Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Discussing improvements for the game - for CA devs to see

ammo2095ammo2095 Registered Users Posts: 1,011
edited March 11 in General Discussion
I came up with the idea, of discussing what people want from CA in a thread, for the game developers to see. I've seen a Steam post pasted in a separate thread, which was reviewed by CA. Legitimate information, because it was a CA Developer that answered the post.

So, I think it's suitable to re-visit the topic of what people want from Warhammer 3, right now.

But, if you're going to post, please post ideas and any improvements you want in the game ONLY. Leave opinions, any political stances on CA's releases etc outside of the thread. It's too late for Warhammer 3, anyway. Also, and I know it's hard, don't mention Immortal Empires. It doesn't make sense for developers to decide when content is released, they only design the game, so they wouldn't know anyway. You might also ask, if there is a topic on Steam, why make another one? or, if CA is already approaching the issues, why continue discussing them? the answer simply being, they might have missed something in the thread and it's worth looking into further ourselves.

Also, no trolling please.

So, what improvements would you like to see in Warhammer 3 in it's current state?

I'd like to see the rework of all the marker places in the RoC. They halt and reset movement, preventing the player to finish the race with efficiency.

I'd like to see a rework for the rifts, which would allow the player to use them with all lords in the game. Maybe script the Legendary Lord to initiate the survival battles only, but allow other lords to just explore the realm?

I'd like to see a revamping of the current Legion of Chaos legendary lord. He currently isn't well designed for the late game; can't duel with Skarbrand or N'kari.

I'd like to see one soul per Daemon Prince in the main campaign. So, if the soul is taken by one lord, he has to be beaten, to be captured and campaign to be finished.

Source to Steam page:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1142710/discussions/0/3185739265696329331/?ctp=2#c5144805327244013683

Source to thread:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309588/official-statement-from-ca-not-sure-how-many-noticed-it-but-ill-post-it-anyway#latest

Comments

• IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 851
    edited March 11
    No RoC race. Only you collect souls.
    You trigger when the portals open (either at will or you have to fulfil a quest first, not sure) which triggers a mini chaos invasion from portals (mainly in your territory as the AI won't be able to defend itself against a large onslaught).
    Difficulty in the realms depends on your size , strength and how many souls you have and it should be though.
    Each realm gives extra rewards besides the soul (trait, modifier, etc.).

Winning the campaign gives a different reward depending on the faction (army ability, etc). Also Kislev unlocks Boris (no separate quest battle), Cathay gets Shen-Zoo (maybe starting way up in the NW in Norsca) and Chaos unlocks Belakor (possibly with the forge as its only settlement, having to raid the normal world for its objective while also fending off chaos invasions into the forge and also needing to collect souls)
    Each faction, including the unlockable ones gets its own narrative and cutscenes.
    Post edited by Ixalmaris on
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 291
    Fix Auto-Resolve
    6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. Should be based on Kairos's model, not copy and pasted Sarthorael.

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious.

Champions of Chaos LLs should have been in monogods, but weren't so CA could save money on unique mechanics

• ammo2095ammo2095 Registered Users Posts: 1,011
    Yeah, the autoresolve is unbalanced for the player on Legendary difficulty. It could use some tweaking.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 5,811
    edited March 11
    nyobien said:

Fix Auto-Resolve

I don’t think it’s broken, it’s meant to be punishing I think.

Rifts - player initiation of them appearing is important for player sense of possession and story!

- toggle to turn the mechanic off would be lovely, but devs prob don’t like the idea.

-ai to enter in 2nd round or some other ai limiting factor that ties into player initiation of rifts

- stop them after wining campaign

- something I’ve forgotten….edit-a way to actually stop an ai about to beat you (maybe limit souls so have to get it off someone?)

Pet hate - mini map clutter &. hero banner size on campaign- need toggles/option in settings
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • nyobiennyobien Registered Users Posts: 291

nyobien said:

Fix Auto-Resolve

I don’t think it’s broken, it’s meant to be punishing I think.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/t07jsg/the_effect_of_difficulty_level_on_autoresolve/
    6 years old Lord of Change with unimpressive animations. Should be based on Kairos's model, not copy and pasted Sarthorael.

Remove agents/heroes from the campaign map like Three Kingdoms did. They are not fun and only serve to make the game more tedious.

Champions of Chaos LLs should have been in monogods, but weren't so CA could save money on unique mechanics

• SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,347
    ammo2095 said:

I came up with the idea, of discussing what people want from CA in a thread, for the game developers to see. I've seen a Steam post pasted in a separate thread, which was reviewed by CA. Legitimate information, because it was a CA Developer that answered the post.

So, I think it's suitable to re-visit the topic of what people want from Warhammer 3, right now.

But, if you're going to post, please post ideas and any improvements you want in the game ONLY. Leave opinions, any political stances on CA's releases etc outside of the thread. It's too late for Warhammer 3, anyway. Also, and I know it's hard, don't mention Immortal Empires. It doesn't make sense for developers to decide when content is released, they only design the game, so they wouldn't know anyway. You might also ask, if there is a topic on Steam, why make another one? or, if CA is already approaching the issues, why continue discussing them? the answer simply being, they might have missed something in the thread and it's worth looking into further ourselves.

So, what improvements would you like to see in Warhammer 3 in it's current state?

I'd like to see the rework of all the marker places in the RoC. They halt and reset movement, preventing the player to finish the race with efficiency.

I'd like to see a rework for the rifts, which would allow the player to use them with all lords in the game. Maybe script the Legendary Lord to initiate the survival battles only, but allow other lords to just explore the realm?

I'd like to see a revamping of the current Legion of Chaos legendary lord. He currently isn't well designed for the late game; can't duel with Skarbrand or N'kari.

I'd like to see one soul per Daemon Prince in the main campaign. So, if the soul is taken by one lord, he has to be beaten, to be captured and campaign to be finished.

Source to Steam page:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1142710/discussions/0/3185739265696329331/?ctp=2#c5144805327244013683

Source to thread:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309588/official-statement-from-ca-not-sure-how-many-noticed-it-but-ill-post-it-anyway#latest

Just did a post with basically my ideas too. Will spare you the copy paste here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309603/feedback-concerning-realm-of-chaos-campaign#latest
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,347
    nyobien said:

Fix Auto-Resolve

Auto-resolve scales with difficulty - yes.

However, that alone is not the issue with it. It is not meant to be used as if the player would fight the battle. It is meant to be how the AI would resolve that battle vs another AI. It is a balance tool in the first place.
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber
  • Dave1984Dave1984 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 54
    I'll just copy and paste this for about the third time. Increases the chance CA will see it, I hope.

The following is a mix of my own ideas or my own twist on things that I've read about, that I thought were good ideas.

The Rift Campaign

The one of each soul approach. The idea is that instead of a race for everyone to get all four, there's only one unique soul to be had from each realm of chaos. As long as the player has at least one soul they can't lose the campaign. To get the other souls you'll need to get them from the other legendary lords that have them by defeating them in battle with your legendary lord.

If somehow another legendary lord got all four before you I think they should add in the good old teleport battle to stop them (permanently preferably). By defeating them, you would end up with all the souls.

The rifts themselves I think should be openable by doing a ritual or similar yourself to open your own rift, but only one after each of Ursans roars. So each time the roar happens it will be one potential rift per faction in the race. This way we don't have rift spam and the player wouldn't technically need to go into the realm of chaos at all to win. You could just hunt down the other lords that have them on the campaign map, but could still go into the realm of chaos at your leisure to try and get the other goodies at the risk of madness.

Sieges

There's been alot of good ideas about sieges, but honestly I would be happy if they just got rid of tower defence mode. The towers and barricades should be pre battle only, with the amount of points to spend being determined by campaign map buildings and mechanics.

The resource generation mechanic is taken from survival mode and that stuff should stay in the realm of chaos where it belongs in my opinion.
    ''Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.''
    - Richard E. Howard
  • nord123456nord123456 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 284
    Also for the love of god fix the Tzeentch realm. For the holy love of god.
  • KlausTheKatKlausTheKat Registered Users Posts: 591
    edited March 11
    Sorry if this is disjointed but here's my initial stream-of-consciousness ramblings..

Rifts - Reduce the amount of rifts by about 2/3rds. Randomise which settlements have a rift opening during each window (but have it guaranteed to appear in at least one of three touching regions), have a marker/indicator/popup a few turns prior to announce a rift opening has been detected and where it will be.

Minor settlements..

Tier 1 - Field battle
    Tier 2 - Chokepoint layout
    Tier 3 - Chokepoint layout + Barricades
    Tier 2 + Tier 2 Guardhouse - Chokepoint layout + Towers
    Tier 3 + Tier 2 Guardhouse - Chokepoint layout + Barricades and Towers
    Tier 3 + Tier 3 Guardhouse - Walls, Barricades & Towers.

If we make the souls singularly unique and transferable after capture then no players will ever see/do the survival fights against the realm DP's, you'd just go in the Chaos realms for the Slaanesh/Khorne treats and then wait till the AI has gathered a few souls and then go after them in the normal world. Maybe have it so if you defeat an enemy faction leader that holds a soul they release the soul back into the realm of chaos and make it capturable once more via the survival battle? (This could also end up meaning you'd have to do the same survival battle several times should you keep losing the DP soul... hmmm)

Campaign currency needs a rework too, I mean stuff like Daemonic Glory, Kislev support, Imperial Authority etc... give us more stuff to spend these on once we've maxed out our campaign objectives. At present they feel like a one trick pony, "Fill this Bar!" once you've filled it.... **crickets**

edited March 11
    Get rid of buildable towers/traps etc during battle.
    Have more currency at the start to build a set up and that’s it.

I’ve thought about it a bit more..definitely no towers during battle, @Steph_F_David does suggest traps/barricades during battle. Mmmmmmm maybe that’s ok.
    Minor settlement battles may be better if only at tier 3 settlements or when a garrison is built.
    Not every battle.
  • IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 851
    edited March 11
    Sieges:
    Major: Walls are the last line of defense not the first. Deployables are outside the walls and include, in addition to what we have now, traps and mini fortifications. Defenders can deploy outside the wall. Wall and gate is though to crack without siege equipment or rare siege abilities. Goal for the defender is to keep the enemy away from the wall so that its towers and archers can deal damage and to destroy siege equipment.
    Goal of the attacker is to push through the defense, punch a hole through the wall and capture it which gives the defender a short window to recapture it or he loses.

Walls also protect from instant attrition for x turns.

Minor: Deployables can only be build at the start, to capture you must take the town square but buildings can be damaged on the battlemap and for every control point taken the settlement loses growth for X turns, surplus pops get killed, gets downgraded a level, etc.

Campaign currency needs a rework too, I mean stuff like Daemonic Glory, Kislev support, Imperial Authority etc... give us more stuff to spend these on once we've maxed out our campaign objectives. At present they feel like a one trick pony, "Fill this Bar!" once you've filled it.... **crickets**

Yes! It’s worse than the imperial authority. We need more events to spend it on.
    The rest of the post is spot on as well.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,284
    Rift : I'd like a bit more randomness. Like instead of all the rifts opening the same turn, have 1/3 opening the 1st turn, 1/3 second turn, the rest third turn.
    Agree with the "stopo movement after teleporting in realms". Also fix the fact that after you attack an ennemy (which was on a teleport marker), the ennemy retreat... and instead of being to follow it, you are teleported far from him...
    I'd like other army than LL to be able to go to the realm, but only the LL can do the survival battle. Other armies could be used to try slowing the AI. Only one army in each realm though.

Minor settlement (and major settlement)
    - If Encircle, then attack next turn is always a minor settlement battle
    - If attack immediately, there's a chance to take the defender of guard and fight a land battle. High chance for T1 minor wihout building, and decreasing with Tier or building. For example 75% for T1 minor, 50% for T2 minor, 25% for T3 minor, with -25% chance if garrison building. For major settlement : T1 = 50%, T2 = 25%, T3 = 0%

Deployable:
    - More supply point at start, less later
    - During battle, OK to deploy barricade, but no tower (only pre battle for tower).
    - Reduce damage of tower: they should be weaker than regular wall towers.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 9,932
    Okay, I'll divide this by races to make it more clear.

CATHAY:
    The confederation is botched, it is literally impossible to confederate your other dragon dragon sibling even with absurd amounts of good relations.

The Astromancer would benefit from getting some more abilities, currently the Alchemist is far superior, since not only has one of the best Lores of magic but also has non spell buffs that make it useful even without spells.

Cathayan Dragons should have breath attacks, we even have Zhao Ming using it in some prerelease screenshots.

KISLEV:
    Supporters should have other uses than the political figth, because once you win it they just become useless.

Little Grom needs some fixes to its arc of fire, sometimes it doesn't fire even tho it crearly can when infantry is placed in front of it.

Tzar Guard and Armored Kossars need to be more visually distinct, a cape is not enough.

OGRES:
    Greasus is unable to equip Tyrant specific items and ancillaries, when crearly he should.

Camps should be reworked to have actual garrisons instead of the weird army that you have to recruit units for.

Instead of Greasus wheelbarrow they could have given him a litter carried by 6/8 Gnoblars, we didn't need the actual carpet of Gnoblars, the same way Ku'gath didn't get an actual carpet of Nurglings.

TZEENTCH
    Do something about the Mortal units, cool ideas like Doom Knigths end up being hated because they are just reused WoC assets, a little symbol in the shields is not enough, look at Khorne Warriors for what we expected.

ALL Tzeentch armies should have the Masters of the Elements ability, not only Kairps after unlocking an ability, Tzeetch is literally the God of magic.

KHORNE
    Khorne should have something similar to the BM Bloodgrounds to prevent other Factions from settling razed settlements you purposefully left that way so they would get colonized automatically.

SLAANESH
    Ogres should also be able to be dominated by Slaanesh like Human and Elf Factions, Chaos Ogres are a thing and Slaanesh is also the God of glutonny.

Move Sigvald to Slaanesh ASAP.

NURGLE
    Entrails would have been good, and although I know that won't change in the future, if would have been cool.

Cloud of Flies should also grant missile resist.

DAEMONS OF CHAOS
    Favour needs other uses than to get the gifts, it just becomes useless once you have maxed your path of choice.

Add an actual Tech Tree, in such you have to send favour to progress.

Pump up Godslayers stats, even maxed out he is just weak.

Give Lords in the DoC race a unique red line in the skill tree to buff units from all god's, otherwise the only army that really incentives combined units from the 4 god's is Godslayers.

Give us Daemon Prince Lord option.

GENERAL STUFF

Don't force us into the race for the souls, make it optional

The player should be the one in control of when the rifts appear, or at least make it so we can delay their appearance somehow.

Slaanesh needs other ways to be punishing, because right now you just ignore all the gifts and you are done.

The AI needs to be able to close the rifts.

This is everything that came to my mind for the moment, I'm sure there are other issues other people will point out.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    SusaVile said:

ammo2095 said:

Source to Steam page:

Source to thread:

Just did a post with basically my ideas too. Will spare you the copy paste here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309603/feedback-concerning-realm-of-chaos-campaign#latest
    It's up to you what you do with that post, the thread is not for me, but for the devs as mentioned.

Sorry if this is disjointed but here's my initial stream-of-consciousness ramblings..

Rifts - Reduce the amount of rifts by about 2/3rds. Randomise which settlements have a rift opening during each window (but have it guaranteed to appear in at least one of three touching regions), have a marker/indicator/popup a few turns prior to announce a rift opening has been detected and where it will be.

Minor settlements..

Tier 1 - Field battle
    Tier 2 - Chokepoint layout
    Tier 3 - Chokepoint layout + Barricades
    Tier 2 + Tier 2 Guardhouse - Chokepoint layout + Towers
    Tier 3 + Tier 2 Guardhouse - Chokepoint layout + Barricades and Towers
    Tier 3 + Tier 3 Guardhouse - Walls, Barricades & Towers.

If we make the souls singularly unique and transferable after capture then no players will ever see/do the survival fights against the realm DP's, you'd just go in the Chaos realms for the Slaanesh/Khorne treats and then wait till the AI has gathered a few souls and then go after them in the normal world. Maybe have it so if you defeat an enemy faction leader that holds a soul they release the soul back into the realm of chaos and make it capturable once more via the survival battle? (This could also end up meaning you'd have to do the same survival battle several times should you keep losing the DP soul... hmmm)

I do like the idea of singular souls. I'm not sure what to think of chasing them around the map though...

Daemonic Glory isn't working too well yeah, I spent only about 50 turns in my campaign finishing the whole tech tree. The DP doesn't need the additional Glory buffs imo.
    Just again, because no one else mentions it (maybe no one cares..whelp)

Mini-Map is too cluttered bring back the setting to turn off settlements, lords, rifts ect from mini map.

Hero banners are ridiculously big, with the old hero spam back it can be hard to see an encircled settlement.
    We need a campaign map setting for hero banner size.

CATHAY:
    The confederation is botched, it is literally impossible to confederate your other dragon dragon sibling even with absurd amounts of good relations.

The Astromancer would benefit from getting some more abilities, currently the Alchemist is far superior, since not only has one of the best Lores of magic but also has non spell buffs that make it useful even without spells.

Cathayan Dragons should have breath attacks, we even have Zhao Ming using it in some prerelease screenshots.

KISLEV:
    Supporters should have other uses than the political figth, because once you win it they just become useless.

Little Grom needs some fixes to its arc of fire, sometimes it doesn't fire even tho it crearly can when infantry is placed in front of it.

Tzar Guard and Armored Kossars need to be more visually distinct, a cape is not enough.

OGRES:
    Greasus is unable to equip Tyrant specific items and ancillaries, when crearly he should.

Camps should be reworked to have actual garrisons instead of the weird army that you have to recruit units for.

Instead of Greasus wheelbarrow they could have given him a litter carried by 6/8 Gnoblars, we didn't need the actual carpet of Gnoblars, the same way Ku'gath didn't get an actual carpet of Nurglings.

TZEENTCH
    Do something about the Mortal units, cool ideas like Doom Knigths end up being hated because they are just reused WoC assets, a little symbol in the shields is not enough, look at Khorne Warriors for what we expected.

ALL Tzeentch armies should have the Masters of the Elements ability, not only Kairps after unlocking an ability, Tzeetch is literally the God of magic.

KHORNE
    Khorne should have something similar to the BM Bloodgrounds to prevent other Factions from settling razed settlements you purposefully left that way so they would get colonized automatically.

SLAANESH
    Ogres should also be able to be dominated by Slaanesh like Human and Elf Factions, Chaos Ogres are a thing and Slaanesh is also the God of glutonny.

NURGLE
    Entrails would have been good, and although I know that won't change in the future, if would have been cool.

DAEMONS OF CHAOS
    Favour needs other uses than to get the gifts, it just becomes useless once you have maxed your path of choice.

Give Lords in the DoC race a unique red line in the skill tree to buff units from all god's, otherwise the only army that really incentives combined units from the 4 god's is Godslayers.

GENERAL STUFF

The player should be the one in control of when the rifts appear, or at least make it so we can delay their appearance somehow.

Slaanesh needs other ways to be punishing, because right now you just ignore all the gifts and you are done.

This is everything that came to my mind for the moment, I'm sure there are other issues other people will point out.

What do you mean by the Daemon Prince Lord option?
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 9,932
    ammo2095 said:

CATHAY:

KISLEV:

OGRES:

TZEENTCH

KHORNE

SLAANESH

NURGLE

DAEMONS OF CHAOS

GENERAL STUFF

Generic Daemon Princes should be Lord option, for DoC and for the MonoGods, they are already a thing in custom battles, no reason for them to not be a thing in the campaign as well.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    edited March 11

Mini-Map is too cluttered bring back the setting to turn off settlements, lords, rifts ect from mini map.

Hero banners are ridiculously big, with the old hero spam back it can be hard to see an encircled settlement.

I don't see the issue, honestly. In the game, I mean.

I suppose I could summarise each point in a new thread as to not make them forgotten, in the suggestion section of the forum. When we're done discussing them.

ammo2095 said:

CATHAY:

KISLEV:

OGRES:

TZEENTCH

KHORNE

SLAANESH

NURGLE

DAEMONS OF CHAOS

GENERAL STUFF

Generic Daemon Princes should be Lord option, for DoC and for the MonoGods, they are already a thing in custom battles, no reason for them to not be a thing in the campaign as well.
    I've had no idea. I'm all in for new game additions though.
    Ixalmaris said:

Walls also protect from instant attrition for x turns.

Nice idea.
    Either no attrition until 2nd turn or this idea.
    Instant attrition is not good.
  • kmansp38kmansp38 Registered Users Posts: 220
    Mine are all performance/Technical fix requests:

- low FPS around the Kislev area (seemingly tied to the blizzards on the map)
    - really low FPS on the campaign map when using a resolution higher than 1080P
    - Battlefields with snow are overly bright
    - Selecting units can cause an immediate drop in FPS
    - stuttering issues in larger battles
    - low resolution arrow trails (look REALLY bad)
    i7 9700K
    Nvidia 2070 Super 8GB
    16 GB Ram
    Samsung M.2 1GB
    Windows 10
    By the way, the person from the Steam page that viewed that post was not a developer, but an actual Community Manager...

Didn't mean to confuse anyone, but that's how it is...
    ammo2095 said:

I suppose I could summarise each point in a new thread as to not make them forgotten, in the suggestion section of the forum. When we're done discussing them.
    Nice idea if you have the time/effort.

The issue (I think you mean of my issue) is that on the normal mini map it’s hard to click on an area as all the icons are in the way.
    I can’t even see my ‘cone of vision’ cone on the mini map by turn 10. I need the mini map to navigate quickly around the map and see who owns what fast.

They used to be able to be turned off. Same issue as hero banners on the actual campaign map - I can’t see under the wall of heroes. Where did the slider to change them go?

ammo2095 said:

The issue (I think you mean of my issue) is that on the normal mini map it’s hard to click on an area as all the icons are in the way.
    I can’t even see my ‘cone of vision’ cone on the mini map by turn 10. I need the mini map to navigate quickly around the map and see who owns what fast.

They used to be able to be turned off. Same issue as hero banners on the actual campaign map - I can’t see under the wall of heroes. Where did the slider to change them go?
    I don't. What I've been told about the guy which reviewed the Steam post changes things. If he answers Steam pages but does not answer the community he manages (I'm talking strictly about these improvements, they're all over the place), it's a waste of time to try and suggest anything. Not discouraging anyone, but that's how I see it anyway.

I don't see a point in doing this further...
    ammo2095 said:

ammo2095 said:

I don't. What I've been told about the guy which reviewed the Steam post changes things. If he answers Steam pages but does not answer the community he manages (I'm talking strictly about these improvements, they're all over the place), it's a waste of time to try and suggest anything. Not discouraging anyone, but that's how I see it anyway.

It’s always been this way.
    They check the forums every day, I see them.
    They don’t engage as they get attacked usually, we are the most toxic part of the total war community.
    You have done a positive thing here. Don’t let the negative nellies stop you.
    ammo2095 said:

ammo2095 said:

A ca staff member is here right now actually.