will be the last race added

NeoYasNeoYas Registered Users Posts: 927
Hello everyone.

Sorry to disapoint you but everything points to that, if new races should have their own territory on the story campaign to be added, the map does not include it, there is no nippon territory, no ind territory, nothing, with the exception of Chaos Dwarfs, so the latter is the only race that you can expect. The story campaign was designed to be a lord packs bascket, just look how they added Empire territory and some of Warhammer one LL's, their intentions are clear. I don't expect them them to add combined map exclusive races, that would be a move against their own game, depriving people who own only WIII from new races.

I didn't forget Dog of Wars, but they are very unlikely too, Tilea isn't on the story map and there is only one empty spot left on the races screen

That means 5 or 6 races will be out of the game, prepare for a LP's rain.
Tagged:

Comments

• SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 321
    Dogs of War are all but confirmed
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 321
    edited February 27
    There’s literally nothing stopping them from adding scrolling to that faction selection box.

We had one in WH2 for the LL selection and there’s one on the right for faction info.

Edit: Also, the Russian interview before release mentioned that they plan on Immortal Empires only DLC. Wether that was an exact translation though, who knows?
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 648
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 1,029
    Because surely there is no space for factions such as Hobgoblins, expeditions of TEB, or anything of that form. And a map can never be extended ;)

I don't think they'll stop after 1 faction. In addition, if you add 2 factions, you get 25 factions which is dividable by 5, hence the 3 x 8 table could be changed to a 5 x 5 square table. I see no issues here
    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Araby, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.

#JusticeForTzeentch.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,296
    You've never seen a scrollbar in your life ?

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,296

CA couldn't possibly make that box bigger or use a scroll bar?

They totally can.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,691
    Neodeinos said:

CA couldn't possibly make that box bigger or use a scroll bar?

They totally can.
    I had a feeling they could.
  • more-morewarpstonemore-morewarpstone Registered Users Posts: 313
    They can easily adjust that.
  • Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 222
    All army books will be in the game. The dogs of war have an army book, so they're guaranteed.

Then depending on what Games Workshop allows, we can have IND and KURESH. But I think they're idiots if they don't take advantage of people's hype to get money.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,270

Edit: Also, the Russian interview before release mentioned that they plan on Immortal Empires only DLC. Wether that was an exact translation though, who knows?

It was clarified that no, there will not be Combined Map-only campaign packs.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,712
    After Chaos Dwarfs are added I so badly want Dogs of War as a campaign/race pack. CA it's money on the table. No reason for you not to grab it.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    They'll add another row to that box.

Chaos Dwarves
    Dogs of War, Legions of Undeath, Hobgoblin Khanate

...Araby, Khuresh, Ind.
  • KhorneBullKhorneBull Registered Users Posts: 323
    You made a angy.
  • SpearmenSpearmen Registered Users Posts: 169
    I want Dogs of War and Araby (Chaos Dwarfs are obvious).
    I don't care about warhammer India, Japan and SEA though. If you want Khuresh go play Diablo 2 Act 3. It has Dark India/Khmer vibe in it.
    I'm not interested in Albion as well.

Ready for war.
  • Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    So, let me understand this... they should have, from the beginning, designed the interface to accomodate for future races, whose exact number isn't even programmed at the moment, leaving ugly empty columns on the sides, instead of changing it alongside new releases, an operation that's going to take more or less five minutes and that you yourself could actually do without any previous knowledge of coding, just by changing a couple of numbers and a static pic?
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,319
    I've seen some bad takes on this forum, but this might be the winner.
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 1,212
    edited February 27

There’s literally nothing stopping them from adding scrolling to that faction selection box.

We had one in WH2 for the LL selection and there’s one on the right for faction info.

They don't even need to add scrolling lol there is tonnes of room on that screenshot for more races - they could easily double the number of races on that dropdown menu
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 514
    Or they'll just add another layer to the roster if they make another race. Also, Tilea not being on the map doesn't mean Dogs of War won't be added, they're a mercenary faction so anything short of starting in the Chaos Wastes would make sense for them, they can always be moved over to Tilea in Immortal Empires.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,386
    Nihil515 said:

All army books will be in the game. The dogs of war have an army book, so they're guaranteed.

Then depending on what Games Workshop allows, we can have IND and KURESH. But I think they're idiots if they don't take advantage of people's hype to get money.

CA only 'guaranteed' that all 8th edition armybooks would be in the game.

Older armybooks are ofc welcome. But they are far from 'guaranteed'.
  • DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 859
    edited February 27

I hold out hope for my Khuresh, Ind, and Nippon brethren. I stand with you.
    The sage never tries to store things up.
    The more he does for others, the more he has.
    The more he gives to others, the greater his abundance.
    The Tao of heaven is pointed but does no harm.
    The Tao of the sage is work without effort.

• MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,102
    Valkaar said:

Nihil515 said:

CA only 'guaranteed' that all 8th edition armybooks would be in the game.

Older armybooks are ofc welcome. But they are far from 'guaranteed'.
    Unfortunately, this is true, even if it is unpleasant.

Hopefully the Dogs of War will get in regardless.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 475
    Want as many new races as possible (Chaos Dwarves, DoW, Ind, Araby, Albion, ... you name it!)

Even though Quality > Quantity, and there's still a lot to be done for the already existing races within the game.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 11,810
    Every game has had at least two new races so far.

Not sure why I'm getting disagrees for a statement of objective fact. If any of you have an actual argument against the inclusion of DoW I'm waiting to hear it.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,691

Not sure why I'm getting disagrees for a statement of objective fact. If any of you have an actual argument against the inclusion of DoW I'm waiting to hear it.
    The may come and equally they may not come, I wouldn't say it's confirmed however.

The may come and equally they may not come, I wouldn't say it's confirmed however.
    They have an army book. They are the last army book race not yet in game, after chaos dwarfs, who only actually had one on a technicality.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,102

They have an army book. They are the last army book race not yet in game, after chaos dwarfs, who only actually had one on a technicality.
    I mean, I'd say they're pretty likely all things considered but they definitely aren't "all but confirmed." There's a possibility they might not be added.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept

I mean, I'd say they're pretty likely all things considered but they definitely aren't "all but confirmed." There's a possibility they might not be added.
    Why are people even assuming that we will get chaos dwarfs? Even though there are files referencing them in the game code there's still a possibility that we won't get them. Why are people assuming that we'll be getting lord packs? There's a possibility that we won't get any. There's also a possibility that CA will come out and say that the game is finished and all future DLC is cancelled. So we should just stop discussing DLC altogether since there's a possibility we won't get any.