Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why is there no patch?

13»

Comments

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,697

I fully expect this game to be abandoned in a few months. We’ll get a “future of TWW3” video in the summer.

Honestly. Do some people on this forum not go outside for fear the sky is going to fall on them?

And what is even more interesting to me are the people who frequent these forums to complain. Literally their only posts are complaints or affirmations to complaints. And they don't even own the game...

I like to think I have decent standards. And I'm no fanboy. I want the game updated and am very eager for the workshop to be released, but I am also an adult who understands that this is a game made by human beings, and as a consequence it is subject to the caprice of the human experience. The makers of this game aren't automatons. And anyone who has worked a serious job knows that there is always some degree of waste, red tape, and general tomfoolery in the workplace.

Some people here need to get with the real world, and if the experience is so intolerable get your money back and find something else that sparks your joy. I make an effort to be as kind as I can be on these forums and guide people toward their better angels. But geez, the world as it is right now and some of you are stamping your feet like children. If, however, you are children... carry on.
    “You are stamping your feet like children”
    Ironic. You’re doing the same thing because some actual fans of the game criticized it. You don’t need to write a paragraph to show off how much of a white knight you are.

I fully expect this game to be abandoned in a few months. We’ll get a “future of TWW3” video in the summer.

Suspect wh3 was expected to have X years of dlc sales, so is worth the investment to fix
    The game could easily be a failure with sega abandoning it. 64% rating on steam. Not easy to fix a reputation.
    Name calling looks bad on you.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • pathstriderpathstrider Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 80

The game could easily be a failure with sega abandoning it. 64% rating on steam. Not easy to fix a reputation.

They could, but that’s a lot to throw away at the first sign of trouble.

History says otherwise - CA generally don’t give up on a game without at least one more try. Especially if there is an”event” release in the offing I.e. immortal empires.

Rome 2 got fixed. Troy got mythos. Even Thrones got a major update.
  • NVNMNVNM Registered Users Posts: 182

History says otherwise - CA generally don’t give up on a game without at least one more try. Especially if there is an”event” release in the offing I.e. immortal empires.

Rome 2 was patched, but it's hardly fixed. And Three Kingdoms got abandoned because they didn't like how little money it made them.
    NVNM said:

Rome 2 was patched, but it's hardly fixed. And Three Kingdoms got abandoned because they didn't like how little money it made them.

Rome 2 was fixed enough to have a high player base years after release. Compared to how it launched that’s as good as it gets.

3k is more complicated- remember it only got dropped after several expansions. My read of that situation was that 3k launch was much more successful then they planned for and the scope of dlc got bigger than the dlc team/investment could handle. So they decided to make another game of it instead - and completely screwed up the process of doing so to a shocking degree.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 858

If this game hasn’t made enough money, and doesn’t continue to make much money (including DLC sales) then they will abandon it. Could easily happen. I don’t remember TWW2 having such an awful release, a mixed rating, and the vortex wasn’t as bad as the TWW3 campaign. It’s not looking promising.
    #JusticeForTzeentch

If this game hasn’t made enough money, and doesn’t continue to make much money (including DLC sales) then they will abandon it. Could easily happen. I don’t remember TWW2 having such an awful release, a mixed rating, and the vortex wasn’t as bad as the TWW3 campaign. It’s not looking promising.

Mixed rating doesn’t mean it’s not made money though. We don’t even know the game pass deal - I doubt it’s as lucrative as the epic one for Troy (which sounds like it basically paid for it) but it’ll probably be substantial.

I dunno what to tell you man, I’m not ruling out the possibility it’ll fail but I’m giving you plenty of reasons why it might not. If you want to keep on glass half empty, go for it.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 923
    We cannot say the game is a fail until Immortal Empires since that will be what CA has planned to be the big deal and the main mode.

There is still the possibility this game will be one of the best strategy games ever made and this possibility will be reality only if Immortal Empires is good and all the major ssues are fixed.

If they screw up IE or\and they don't fix bugs and issues, then we could say it's a fail and disgrace
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 4,697

Honestly. Do some people on this forum not go outside for fear the sky is going to fall on them?

And what is even more interesting to me are the people who frequent these forums to complain. Literally their only posts are complaints or affirmations to complaints. And they don't even own the game...

I like to think I have decent standards. And I'm no fanboy. I want the game updated and am very eager for the workshop to be released, but I am also an adult who understands that this is a game made by human beings, and as a consequence it is subject to the caprice of the human experience. The makers of this game aren't automatons. And anyone who has worked a serious job knows that there is always some degree of waste, red tape, and general tomfoolery in the workplace.

Some people here need to get with the real world, and if the experience is so intolerable get your money back and find something else that sparks your joy. I make an effort to be as kind as I can be on these forums and guide people toward their better angels. But geez, the world as it is right now and some of you are stamping your feet like children. If, however, you are children... carry on.
    Ironic. You’re doing the same thing because some actual fans of the game criticized it. You don’t need to write a paragraph to show off how much of a white knight you are.

Suspect wh3 was expected to have X years of dlc sales, so is worth the investment to fix
    Troll.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,369

Game 1 and 2 had about 50-60% rating when first came out, this is normal.

• ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 858
    Djau said:

Game 1 and 2 had about 50-60% rating when first came out, this is normal.
    That can’t be true for game 2. I don’t recall any issues with that launch. Regardless, TWW1 and TWW2 campaigns were actually decent. I have no interest in going for another game 3 campaign.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
  • drclaw_twdrclaw_tw Registered Users Posts: 289
    Imagine if they abandon the game due to hemorrhaging players. I won't forgive them

They won't abandon it in a few months. Not until they've had a go with ME and lots of DLC content to improve things.
  • BeargodBeargod Registered Users Posts: 262
    Have you ever considered that the current state of the game is the best CA can do?

"Be at peace, for that is all I ever want." - Karl Franz.
  • NVNMNVNM Registered Users Posts: 182
    Beargod said:

Have you ever considered that the current state of the game is the best CA can do?

We know for a fact from Three Kingdoms, Troy and of course WH2 that they CAN do better. Which is why so many people are upset in the first place.
    NVNM said:

Beargod said:

We know for a fact from Three Kingdoms, Troy and of course WH2 that they CAN do better. Which is why so many people are upset in the first place.
    Agreed. The comparison to Troy is almost embarrassing given wh3 seems like step back in some ways (no interactive grass for instance).
  • SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 281
    Small family company with a small team of 843 employees. Please understand, this is the best they can do.