Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

camera stuck

ExeTickExeTick Junior MemberPosts: 11Registered Users
edited February 2015 in Total War Eras Support Forum
I already posted this somewhere else.

on Singelplayer my camera got stuck on 2 saved games. only way to fix it to restart when it wasnt this bug. its really anoying.

I have 2 saved games where I cant move the camera on the campaign map, not with my mouse WASD. Only way to
move around is to use the minimap.
Post edited by ExeTick on

Comments

• ExeTickExeTick Junior Member Posts: 11Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I tried to change my keys now (WASD) to my arrow keys and that didnt work.

I have no clue what the problem could be here. most likely game related that only shogun 2 FOTS developers can fix.

the wierd thing here is that WASD keys is working during naval and land battle. but not on the
    campaign map
  • PorT_LoboPorT_Lobo Junior Member Posts: 27Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    I had the same problem today..... and like it is a legendary campaign my game is over!!!!

That sux!

Is there any way to solve it or we must wait next patch? My guess is that is an error created with last patch, that never happened to me b4 and i played several campaigns....
    edited April 2012
    there was a EDF editor out there but its outdated and not working.

with that one you could turn your camera on and off.
    edited April 2012
    My guess is that only monday CA staff will come to work and will answer something......
    edited April 2012
    yes I think so aswell. well hopefully they fix this because its really anoying using the minimap to go around the campaign map..
    edited April 2012
    It is impossible to play without arrow keys.... i really hope it would be fixed....
    edited April 2012
    well its not impossible but REALLY annoying. atleast it works in battles.
  • daniudaniu Senior Member Posts: 2,081Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    ExeTick wrote: »
    there was a EDF editor out there but its outdated and not working.

with that one you could turn your camera on and off.
    You mean ESF?
    There's a new one available now if that helps: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=534721
    edited April 2012
    that was a new one :) I will try that one.

now my camera is ****** up even more. it turned 90 degres right.. and I cant change it.
    edited April 2012
    its working!!! :D just find campaign camera and set 1 to 0 and you reset your camera.

thank you very much daniu :)
    edited April 2012
    Why no one of CA/SEGA answer here????
  • Griffinator CAGriffinator CA Creative Assembly Posts: 506CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    edited April 2012
    port perhaps they are currently trying to sort out crashes and hard locks rather than trying to sort out camera things if you look above your last post there was a person who seemed to have the awnser
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited April 2012
    It seems so, ExeTick wrote the post at same time than me...... anyway, i did the download but now i don't know what to do :(.....
  • daniudaniu Senior Member Posts: 2,081Registered Users
    edited April 2012
    PorT_Lobo wrote: »
    It seems so, ExeTick wrote the post at same time than me......
    Yes, two days earlier is essentially simultaneous...
    anyway, i did the download but now i don't know what to do :(.....
    Start the EditSF.exe, select File->Open, select your save game, in the tree open CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME, then COMPRESSED_DATA, then CAMPAIGN_ENV, then CAMPAIGN_CAMERA_MANAGER. Below that is the CAMPAIGN_CAMERA.
  • DureonDureon Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited June 2012
    This solution worked for me as well
  • LindornLindorn Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited September 2013
    port perhaps they are currently trying to sort out crashes and hard locks rather than trying to sort out camera things if you look above your last post there was a person who seemed to have the awnser

I hope this doesnt come off as sounding rude, but when you say something like this it really makes me think you're out of touch with the players here. The solution provided isn't an "answer" it's a clever workaround/hack at best.

And to make a comment like "maybe they're focused on the important things" is true from a pure prioritization standpoint, but it doesn't fix the fact that this is borderline game breaking for most total war fans and ruins the experience. It takes one of your hands out of the game entirely. I think a heightened sensitivity and humility are probably super helpful here.
  • NTDangNTDang Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2013
    i still have this problem why hasnt this been patch yet? and i totally agree with lindorn.
    I was wondering why i haved quitted the game so I started up RTW and i knew exactly why again -.-.
    SOOO frustating, and the so called link to the solution is pretty outdated,
    pls fix this bug, its almost 2014! -.-, and you guys havent even patch it yet
    and some one send a me link cause i cant find it on the "solutiion site":(
  • KukhriKukhri Junior Member Posts: 6Registered Users
    edited February 2014
    This thread is almost a year old and the problem has still yet to be resolved. My camera is stuck in multiplayer campaign and I don't understand the workarounds that were posted at all. One more ridiculous bug of dozens.
  • AndraxAndrax Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited December 2014
    My campaign camera just locked up rendering my campaign essentially unplayable, are you ever going to bother to fix this?

I'm never buying a Total war game again. Absolutely ridiculous how bad this release is.
  • TimothySielbeckTimothySielbeck Junior Member Posts: 4Registered Users
    edited January 2015
    Don't know how or why this worked but it did.

I went to the link inpost #1of this thread, http://steamcommunity.com/app/34330/discussions/0/846944052828693987/. Then in the 23rd post of that link I followed it to another editor EditSF v1.1.1 and tried resetting the camera manager to "0."

This had no effect.

I then validated my game files and lo-and-behold!!

The camera is now functioning normally in the campaign screen.

Hope this works for others.
  • wawj1wawj1 Junior Member Posts: 26Registered Users
    edited February 2015
    creative assembly, i still see you haven't said anything back to my posts about the wasd key bug in my rome total war ii game. I have waited patiently for a couple weeks now and have not received any help or response. Something from you guys would be awesome on my problems with the rome total war ii emperor edition for my mac os x. I am loosing faith in you guys. ****.