Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

This week we will have roadmap news for this year?

2»

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 34,880
    MrDragon said:

Speaking as somebody who is positively in love with Elden Ring... I see no reason to really bring it up in relation to Warhammer 3 much. There very much is an overlap in audience, trust me, all of my Warhammer friends are ALSO playing Elden Ring. But we also still make time to play the co-op campaigns we started before Elden Ring launched and are waiting with baited breath for Chaos Dwarfs and Immortal Empires.

So let's not praise/bash it here in a forum dedicated to Total War Warhammer. There's an off-topic section for that I believe, or just go to the appropriate reddit or discord.

Warhammer 3 is still getting decent amounts of play, including from me and my Elden Ring loving friends.
    Monday I was in our chaos 4 stack, all the four monogods in a single co-op campaign and yesterday I was playing Greasus together with Double Dragon in a 3 stack.

Now as for the actual topic. I'd give CA at least a month post-launch to publish a road map and as has been pointed out, I'd like the focus to be on bug-fixing. Yes I'm having fun with Warhammer 3 but damn if it doesn't lack some polish.

They should focus on Bugs and the Roadmap at the same time.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,446
    ArneSo said:

MrDragon said:

Speaking as somebody who is positively in love with Elden Ring... I see no reason to really bring it up in relation to Warhammer 3 much. There very much is an overlap in audience, trust me, all of my Warhammer friends are ALSO playing Elden Ring. But we also still make time to play the co-op campaigns we started before Elden Ring launched and are waiting with baited breath for Chaos Dwarfs and Immortal Empires.

So let's not praise/bash it here in a forum dedicated to Total War Warhammer. There's an off-topic section for that I believe, or just go to the appropriate reddit or discord.

Warhammer 3 is still getting decent amounts of play, including from me and my Elden Ring loving friends.
    Monday I was in our chaos 4 stack, all the four monogods in a single co-op campaign and yesterday I was playing Greasus together with Double Dragon in a 3 stack.

Now as for the actual topic. I'd give CA at least a month post-launch to publish a road map and as has been pointed out, I'd like the focus to be on bug-fixing. Yes I'm having fun with Warhammer 3 but damn if it doesn't lack some polish.

Problem with that is we know what happens when CA pushes forward with new content without taking forward the fixes.
    For example, we've lost the missile grace period from TWWH2, the supply lines bug is back, TWWH2 cavalry is better than TWWH3 cav etc etc.
    This stuff needs to be better synced up and perhaps slowing down the churn implementation will stop recurring problems from coming back.
    MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

MrDragon said:

Problem with that is we know what happens when CA pushes forward with new content without taking forward the fixes.
    For example, we've lost the missile grace period from TWWH2, the supply lines bug is back, TWWH2 cavalry is better than TWWH3 cav etc etc.
    This stuff needs to be better synced up and perhaps slowing down the churn implementation will stop recurring problems from coming back.
    The people doing the roadmap and people currently fixing the bugs aren't the same tho.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,409
    I'm curious, was anyone seriously expecting a future content roadmap barely two weeks after release?
    Was there a Tweet or post from CA that I missed that gave that impression, as it seems to me awfully soon to be expecting anything of the kind. Wouldn't expect that for at least a month, myself, considering how CA is the gaming equivalent of the Catholic Church in it's speed of movement in the right direction.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
    Arsenic said:

I'm curious, was anyone seriously expecting a future content roadmap barely two weeks after release?
    Was there a Tweet or post from CA that I missed that gave that impression, as it seems to me awfully soon to be expecting anything of the kind. Wouldn't expect that for at least a month, myself, considering how CA is the gaming equivalent of the Catholic Church in it's speed of movement in the right direction.

They said we will get a roadmap 1-2 weeks after release.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    I think CA implied that the roadmap would be delayed a bit in one of their bug posts.

We also know that some of you are super keen on getting information about our upcoming content plans and roadmap into the future, which we’re also excited to share with you! For now, we want to focus on making sure we are helping those who are having a less fun time with WARHAMMER III as we establish a strong baseline for the game. We haven’t forgotten about the roadmap and will come back to our originally planned updates as soon as possible!

At least, that's how I read it.

It definitely would not hurt if they gave us any more info on what we should expect and more or less when, but I won't hold my breath. CA are probably trying to figure out what can be fixed faster and what will require more work, and how to do it all without different teams stepping on each other's feet, hence the hush hush since the first hotfix.

There might be a patch next week fixing a bunch of random minor bugs (stuff that is literally just a mistyped entry in a table) and maybe making some small improvements on optimization, just like we could get nothing else for 3-4 weeks in an attempt to publish a more substantial optimization improvement all at once.

At this point, I doubt we will get the roadmap before they publish any more patches. It would not be good PR with all the people suffering from major optimization issues or willing to play one of the campaigns that are compounding serious upon serious bugs (like Slaanesh's).
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,446
    ArneSo said:

MrDragon said:

ArneSo said:

MrDragon said:

The people doing the roadmap and people currently fixing the bugs aren't the same tho.
    The road map is contingent on the developer forecast, so while technically speaking, you are correct, being correct here is also largely irrelevant. Any and all development staff teams need to communicate and pass new pieces of code used in bug-fixing back and forth and that will slow down the process of future content. Meanwhile marketing is dependant on this progress if they want to give us a roadmap that's worth a damn in terms of information or even relative accuracy.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,401
    Neodeinos said:

Slugus said:

Why do people keep publicising Elden Rings on this forum?

It's the latest big release, there are always some people to say "X big release will hurt Warhammer" even though this is targeted at a completely different audience.
    Ah I remember the good old days: "Oh my god Cyperpunk was postponed to december!!! CA will now postpone the next WH2 DLC!!!!!"
    Sigmar protect us all...

• Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 317

Lol elden ring is overhyped. Gets boring very fast

Elden Ring is actually a very good game. It's like 5 souls games put into one. It's madness how big it is.

However, Warhammer 3 will give me WAY more playtime than Elden Ring ever will (even with DLC) so I'm waiting for any news regarding Warhammer 3.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457
    ArneSo said:

Equix said:

WW3 player count is dropping beyond shaming levels.

????
    It’s still a good number considering that most players finished their 1-2 narrative campaigns and now wait for patches and IE.
    Yeah I'm sure most players have finished 2 campaigns....rofl.
    Glory matters not.

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,216
    edited March 2
    Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????
    It’s still a good number considering that most players finished their 1-2 narrative campaigns and now wait for patches and IE.
    I've finished two and it was **** painful.

Now I'm using a mod to remove the rifts and I enjoy the game 1000 times more.

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Yeah but simply by virtue of being here, you are not the average player. None of us are. The average player is not going to finish their campaigns in this game.
    Glory matters not.

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Yeah but simply by virtue of being here, you are not the average player. None of us are. The average player is not going to finish their campaigns in this game.
    Finished or not, my point was that many players played the game for good and now wait for the combined map.

You can only play the narrative campaign so many times before it becomes annoying and repetitive.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,216
    Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Yep, I definitely expect the average player to not finish a single campaign because the rifts are cancer.

ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Finished or not, my point was that many players played the game for good and now wait for the combined map.

You can only play the narrative campaign so many times before it becomes annoying and repetitive.
    Yeah, great game.
    Glory matters not.

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Yeah, great game.
    Dude it was literally the exact same back in WH2.

The narrative campaign and the rifts are trash yes. They are pure cancer. But the game itself is amazing and once IE is out, the silly narrative doesn’t matter anymore.

And stuff like the AR can easily be fixed, we had the same issue in WH2 as well.

WH3s foundation is great, now let’s wait for IE, some patches and more content and everything will be fine.
    ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Yeah, great game.

The narrative campaign and the rifts are trash yes. They are pure cancer. But the game itself is amazing and once IE is out, the silly narrative doesn’t matter anymore.

And stuff like the AR can easily be fixed, we had the same issue in WH2 as well.

WH3s foundation is great, now let’s wait for IE, some patches and more content and everything will be fine.
    No, its actually WORSE than WH2, and you would know that if you thought about it or played on release.

The Narrative is worse.
    The Campaign is worse.
    The Sieges are more annoying than literally anything in Game 2 on release, and you have to fight them EVERY SINGLE BATTLE against a city in Game 3.

Can it be fixed?! ABSOLUTELY.

So CA needs to fix this stuff, because Game 3, which I seem to need to remind you IS the Narrative, IS the Campaign, and IS all these obnoxious sieges, actually is just not fun.
    Glory matters not.

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2
    I have finished 2 campaigns (and continue to play them after I finished the race for the souls) and a third that I quit 3/4 souls.

I also tried to start 2-3 more campaigns but gave up on them because I don't want to deal with the race again !

I want to play the game (True I have some problems with it, but I still want to play it). But the map, the starting positions and most of all the race for the souls... Is stoping me.

So a Road map will help with this, MODS(workshop) will REALLY help with this, damn from what I hear there are mods in CA discord that fix bugs and other things...
    I want a Roadmap so I know - should I delete WH3 and redownload WH2, or there will be something "soon" so I should just wait (and to know what is next ofcourse)?

IE will be the "Struck gold" content ! Because not only can you play the WH3 races and interact with all old races (and LLs) but you can also play as the old races and interact with the new races...

For example: I wanna play Khorne and go over to Ulthuan! Or to play DE and ally with Slaanesh and skaven (and get those outposts)...
    Question:Presumably you’ve needed to create a huge number of new Daemon units to properly flesh them out and give them their own armies?
    Answer:IR: What you’ve just said is so true,
    Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

Neodeinos said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

Equix said:

????

Yeah, great game.

No, its actually WORSE than WH2, and you would know that if you thought about it or played on release.

The Narrative is worse.
    The Campaign is worse.
    The Sieges are more annoying than literally anything in Game 2 on release, and you have to fight them EVERY SINGLE BATTLE against a city in Game 3.

Can it be fixed?! ABSOLUTELY.

So CA needs to fix this stuff, because Game 3, which I seem to need to remind you IS the Narrative, IS the Campaign, and IS all these obnoxious sieges, actually is just not fun.
    The narrative is worse yes.

Sieges are an improvement and better than whatever we had back in WH2. Are they perfect? No. But definitely an improvement.
    ArneSo said:

Sieges are an improvement and better than whatever we had back in WH2. Are they perfect? No. But definitely an improvement.

No, they literally are not.

The AI is WORSE.
    The Pathing is WORSE.
    The Resource/Tower Defense/Pop-Up obstacles are all WORSE.

They are repetitive, time consuming, and the AI of our own units and the enemy, regularly fails!

In what way is this actually better?!
    Glory matters not.

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

The AI is WORSE.
    The Pathing is WORSE.

They are repetitive, time consuming, and the AI of our own units and the enemy, regularly fails!

The pop ups are bad yes but overall sieges are objectively more fun than the trash we had in WH2.

Minor settlements are a new feature and need some tweaking yes, but overall a good addition.
    ArneSo said:

Surge_2 said:

ArneSo said:

The AI is WORSE.
    The Pathing is WORSE.

The pop ups are bad yes but overall sieges are objectively more fun than the trash we had in WH2.

Minor settlements are a new feature and need some tweaking yes, but overall a good addition.
    What is better?

It is not the AI. It is not the pathing. It is not the pop up towers or resource system.

What is better?
    Glory matters not.

• LukeWar86LukeWar86 Registered Users Posts: 44
    Hopefully tomorrow we will get the Roadmap. I just want IE and then I can ignore chaos realms and story campaigns forever (I know you can mod them out but I also really dislike IIIs map)