Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would you like more prologues (short story) for each Lord DLC?

AurioDKAurioDK Registered Users Posts: 8
Apart from the usual release in a DLC I would love for CA to release an optional prologue for each Lord addition, I loved the prologue for Kislev and actually gave me a good idea on how to play the faction, Kislev is pretty much straight forward anyway.

Besides, I do love a good story, doesn´t have to be long or complicated, just an introduction to the units/lords released.

Comments

• kaiki_utokyo#9006kaiki_utokyo#9006 Registered Users Posts: 516
    I have to disagree with this idea as I certainly think the developers should focus on the Chao Rifts campaign and IE campaign.
    The prologues are just something additive.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Prologue is also a tutorial. No need to make it more than once. And so no need to make it for other lord.
  • IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 851
    I do not want prologues, I want individual RoC campaigns.
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,079
    I really enjoyed the prologue but will never play it again. I can't imagine it wouldn't be the same with the others. This is why mini campaigns died with game 1.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,240
    Do I want more immersive and flavourful elements in the game? Yes, if and only if models, animations and mechanics won't suffer because of it.
  • TondurTondur Registered Users Posts: 48
    I don't see a point in a prologue campaign in Total War games and much prefer to jump straight into it.

Also you only really ever play the prologue once so it seems like a waste of time and resources.
    I try to make the shortest, concise videos about Warhammer over @ https://youtube.com/channel/UC2J7uEJEM2N39BMVGEjmfcw
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,715
    I liked the prologue campaign for what it was but any sort of mini campaign as DLC is a complete waste of resources.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,715

Do I want more immersive and flavourful elements in the game? Yes, if and only if models, animations and mechanics won't suffer because of it.

The problem is that all that would suffer because of it. BM and WE already proofed that.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Even the prologue campaign was a waste of development time. I would've much preferred a better roster for existing races over that junk, that you will only play once and never again. Or, say, making Daemons of Chaos have actual mechanics and proper roster design, rather than the low effort trash they did with it.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,673
    It was a fun tutorial.
    That’s it.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
    Crossil said:

Even the prologue campaign was a waste of development time. I would've much preferred a better roster for existing races over that junk, that you will only play once and never again. Or, say, making Daemons of Chaos have actual mechanics and proper roster design, rather than the low effort trash they did with it.

You don’t like DoC and the backstory of the DP, we got it.
    edited March 11
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

I know you get it. And it will continue on until he's removed and the race gets done justice, or until the game gets dropped. Why should I stop?
    Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

I know you get it. And it will continue on until he's removed and the race gets done justice, or until the game gets dropped. Why should I stop?
    If that’s really the hill you choose to die on, go on then.
    edited March 11
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

"Die on".... I don't think you understand, these forums are not some place where you can just die on, even if you're actively trolling and everyone can clearly see it.

This isn't some hill to die on, it's forcing you to face the facts. That it's a trash addition that people are ok with for completely trash reasons. And I'll be here to remind you of that until the game is dead.

As for the topic, even the prologue is a massive trash addition. No one on here is gonna play it more than once, and you only got 3 hours at most out of it. The value is not there, and neither will it be there for any more other such scenarios if CA makes them. This trash should've remained in Warhammer 1.
    Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

This isn't some hill to die on, it's forcing you to face the facts. That it's a trash addition that people are ok with for completely trash reasons. And I'll be here to remind you of that until the game is dead.
    Haha classic example for “my opinion is a fact and you are all wrong”. Cute.
    edited March 11
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Try and defend it for once, then. The most I've seen out of people is try and ignore the senselessness of the entire thing.
    Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Try and defend it for once, then. The most I've seen out of people is try and ignore the senselessness of the entire thing.
    I don’t care about it and don’t have to defend it. You are the one asking for a change.

This is a game and not some sort of lore manifest after all. People like the DE and customisation options and CA won’t change it because of 1 angry dude on the internet
    edited March 11
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

I don’t care about it and don’t have to defend it. You are the one asking for a change.

This is a game and not some sort of lore manifest after all. People like the DE and customisation options and CA won’t change it because of 1 angry dude on the internet
    So why are you so bothered when I talk about him?

The truth is that the entire Chaos United faction fails at game design, gameplay and lore implementation. You don't care about lore? Fine, let's talk about how it fails as a proper faction as well as how it has no proper gameplay functions and borrows literally everything from the roster to mechanics from Monogods. Let's talk about how the customization mechanic is completely misappropriated as an LL mechanic, rather than a generic mechanic for all generic lord and heroes and even Legendary characters. Let's talk about how an LL spot was wasted on an invented character who adds nothing to the game, other than a mechanic that is supposed to be a generic mechanic for all characters. Let's talk about how there is no Daemons of Chaos faction, and we've been given a downgraded faction which has no core mechanics or design policy of its own.

Make your choice about what you want to discuss. It's not just lore. Trying to pretend this is just about the lore isn't gonna save you from how stupidly this race and LL were designed. And even then, you guys don't have the lore argument for why this was done like this, it is all just CA making a bad race.

I genuinely want to hear someone actually try to defend this race for once.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 21,452
    Yes, really enjoyed the prologue campaign like most. Would be good to see a short narrative campaign to get to know any new characters, would expect to see it on a more costly DLC though.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 21,452
    ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

ArneSo said:

Crossil said:

Indeed, there's absolutely nothing to suggest the DP narrative is lore breaking as there's a difference between something not being common and something that goes against current lore.
  • KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,124
    The developers should focus on the lords being good fit on the RoC and IE map diverting more recourse to a mini campaign is foolish.

Its already seen that one side usually gets the short end in a LP most times.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • mbaoxmbaox Registered Users Posts: 27
    Nope... developpers should focus on resolving bug and IE campain and not lose time on mini campains.

This is also valid for future dlc for which I like better a additional flc than a minicampain... I did the mini campains for wood elfe and beastman only once and other dlcs were fine without them.

• Theo91#7431Theo91#7431 Registered Users Posts: 2,954
    Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt this is a bad idea. this game is a complete mess because they focused way too hard on narrative and then proceeded to execute it very badly.

People want a bug free immortal empires. They should focus on that
  • BrynjarKBrynjarK Registered Users Posts: 915
    edited March 11
    "I genuinely want to hear someone actually try to defend this race for once."

Im looking forward to deveoping my Chaos Avenger Squad!

My plan is to enter the Khorne realm first and give each of them a weapon, creating a super squad of Deamon heroes. Then Tzench afterwards to grab some banners and cash, then just teleport around killing everybody.
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,764
    I really loved the tutorial story. I'd really like story driven mini campaigns in the same spirit as the prologue, some kind of RPG elements added with voice acting and decisions was great! I'd like them to not be prologues, but real mini campaigns.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • steam_1645121400048jmklDesteam_1645121400048jmklDe Registered Users Posts: 687
    I liked the prologue a ton probably one of the best things about game 3. If they can pull it off with more id love it though it’d have to not be a tutorial as like others have said it’s sort of one and done. Maybe a short few turns on a unique map with some crazy battles setting up their current goals or some sort of disaster leading to their current state knight be fun if it’s skippable just to add some immersive story like the prologue did just without the gameplay basics run through
  • GloatingSwine#8098GloatingSwine#8098 Registered Users Posts: 2,585
    Not really.

It was cool do to once, but after that you want to get on with the real meat of the game.
    edited March 11
    BrynjarK said:

"I genuinely want to hear someone actually try to defend this race for once."

Im looking forward to deveoping my Chaos Avenger Squad!

My plan is to enter the Khorne realm first and give each of them a weapon, creating a super squad of Deamon heroes. Then Tzench afterwards to grab some banners and cash, then just teleport around killing everybody.

Oh yeah, a mix of Daemons right?

Now tell me about their mechanics, about their structures, and about how the entire roster isn't just a massive joke.

Because again, you people don't seem to realize that Daemons of Chaos as a race is a goal, but this is just a horrendous senseless low effort trash that they put out, without anything that would make it into proper Daemons of Chaos. The only, sole reason that it even is good, is because there's no functional alternative race that does it right. The only reason it's good, is because it exists, not because CA actually bothered to do it right.

It has horrible design, horrible gameplay and horrible lore implementation all around. The entire thing is low effort bait to make people think they got more than what they really got. It's trash presented as something of worth. By the same metric you could scrounge up a faction that has all units from Kislev, Empire, Bretonnia, Dwarfs, High Elves and other order races, give you their building trees and make a "create your own champion" mechanic and called it a day. There is no design or sense to this faction. It should have its own mechanics, settlements, well-designed roster with strengths and weaknesses, but instead it's just a mess of stolen mechanics and a blobbed roster with no central design policy. It's trash.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,211
    AurioDK said:

Apart from the usual release in a DLC I would love for CA to release an optional prologue for each Lord addition, I loved the prologue for Kislev and actually gave me a good idea on how to play the faction, Kislev is pretty much straight forward anyway.

Besides, I do love a good story, doesn´t have to be long or complicated, just an introduction to the units/lords released.

Making multiple prologues, which are essentially tutorials to learn the game, is one of the more ridiculous ideas I have seen on the forum lately, and that is saying something.

The dev time needs to go into a gazillion things, but multiple tutorials is the last.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
    edited March 11

AurioDK said:

Making multiple prologues, which are essentially tutorials to learn the game, is one of the more ridiculous ideas I have seen on the forum lately, and that is saying something.

The dev time needs to go into a gazillion things, but multiple tutorials is the last.
    Or turn it into a simple narrative campaign to introduce a new race with new mechanics. The last thing a good idea relies on is your say so.