Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So 1-2 weeks means the last day of two weeks..

2

Comments

  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457
    Djau said:

    Gaming on a laptop? lol.

    Yeah, 144hz refresh, played Doom Eternal with zero issues, zero frame rate issues, and had zero issues with Game 3 load times, without even trying to play with settings. Why not?

    The 'lol' is that CA released a patch that actually degraded already questionable performance.

    Smol Indy, please remember.
    Glory matters not.

  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 177
    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.
  • ManpersalManpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,922
    edited March 2
    ArneSo said:

    Surge_2 said:

    mm3791 said:

    The hotfix fixed the major issues, if you're still having issues then maybe it's time to retire that 1998 Gateway PC

    It actually decreased performance on my laptop. I was at 70FPS in the benchmarks before, now I'm at 45...
    Then don’t play on a laptop duh.
    You know, now I have both a laptop and a desktop, but since I spend my life between two countries I've only had a laptop for a while. And by the way, I also think that I'm having more crashes -on my laptop, which I got in september- since the patch. Now I'm home and I'll see how it runs on the desktop.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457
    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Right, so my personal experience that my laptop has handled every game for the last 2 years, and handled my first campaign with no performance issues, only to see performance DROP after the patch, means little to nothing, because 'laptops are not ideal for gaming'.

    smol indy company, they will get it in a year or 2 I guess.
    Glory matters not.

  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,216
    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Laptops are not as ideal as desktop computer but they can still do the job decently, you'll probably have to pay more though.

  • mm3791mm3791 Registered Users Posts: 177
    edited March 2
    The people who complain about performance on their craptop are holding up Immortal empires for the rest of us

    Buy a real rig and stop bothering the dev team
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457
    Neodeinos said:

    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Laptops are not as ideal as desktop computer but they can still do the job decently, you'll probably have to pay more though.
    I did, which was worth it because I wanted the portability.

    Its just shoddy code, the laptop isnt the issue.
    Glory matters not.

  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 15,216
    mm3791 said:

    The people who complain about performance on their craptop are holding up Immortal empires for the rest of us

    Buy a real rig and stop bothering the dev team

    You do realise that many people have issues on very good rigs, right ?

  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457
    mm3791 said:

    The people who complain about performance on their craptop are holding up Immortal empires for the rest of us

    Buy a real rig and stop bothering the dev team

    Are you literally not reading?

    I was at 70+ FPS in my first campaign and the benchmarks.

    I am at 40 FPS now, since the patch.

    The laptop did not change, what did?
    Glory matters not.

  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    Surge_2 said:

    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Right, so my personal experience that my laptop has handled every game for the last 2 years, and handled my first campaign with no performance issues, only to see performance DROP after the patch, means little to nothing, because 'laptops are not ideal for gaming'.

    smol indy company, they will get it in a year or 2 I guess.
    Your personal experience is also drawn into question because you’ve bandwagoned onto every complaint about the game so far.

    So when you’re saying this game will be no good until IE in one thread then acting the victim due to the last patch, it becomes an eye roll of a read
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457

    Surge_2 said:

    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Right, so my personal experience that my laptop has handled every game for the last 2 years, and handled my first campaign with no performance issues, only to see performance DROP after the patch, means little to nothing, because 'laptops are not ideal for gaming'.

    smol indy company, they will get it in a year or 2 I guess.
    Your personal experience is also drawn into question because you’ve bandwagoned onto every complaint about the game so far.

    So when you’re saying this game will be no good until IE in one thread then acting the victim due to the last patch, it becomes an eye roll of a read
    I'll have you know I started the complaints about Minor Sieges. ;)
    Glory matters not.

  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 3,328
    mm3791 said:

    The people who complain about performance on their craptop are holding up Immortal empires for the rest of us

    Buy a real rig and stop bothering the dev team

    The people who complain about others complaining about performance don't seem to realise that a game doesn't sell enough copies to be viable unless it works on a range of machines. And that the comment is talking about how a patch decreased performance, so the game clearly is capable of running on that user's hardware.

    Be grateful you have the machine you have and stop bothering people who aren't as fortunate.
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 1,024
    MrDragon said:

    Was it really "1-2 weeks"?
    I recall something like "in the weeks following release" but I may be in error. Can somebody track down the quote?

    Afaik this is the most recent quote of CA regarding the roadmap:

    [...]. We also know that some of you are super keen on getting information about our upcoming content plans and roadmap into the future, which we’re also excited to share with you! For now, we want to focus on making sure we are helping those who are having a less fun time with WARHAMMER III as we establish a strong baseline for the game. We haven’t forgotten about the roadmap and will come back to our originally planned updates as soon as possible!

    source: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/307834/total-war-warhammer-iii-ca-recap-hotfix-timeline/p1

    So I don't know where people get the 'within 1 or 2 weeks' quote from, but it was probably before launch. This is the most recent post I could remember mentioning the road map.

    Races I'd like to see, in order of preference: Chaos Dwarfs, Southern Realm/ DoW, Araby, Nippon, Hobgoblin Kharnate, Kuresh, Ind.

    #JusticeForTzeentch.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,457

    And that the comment is talking about how a patch decreased performance, so the game clearly is capable of running on that user's hardware.

    At least someone around here reads.

    I havent even been complaining about performance, the issue is the patch literally made it worse!

    Glory matters not.

  • LukeWar86LukeWar86 Registered Users Posts: 44
    MrDragon said:

    Was it really "1-2 weeks"?
    I recall something like "in the weeks following release" but I may be in error. Can somebody track down the quote?

    that is what I remember too... must be Tzeentchs trickery I guess
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 9,848

    Silence!

    You do not understand the magic at CA. They will speak when good and ready and until them you shall sing their praise.

    Lol
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 1,304
    They alrdy said everything may be delayed till the fixes are out
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 435
    And there's me with an 860m Laptop from late 2014 that's still successfully running the game. Doesn't look pretty, but it runs it fine.

    And straight up I will never not have a laptop, no desire for a desktop. The portability is too important to me.
  • mw51630mw51630 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,193
    I too am playing on a laptop. Downgraded graphics, but my FPS is good enough for me. I'm not getting any game crashing bugs or corrupted saves either.

    That said, really dumb to climb onto a forum and say "Game is broken!" when your playing on sub-par specs. Comparing it to WH2 is also pointless, that game is both older and has had several patches.

    If you don't like the game now, stop playing and come back in a month or two. I did that for Rome 2, when I returned the game was actually playable.
  • Kapika96Kapika96 Registered Users Posts: 232
    Really annoying that we haven't got the roadmap yet.

    Especially since I don't have any performance issues whatsoever. Sympathy for those that do will quickly go away if things start getting delayed just because of them...
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,722
    Didn’t they release the statement saying they were working on optimisation and the roadmap is pushed back/ will be after that?
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • busbee247busbee247 Registered Users Posts: 1,307

    Didn’t they release the statement saying they were working on optimisation and the roadmap is pushed back/ will be after that?

    No they released a statement saying they're working optimization but will continue new content as planned simultaneously
  • LyserusLyserus Registered Users Posts: 181
    Last day now, let's wait…
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    Surge_2 said:

    Neodeinos said:

    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Laptops are not as ideal as desktop computer but they can still do the job decently, you'll probably have to pay more though.
    I did, which was worth it because I wanted the portability.

    Its just shoddy code, the laptop isnt the issue.
    I do hate how people on this forum are whiteknighing super hard with strawman arguments at every turn.

    ''Game has performance issues''

    ''Not True, I don't have any therefore obviously most people don't have any and it's only a small minority complaining about it''.

    ''My 3080 laptop says otherwise''

    ''Aha! Found the issue. You are using a sub-part machine, aka a laptop, which is obviously the reason why you are having issues, even thought I run the game on a PC with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti ''.

    ''Campaign has issues and it's frustrating''

    ''Not true, campaign is really fun and awesome, I am enjoying it despite the fact that I am only 30 turns in, therefore my opinion is relevant and yours is not''


    ''There is a huge amount of bugs''

    ''Not true, the game is bug free, I have not seen any bugs yet''

    I guess I kind of understand it since those people run on Copium and the truth hurts, especially if they are the crowd that took one week off work to play WH and found....well this. ME will probably be better, but will it be smoother and less buggy? That remains to be seen. It will certainly be more fun as long as that campaign mechanic garbage does not make it in.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,722

    Didn’t they release the statement saying they were working on optimisation and the roadmap is pushed back/ will be after that?

    No they released a statement saying they're working optimization but will continue new content as planned simultaneously
    I don’t think so.
    Someone will post it again I’m sure.
    I think it said they are working to make players having difficulty to play, then they would do the roadmap.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,722
    KronusX said:

    Surge_2 said:

    Neodeinos said:

    mm3791 said:

    Laptops are not ideal for gaming, I've seen laptops that meet recommended specs for Starcraft 2 and still overheated because the fans couldn't handle it.

    Laptops are not as ideal as desktop computer but they can still do the job decently, you'll probably have to pay more though.
    I did, which was worth it because I wanted the portability.

    Its just shoddy code, the laptop isnt the issue.
    I do hate how people on this forum are whiteknighing super hard with strawman arguments at every turn.

    ''Game has performance issues''

    ''Not True, I don't have any therefore obviously most people don't have any and it's only a small minority complaining about it''.

    ''My 3080 laptop says otherwise''

    ''Aha! Found the issue. You are using a sub-part machine, aka a laptop, which is obviously the reason why you are having issues, even thought I run the game on a PC with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti ''.

    ''Campaign has issues and it's frustrating''

    ''Not true, campaign is really fun and awesome, I am enjoying it despite the fact that I am only 30 turns in, therefore my opinion is relevant and yours is not''


    ''There is a huge amount of bugs''

    ''Not true, the game is bug free, I have not seen any bugs yet''

    I guess I kind of understand it since those people run on Copium and the truth hurts, especially if they are the crowd that took one week off work to play WH and found....well this. ME will probably be better, but will it be smoother and less buggy? That remains to be seen. It will certainly be more fun as long as that campaign mechanic garbage does not make it in.
    I mean, if you don’t have a good computer it’s nobody’s fault but your own.

    I love the actual game. The realms of chaos are garbage. It’s very fun with no rift/realms.

    I’ve had a couple of alt tab crashes before the update (windows key crashes actually). Not now though. Apart from that most bugs I don’t notice. I’m sure they are there though.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • RJCPSRJCPS Registered Users Posts: 530
    mw51630 said:

    I too am playing on a laptop. Downgraded graphics, but my FPS is good enough for me. I'm not getting any game crashing bugs or corrupted saves either.

    That said, really dumb to climb onto a forum and say "Game is broken!" when your playing on sub-par specs. Comparing it to WH2 is also pointless, that game is both older and has had several patches.

    If you don't like the game now, stop playing and come back in a month or two. I did that for Rome 2, when I returned the game was actually playable.

    did you even read his post?!

    Seriously people, read. One more time, read the post.

    His statement was simple: Game was fine, patch came, game is now a little less "fine" than it was. Same system, same specs, same hardware, different game build.

    Stuff happens when you are hotfixing things. Most likely the patch had a wide range of specs were it lead to improvements, and unfortunately had a few builds were it made it slightly worse. It happens, why is the dude taking heat from stating as much? Worse, taking heat from people that respond without reading the post.....
  • Shogun_SanjuroShogun_Sanjuro Registered Users Posts: 317
    ArneSo said:

    Surge_2 said:

    mm3791 said:

    The hotfix fixed the major issues, if you're still having issues then maybe it's time to retire that 1998 Gateway PC

    It actually decreased performance on my laptop. I was at 70FPS in the benchmarks before, now I'm at 45...
    Then don’t play on a laptop duh.
    ArneSo proving once again he's one of the most disagreed with people on these forums.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 3,446
    Nobody has yet to source this 1-2 weeks post from CA yet but we have now seen posts specifying they're working on fixes first. Anybody found this 1-2 weeks post yet?
    Because this just seems like a misremembered quote causing outrage.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,722
    MrDragon said:

    Nobody has yet to source this 1-2 weeks post from CA yet but we have now seen posts specifying they're working on fixes first. Anybody found this 1-2 weeks post yet?
    Because this just seems like a misremembered quote causing outrage.

    Yep, the latest post by ca said they were fixing stuff and had pushed back the roadmap a little.

    But people think they have been shafted. Debacle!
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
Sign In or Register to comment.