Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thank you to the community for showing they won't accept full price early access releases anymore.

Comments

• Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,110
    Mazisky said:

The point has been explained to you multiple times now, so at this point I'm just going to assume that you are intentionally ignoring the point and trolling.

You can repeat several times the same arguments, and "explain" things again and aigain, it doesn't mean I agree with you more than at the beginning, if I don't consider your points valid.
    I know this work both ways.

Let's just say with have unreconciliable definition about what is an early access...

For me early access is a game what is released while the list of features is not what the developpers plan to have at release.

This is different from a game with bugs, or expansions planned in the future.

I have the impression you consider a game with bug, or with a gameplay that the players are criticizing, early access.

In that case, virtually any sofware is early access.

Ignore the "early access" word and change it with "beta", which means content complete but unpolished and not tested enough
    All games release with bugs.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

Mazisky said:

Some of those "I never seen any bug" feel like the good old "the game runs perfectly smooth" from people playing at 13 fps

Zero problems with frames on a 2 year old PC built by an ape.

Going between the RoC and real world it stutters, but I wouldn't consider that a problem.

"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Disciple of the Drybrush

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Mazisky said:

Ignore the "early access" word and change it with "beta", which means content complete but unpolished and not tested enough

I could accept beta a lot more easily than early access. Even if it maybe a bit harsh.

I'm not surprised that the game has bug or flaws, or design choice which are not liked by everyone. This is a rather complex game, and there are a lot of different expectations from many different players.

Maybe CA should propose a more opened beta model to their development.

But if they have a beta, with some times taken to get feedback and improve the game, or if they release the game, and then take some times to get feedback and improve the game, the end result is more or less the same.

• Reeks#2417Reeks#2417 Registered Users Posts: 10,251

Mazisky said:

I could accept beta a lot more easily than early access. Even if it maybe a bit harsh.

I'm not surprised that the game has bug or flaws, or design choice which are not liked by everyone. This is a rather complex game, and there are a lot of different expectations from many different players.

But if they have a beta, with some times taken to get feedback and improve the game, or if they release the game, and then take some times to get feedback and improve the game, the end result is more or less the same.

End result is far from the same, CA currently peddles their releases as finished products when in reality they are more or less in a beta state

They should 110% do closed/open beta realms prior to releasing their products that way the thousands of people who pre-ordered and like doing CA's Quality control could do so, currently after releasing products they are treating ALL their costumers as glorified beta testers like it or not.

It's shady

Simply shady and CA should change their shady policy for the better.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

#JusticeForNurglingForumAvatars
  • ammo2095#8079ammo2095#8079 Registered Users Posts: 1,548
    mupmas said:

Agreed, just too bad that so many hyper-emotional young people exist on both sides of the spectrum. Half the complaint posts are from people who just live to cry and half the defense posts seem like they're on CA's payroll. Whole lotta sense missing from this forum.

Yeah, it's the young peoples fault. Typical Boomer complaining "blame the young ones, this stuff doesn't happen in my day". Just because you this your own way, does not mean you're right.
    Reeks said:

What passive aggressive nonsense. this isnt spyro launching on the ps1. the scope of This game is such that releasing without bugs would take decades. They need, us, the early players, the massess, to find the bugs. Becuase we try **** in mass, we try weird and unique things we break the game and we make those random annomalies happen so that the CA repair teams can find and fix it. There an infinate number of variables in making a game of this complexity.

The response this time has been so much better than it was for 2 great and im sick of pretending that the naysayers in this forum are anything but impatient whiny Children.

There are some problems with the narrative and, sure, the games flawed but it has had less crashes and bugs TW2 did at launch so honestly im impressed with its state. im looking forward to IM when it comes but im in no hurry, i got other **** i can do if i get sick of the portals.

"the game shoudl have been delayed" if it had been delayedyou are the same people that would have been right here having a cry. grow up.

It never ceases to amaze me how well trained some consumers are. CA don't need you to white knight for them - they have a marketing department for that.

There are other, arguably more complex games that release in much better states than CA's products do. By defending them, you are basically admitting they are incompetent.

But you just keep your head in the sane and pretend anyone who disagrees with you are "impatient whiny children."
    Just report him for abuse and move on
    Hahaha, I see what's going on...not cool. Not cool at all. Now people that don't even play the game take advantage of some rules to instigate the flow of conversation to their own liking. Prepare to be reported for anything.
    You know what? I think I'll just avoid saying anything in this thread. It seems like people have plenty to talk about in here...
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

Mazisky said:

''I'm not surprised that the game has bug or flaws, or design choice which are not liked by everyone. This is a rather complex game, and there are a lot of different expectations from many different players.''

Tech tree with 2% replenishment rate or 5 growth to all provinces. Yes, I am sorry for having expectations of common sense when tech trees make me wonder if those devs even play their game.
    ammo2095 said:

Reeks said:

What passive aggressive nonsense. this isnt spyro launching on the ps1. the scope of This game is such that releasing without bugs would take decades. They need, us, the early players, the massess, to find the bugs. Becuase we try **** in mass, we try weird and unique things we break the game and we make those random annomalies happen so that the CA repair teams can find and fix it. There an infinate number of variables in making a game of this complexity.

The response this time has been so much better than it was for 2 great and im sick of pretending that the naysayers in this forum are anything but impatient whiny Children.

There are some problems with the narrative and, sure, the games flawed but it has had less crashes and bugs TW2 did at launch so honestly im impressed with its state. im looking forward to IM when it comes but im in no hurry, i got other **** i can do if i get sick of the portals.

"the game shoudl have been delayed" if it had been delayedyou are the same people that would have been right here having a cry. grow up.

It never ceases to amaze me how well trained some consumers are. CA don't need you to white knight for them - they have a marketing department for that.

There are other, arguably more complex games that release in much better states than CA's products do. By defending them, you are basically admitting they are incompetent.

But you just keep your head in the sane and pretend anyone who disagrees with you are "impatient whiny children."
    Just report him for abuse and move on
    Hahaha, I see what's going on...not cool. Not cool at all. Now people that don't even play the game take advantage of some rules to instigate the flow of conversation to their own liking. Prepare to be reported for anything.
    Calling people who voice complaints about a product for "impatient whiny children" is the definition of abuse...

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

And btw @ammo2095 i'm not instigating the flow of anything, i'm just annoyed at how much personal attacks seem to flow freely from a certain group of the forum users, again and again.

Nurgle is love

Nurgle is life

• BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 915
    Units walking through units is a gameplay change from game 2.

The only chariots being weak are Slaneshes - but they on the other hand are super fast. Its a gameplay choice. The Khorne chariot is not weak AT ALL, neither are Kislevs wagons.

The new campaign with portals is a completely new feature/campaign. There was a backslash to this otherwise very "total war-ish" feature. They have announced changes in the coming patch.

This game is not early acces. Neither a beta.

OP, I think you should adress the community members who agree with you. I deff do not. I will continue to support CA from day one. Theyre the best at what they do.
    Reeks said:

And btw @ammo2095 i'm not instigating the flow of anything, i'm just annoyed at how much personal attacks seem to flow freely from a certain group of the forum users, again and again.

OK, my bad. Yeah you're right, that kind of aggression is unnecessary. But, my reaction to this got the better of me, so I'll pass on the thread. Political state of CA is not my cup of tea anyway.

Sorry, enjoy :)
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I have the impression the main complaints are not "the game is buggy" or "the game is flawed", but actually "the game is not exactly how I would like it"
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,211
    All the odd design decisions, bugs and cut corners most definitely do not deserve full price purchase.

I did not buy the game. But I did get it as a gift. I did not install it. I won't install it until CA finish it. Still, someone did pay for it, and so I can't say that I'm no longer a part of this circus.
  • HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 321

I have the impression the main complaints are not "the game is buggy" or "the game is flawed", but actually "the game is not exactly how I would like it"

I guess I just imagined all of those threads saying "the game is buggy" and "the game is flawed."
    BrynjarK said:

The only chariots being weak are Slaneshes - but they on the other hand are super fast. Its a gameplay choice. The Khorne chariot is not weak AT ALL, neither are Kislevs wagons.

The new campaign with portals is a completely new feature/campaign. There was a backslash to this otherwise very "total war-ish" feature. They have announced changes in the coming patch.

This game is not early acces. Neither a beta.

You're dead right. This junk is practically an alpha.
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,218

Look at the support forum which is exploding.
    Nice try tho
  • SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 326
    BrynjarK said:

"Warhounds walking through Celestial Dragon Guard isn't a bug, it's a feature!"
    ammo2095 said:

You know what? I think I'll just avoid saying anything in this thread. It seems like people have plenty to talk about in here...

Don't give anyone any.... ammo.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 915
    "You're dead right. This junk is practically an alpha."

Dont twist my words.

BrynjarK said:

"Warhounds walking through Celestial Dragon Guard isn't a bug, it's a feature!"
    No its not

• IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 851
    Thats the advantage of marketing to morons, something CA became very good at since WH1.
    They don't ask hard questions or expect quality, just dangle something shiny in front of them and they will throw money at you.
    No wonder CA forgot how to make good games when you just need a marketing department to create a hype to ensure successful sales.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,646

I will spend my money how I want thanks.
    It will be on everything total war Warhammer, day 1 no matter what.
    I like the game.

STOP. PREORDERING. GAMES.

We ('we' being the anti-preorder crowd, regularly dismissed as cranks) tried to tell you, but you fell for marketing hype. We have now been vindicated. You saw the silly trailer of dancing Ogres and slammed your money on the table. If you pre-ordered this ****, you are at least partially responsible. CA have been pulling this crap for years because they keep getting away from it.

Learn from it. DO NOT preorder their next product.

I’m really happy with my purchase. No issues really.
    Can’t wait for the game to get better with more dlcs, which I will get day 1.

Sorry you don’t like your purchase, I am happy with mine.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,646
    Mazisky said:

Some of those "I never seen any bug" feel like the good old "the game runs perfectly smooth" from people playing at 13 fps

I think some of the people claiming not to have experienced frustrating bugs in TWW3 MIGHT be telling the truth. I was one of the lucky ones who had almost no bugs at launch with TWW and TWW2.

No such luck this time around

Zero bugs in my playthrough. Though I can't claim I was looking for them.

Found sieges and the narrative quite bad though.
    I had the alt tab crash a few times.
    I lived through it.
    I like preorders or day 1 purchases.
    Especially of my favourite video game, it’s just the most easy product to decide to buy.

This op is a false and incorrect statement. The community lap up preorders and day 1 purchases.
    More please!
    That means more dlc for me!

Pre-order or purchase day one everyone! It’s good for me!
  • SneedGamingSneedGaming Registered Users Posts: 326

I don't believe that you have actually played the game then. Either that or you have played a tiny amount and just aren't very observant. You can't disband an army without seeing the supply lines bug. You can't use a chariot unit without seeing that their damage output is completely broken. You can't use cavalry and not notice how most of the time they simply knock infantry around without dealing much damage. I also find it hard to believe that you didn't notice how sluggish simply moving infantry around is since they now pause and turn before moving, as this was one of the first things that I noticed when I first started the game. Have you really never experienced enemy units walking through your frontline? Since it happens to me in every siege defense and survival battle. And there is plenty of video documentation of it happening all over the internet. Or that you never had a unit fail to path correctly when navigating a minor settlement, since it seems to happen constantly to everyone else. There's also no way that you didn't experience the extreme bloom and lighting errors present on several maps.

All these are minor and didn't prevent me from playing or enjoying the game. I'm not saying the game is perfect, it has flaws and bugs that will be corrected with time and patches, but not something completly broken or missing that would warrant an "early access" status.

And you are wrong with some of your points. like "I also find it hard to believe that you didn't notice how sluggish simply moving infantry around is since they now pause and turn before moving".

That's exactly the opposite. I just tried that in battle vs AI. I ordered my unit to move to a position with a different orientation. They immediately started moving and turning while moving there. And some youtuber (M4fgaming) spoke about that as soon as the first test they could do with the survival batlte: units being more responsive because of this. While in game 2, they would turn first, and move after.

So... are you sure you are playing the same game?

• HerrSignoreHerrSignore Registered Users Posts: 321

Especially of my favourite video game, it’s just the most easy product to decide to buy.

This op is a false and incorrect statement. The community lap up preorders and day 1 purchases.
    More please!

Babby's first troll. A fair effort.

I don't believe that you have actually played the game then. Either that or you have played a tiny amount and just aren't very observant. You can't disband an army without seeing the supply lines bug. You can't use a chariot unit without seeing that their damage output is completely broken. You can't use cavalry and not notice how most of the time they simply knock infantry around without dealing much damage. I also find it hard to believe that you didn't notice how sluggish simply moving infantry around is since they now pause and turn before moving, as this was one of the first things that I noticed when I first started the game. Have you really never experienced enemy units walking through your frontline? Since it happens to me in every siege defense and survival battle. And there is plenty of video documentation of it happening all over the internet. Or that you never had a unit fail to path correctly when navigating a minor settlement, since it seems to happen constantly to everyone else. There's also no way that you didn't experience the extreme bloom and lighting errors present on several maps.

All these are minor and didn't prevent me from playing or enjoying the game. I'm not saying the game is perfect, it has flaws and bugs that will be corrected with time and patches, but not something completly broken or missing that would warrant an "early access" status.

And you are wrong with some of your points. like "I also find it hard to believe that you didn't notice how sluggish simply moving infantry around is since they now pause and turn before moving".

That's exactly the opposite. I just tried that in battle vs AI. I ordered my unit to move to a position with a different orientation. They immediately started moving and turning while moving there. And some youtuber (M4fgaming) spoke about that as soon as the first test they could do with the survival batlte: units being more responsive because of this. While in game 2, they would turn first, and move after.

So... are you sure you are playing the same game?

I almost care about this.
    No, not really. Haven’t noticed it really.

More please!

Lol, it’s my opinion.
    And check out the numbers of players in the first few days, they don’t lie.

Using pejorative labels may help you feel good, but dismissing me just keeps you in your echo chamber.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927

More please!

Fyi, this guy's been trolling for over a year. It's just that he was banned for a while so people forgot he was a troll a long while ago.

Don't feed the troll.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    Crossil said:

More please!

Fyi, this guy's been trolling for over a year. It's just that he was banned for a while so people forgot he was a troll a long while ago.

Don't feed the troll.
    Says the off topic and personal remarks guy.
    Good contribution.

I’m very happy with my Warhammer purchase btw.
    Next dlc I will throw my money and ask for more!
    KronusX said:

Mazisky said:

''I'm not surprised that the game has bug or flaws, or design choice which are not liked by everyone. This is a rather complex game, and there are a lot of different expectations from many different players.''

Tech tree with 2% replenishment rate or 5 growth to all provinces. Yes, I am sorry for having expectations of common sense when tech trees make me wonder if those devs even play their game.
    In all seriousness, don’t you complain about buffstacking and op stuff?
    If I’ve got you confused with someone else, sorry.
This discussion has been closed.