Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

chaos rifts

2»

Comments

• ammo2095#8079ammo2095#8079 Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    It seems to me like some people don't like my poll.
  • ArbitraryDwarfArbitraryDwarf Registered Users Posts: 214
    Why is there no option to shove the rifts up your arse?
  • GBone#4408GBone#4408 Registered Users Posts: 1,380

I think the OP's intentions are obvious.
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    Ummmm. No. Remove the rifts or make them optional. They are an awful mechanic. The game is actually somewhat enjoyable after modding them out.
    Daniel was a mistake.

#JusticeForDaemonsOfChaos
  • PursuingPlayPursuingPlay Registered Users Posts: 36
    I do not know what is worse... the campaign mechanics or Ammo2095's phrasing his poll question to only including options which railroad people into dishonest answers.
  • BloatedCorpse1234BloatedCorpse1234 Registered Users Posts: 238
    edited March 5
    Rifts opening_once_, which would be part of the end game chaos crisis/invasion.

And it has to be an optional setting.
  • GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,319

Waaaay up in there.
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 265
    From my opinion rifts COULD be a neat idea if they are optional. And I do not mean only for IE but for Main Campaign too. Because yes they create a dystopian enviroment where demons are on the rise but for those that do not want it like they do not want the Storm of Chaos in ME they should be able to turn it off.
    The other reason the rifts should be optional is unlike Vortex where if do not play a Vortexracecommander you could ignore the Vortexrace mechanic. But the rifts are unignorable. They affect even those that do not have to enter the chaos realms as the rifts will still appear in your provinces and will corrupt them.
  • azitraxazitrax Registered Users Posts: 128
    Yeah. where's none of the above?
  • OrontesOrontes Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 630
    ammo2095 said:

The Chaos rifts currently allow players to traverse the map freely and explore the Chaos Realm for rewards and complete the quests for souls. This style of play is fresh the Total War series in general, and I think we should see more of it not just in future DLC's, but games in general. They add the extra layer of entertainment necessary in modern games. The more, the merrier.

So, what are your opinions of adding them to IE? should they be added to the second game as well? please, share your thoughts on this idea

There should be a No Rifts option. They are crap.
  • ottakanawaottakanawa Registered Users Posts: 94
    Wheres the remove the rifts and make a good campaign mechanic option?
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,883
    Yes and rifts to IE but make them tied to corruption as others have said.

Remove race for souls and mid battle popups
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • jpawjpaw Registered Users Posts: 19
    No rifts no souls anywhere!
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,682
    Where's the option of playing with no rifts or narrative/sandbox mode? I'd vote for that.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,246
    Honestly, I want the Rifts just so I can use them to fight wherever I want as Skarbrand or Taurox.
    Kneel

• Ethorin#1178Ethorin#1178 Registered Users Posts: 777
    Crajoh said:

Yes and rifts to IE but make them tied to corruption as others have said.

People keep saying this and I keep wondering "ok, so Chaos Races just have rifts all the time I guess..."
    edited March 6

I do not know what is worse... the campaign mechanics or Ammo2095's phrasing his poll question to only including options which railroad people into dishonest answers.

Railroaded to do what, sorry? if you don't like the poll, don't vote. Plain and simple. You're also welcome to make up your own mind about my poll, the rifts and the Soul Race, as I did.

Also, it's actually funny to see the same old crap coming from people bias to removing the rifts at any cost. No explanation for their reasons, no explaining their issues with them. Just the same, old moaning "remove rifts, remove them now, I don't like them". Are you surprised I've made a bias to including the rifts? give me a break. I'm starting to see why CA ignores this community, somewhat. This stuff just gets things nowhere.
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 915
    edited March 6
    I think the rifts in the campaign should be accessable by all your lords (not just LL) and i also think you should be able to gather more than one soul per "rift happening"

In the "IE" campaign for game 3 rifts should be limited as travel options for specific factions. Chaos. Lizardmen. Other factions should have other ways of getting around the map faster, Elves and DE, Norsca could have increased sailing distance. Dwarfes and Skaven could have a long underway, where the army is "frozen" for 2-3 turns but can dig a tunnel 4-5 longer than normal
    I agree, rifts should have all the accessibility and flexibility possible. I see no reason to cap anything, delay anything, when the game is so mutli-purpose and there's is just so much stuff to do.

I won't comment on rifts in IE for the minute, I think other people should speak what they think about that.