Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Indyprides opinion on the current situation.

Comments

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 1,437

Nyxilis said:

Oh nevermind. Indy is cookie. Yea no f cookie. Telling everyone they need mental help for pointing out obvious things like they branched off of a early version of the game.

I thought indy was Italian Spartacus for some reason.

Yea nah i definitely didn't expect to see him attack consumers and call em mentally ill.

Later disproven but people still swarmed to it with a zeal of here it is! Without verifying and looking back it was pretty easy to disprove. Which is what he is calling ill.
    Disproven how exactly?

Even if it's not a pre potion of who the what the ever doesn't matter it's still based on a old build. It literally has all the bugs from the older versions.

I find it more damning if they just accidentally reintroduced all the bugs then if they used a pre-build that can be updated. Don't you?

Using a old build is a defense not a attack. If this is a NEW build I've definitely lost more fate in the dev team then if it's just a old build. Wouldn't you?
    Disproven here for example:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/309501/wh-3-is-not-build-on-an-old-wh-2-version-or-missing-ow-faction-reworks#latest
    Sigmar protect us all...

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,601
    I don't think Indy is being overly 'mean' to LoTW, he's simply pointing out if you play a game 8 hours a day on initial release then it will certainly colour your perception of the game.

He has also got to accept that his playstyle is not for everyone, so would CA have really had some clear advantage listening to him on game mechanics? I don't think they would have. To be fair he's made a few good calls and most agree with a lot of things he's said but he certainly doesn't hold all the answers, few people do as I've heard some pretty poor ideas in here.

I agree with Indy in the overall balanced nature of his video, rather than just create his own personal emotional release valve he's offered something more considered and objective, which is what the game needs. I remember equally when he released a video about the original BM DLC pointing out what was right and wrong about it and how he felt it could be better.

The important thing to remember is that's what CA listens to, considered opinions and feedback about the game. Now I know a few people on here who use some serious 'word spaghetti' to try and persuade the majority that CA don't listen to feedback which is simply wrong. The best we can do is take the drama out of the conversation and state clearly what we want.

Personally I have always appreciated the design of Skyrim when it comes to narrative/missions - they only start when you engage with them.
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 974
    This is reasonable. The game has big flaws but im tired of WH2 and aside from getting a little sick of the portals i havent experienced any bugs that have been catastrophic. im happy to wait till some work has been done.

People need to stop shiting on the devs, most of the issues will be from a mix of upper management interferance and sucumbing to the impatience of fans.
    I like all the races. Equally. Wood elves are just the first among equals.
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,294

Can't be worse then milk and cookies recent response telling everyone to "get some help" for talking about branching development. Lost alot of respect for him after his response seemed more like corprate hole plugging. Even book of grudges and sotek were less corprate and we KNOW they're paid for by GW or CA. (Can't remember which)

Also his shots at legend calling him mentally unstable weren't the best.

I mean Legend giving two recent rants -

1) Arguing about why he wasn't included in the game development
    2) Asking the community to boycott the blood pack (a free update for 95% of players who will pick it up).

Hasn't exactly endeared me to his mental state. He makes some good points then drowns them with over-dramatic speechs, shouting and extremely dubious requests. Frankly getting that angry about any computer game is a bit pointless. Cyber punk was a huge let down - it never made me angry...
    Almost like this will I dunno hurt his reputation when his fans get ahold of a game he recommended and find its crap?
  • destroyer67115destroyer67115 Registered Users Posts: 1,294
    Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Oh nevermind. Indy is cookie. Yea no f cookie. Telling everyone they need mental help for pointing out obvious things like they branched off of a early version of the game.

Yea nah i definitely didn't expect to see him attack consumers and call em mentally ill.

Later disproven but people still swarmed to it with a zeal of here it is! Without verifying and looking back it was pretty easy to disprove. Which is what he is calling ill.
    Disproven how exactly?

Even if it's not a pre potion of who the what the ever doesn't matter it's still based on a old build. It literally has all the bugs from the older versions.

I find it more damning if they just accidentally reintroduced all the bugs then if they used a pre-build that can be updated. Don't you?

Using a old build is a defense not a attack. If this is a NEW build I've definitely lost more fate in the dev team then if it's just a old build. Wouldn't you?
    Because, it still had stuff from later builds, some flagrant stuff from later builds.. Reintroduction of bugs is not exactly a new thing here. How many time did the reinforcement bug and other bugs return in game 2? People seem to forget things so fast.

And this eventually got pointed out in Reddit, on here once you read past everyone racing in to slather in on the topic. Like you to I guess! Glossed right over it.
    crazy? Then what? Potion of shamada what ever? I don't give a toss where they branched it. It's still branched. Why are they referencing orc fightiness etc?

Are you really telling me they're so inept they accidentally tangled the code to make it a older version?

You're really not giving the doubt of the benefit.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 12,737
    edited March 12
    Links and timestamp to legend saying he and others gave em feedback and they did nothing?

Also link and timestamp to indy insulting legend and calling CAs customers mentally ill?
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 851
    edited March 13

Nyxilis said:

Nyxilis said:

Disproven how exactly?

Because, it still had stuff from later builds, some flagrant stuff from later builds.. Reintroduction of bugs is not exactly a new thing here. How many time did the reinforcement bug and other bugs return in game 2? People seem to forget things so fast.

And this eventually got pointed out in Reddit, on here once you read past everyone racing in to slather in on the topic. Like you to I guess! Glossed right over it.
    crazy? Then what? Potion of shamada what ever? I don't give a toss where they branched it. It's still branched. Why are they referencing orc fightiness etc?

Are you really telling me they're so inept they accidentally tangled the code to make it a older version?

You're really not giving the doubt of the benefit.
    That it was branched out from a very early state is obvious. That they ported some ongoing improvement from WH2 over during development doesn't change that.

And that CA is throwing all feedback into the bin is no surprise. Asking for feedback is just a polite but meaningless thing to say like "how are you doing". CA didn't want to hear feedback. Still Legend was right to call them out for that, especially for ignoring all the easily fixable bug reports.
    For too long CA's business model was focused on consume zombies and fanboys which buy everything unseen (preorder) regardless of the quality because of FOMO, the "I already invested too much to stop now" fallacy or because they are just plain stupid.
    I hope they realise that their behaviour is why CA releases such bad games as WH3. Not only bad as in full of bugs, but also full of bad design choices like the RoC race, sieges, ect.

Making quality costs money, but when the customers buy it anyway there is no reason for a company to go the extra mile.

Edited by Canuovea
    Post edited by Canuovea on
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 1,086

Oh wow, someone calmly going through the issues without turning it into a badly written drama.

So, do you agree with him when he says that the game is extremely flawed?
    edited March 13
    Just saw one of his previous videos where he concludes that people were expecting too much in regards to Belakors poor implementation.

Yeah, a bad conclusion.

Edited by Canuovea
    Mazisky said:

Oh wow, someone calmly going through the issues without turning it into a badly written drama.

As I agree with everything he said in that section, despite it being deeply flawed (for some) he is still enjoying playing the game and having a lot of fun - like me.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,428

These people have no right to say anything after promoting this game and lying to the common person that they should pre-order, knowing the state of the game.
    These shills already lost favor when they defended stuff like lop-sided Lord pack quality and subpar mechanics like Daith's forge and other low effort trash.

Someone, and I have no idea who (although I suspect they have a very pleasant to the ear cut-glass English accent IRL and a liking for the chocolate peanuts you get at the Spar that he really should start cutting down on), did actually say that to him in the comments section.

His response boiled down to "We all did mention them, you just didn't hear us, and despite you all realising the faults of the narrative campaign within a week, it took us two".

Make what you will of that.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,057

Just that, whatch and judge yourself, but I think this is one of the best videos about the current situation WH3 is going through, he just never disappoints.

Just that, whatch and judge yourself, but I think this is one of the best videos about the current situation WH3 is going through, he just never disappoints.

IMO why WH3 is failing.

1) Loading issues that prevent me from playing battles and the game is always lagging.

2) The release of Elden Ring aka Dark Souls 4 aka japanese videogames will alway be more popular than my favorite western videogames, sadly.

3) The Chaos Rifts are annoying.

4) No Mortal Empires yet.

5) People dismissing Warhammer Fantasy's setting as generic.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,776
    edited March 12
    I love how Indypride can just cut through all the drama and arguments to make a summarizing statement about the game that everyone can get on board with.

This is not Rome 2 Total War 2.0. This isn't me saying that Total War Warhammer 3 is perfectly optimized and without issues, but it was bad back in those days when the game first launched with that much hype. This being the third and final title has kind of prepped us for the potential of certain features not working right as intended, which usually get fixed down the road.

My beef is just that the campaign isn't fun. That's what I think is really killing the game right now. You play it once and you've played it all the same with maybe some different tactics for the same battles. The Vortex Campaign kind of spoiled us in how it was touched up in some expansions or just utterly ignored in others, letting players play as they want. You can't do that in this one, and it's sucking out the steam.
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 1,064
    edited March 12
    I just dont understand how so many of the good fixes from WH2 regressed.

Infantry bowling is back, cav dies instantly to any counter charge, SEM are far too strong, the list goes on.

Overall, the game feels like the proving grounds beta economy but with all of the old bugs wearing you down.

Cheap ranged troops are the best value by far. Somehow cheap bows are considered “dps” yet GW armored infantry is barely cost effective.
  • RocketlegionRocketlegion Member Registered Users Posts: 737
    Personally I think both Legend and Indy make good points. However I think it's ridiculous that we should just ignore the complaints because we expect the game to get better later. Why can't CA just release the game in a good state to begin with.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,743
    edited March 13
    Ixalmaris said:

Just saw one of his previous videos where he concludes that people were expecting too much in regards to Belakors poor implementation.

Yeah, bad conclusion.

This is super disingenuous. This isn't worth having a discussion about if that's the one thing you took away from the Belakor topic, but I'll try again anyway.

The entire first half of the video is spent on all the ways he was implemented poorly and should be improved. No argument was made that people should just be happy with how Belakor is now in terms of the campaign.

The only thing I said that even remotely echoes what you seem to think I said, was that expecting Belakor, AND Shen Zoo, AND Boris to all be playable Legendary Lord rewards with their own unique Start positions, skill trees, and mechanics (when we were told explicitly how many lords would be in the game, and who would they be, and then still ended up getting an extra one anyway) was setting yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by Canuovea
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 1,086

Mazisky said:

As I agree with everything he said in that section, despite it being deeply flawed (for some) he is still enjoying playing the game and having a lot of fun - like me.
    I am happy that you finally agreed that the game is deeply flawed, happy that you enjoy it despite the issues
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,929
    It's clear we're just spinning our wheels here. Maybe if the players here just left all the forums and stopped complaining at all and the player count tanks to below 10k, maybe they'll be at least a bit more open to their future plans so we'll know at least what a rough timeline of what to look forward too. I know I don't see the point in being here for much longer.

If they need to put a huge disclaimer at the beginning and end of such content intention speculation posts, do it, whatever. If IME and the mod workshop really is 8 months off or something they just need to tell us. I'm not gonna wanna play the game any harder the longer we don't know this. It just makes me want to not play more and more.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Mazisky said:

Mazisky said:

I am happy that you finally agreed that the game is deeply flawed, happy that you enjoy it despite the issues
    I said the game style doesn't suit everyone and there should be an option for sandbox so my views haven't changed so I'm not sure where you get 'finally' from.
  • KIT1986KIT1986 Registered Users Posts: 181

Have also performance problems (3080 Ti, i7 12700k). And the game looks strange.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

It's clear we're just spinning our wheels here. Maybe if the players here just left all the forums and stopped complaining at all and the player count tanks to below 10k, maybe they'll be at least a bit more open to their future plans so we'll know at least what a rough timeline of what to look forward too. I know I don't see the point in being here for much longer.

If they need to put a huge disclaimer at the beginning and end of such content intention speculation posts, do it, whatever. If IME and the mod workshop really is 8 months off or something they just need to tell us. I'm not gonna wanna play the game any harder the longer we don't know this. It just makes me want to not play more and more.

I mean the game CAN drop to sub 10k, it has plenty of time since ME won't be here any time soon.
  • neverendingneverending Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,929
    KronusX said:

I mean the game CAN drop to sub 10k, it has plenty of time since ME won't be here any time soon.

Oops, I mean the peak daily counts where even not one point in the day does it go over 10k. If CA can't even get mod workshop out the door in 2 months I can see it getting there very easily.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    ASUS TUF 3080 12 GB
    4TB Sabrent NVMe SSD PCIe 4.0 w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 9,298
    Indypride said:

Ixalmaris said:

Yeah, complete shill.

Smoothbrain take and super disingenuous. You aren't worth having a discussion with if that's the one thing you managed to take away from the Belakor topic, but I'll try again anyway.

The entire first half of the video is spent on all the ways he was implemented poorly and should be improved. No argument was made that people should just be happy with how Belakor is now in terms of the campaign.

The only thing I said that even remotely echoes what you seem to think I said, was that expecting Belakor, AND Shen Zoo, AND Boris to all be playable Legendary Lord rewards with their own unique Start positions, skill trees, and mechanics (when we were told explicitly how many lords would be in the game, and who would they be, and then still ended up getting an extra one anyway) was setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Yup... but EVERY one assumed that Be'lakor was going to be one of those 9 lords. Not an extra bonus lord... just one of the nine. Similarly for years most of us wanted Boris and Katarin to be the LL's for Kislev, not some new (Much better than Cylostra) original character. Granted CA did throw a wet blanket on that one months in advance.

Either way many people are/where in the Bargaining faze of the 5 stages of grief... "we'll he's not a LL but maybe he's an unlockable character"

Belakor was implemented poorly, the Daemon Prince is a terrible character lorewise/narratively but great mechanically/gameplay, Kostaltin is a good original character if not Boris but the Orthodoxy itself is off-putting to some who've loved Kislev since the Old RPG days.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited March 13
    Indypride said:

Ixalmaris said:

Yeah, bad conclusion.

I'm just gonna copy over my comment on that video for you.

"The entire idea that he can't be added because of the narrative is solely on CA writing the thing as such. There is no fundamental reason that he had to be inaccessible. There is no lore reason binding him in the Realms. Whatever blocked him off from being added is entirely on CA writing it as such, not on the actual lore preventing it. If they revived Boris, if they literally rewrote the timeline to make all these events happen before Warhammer 1, then making him playable was not some massive unskippable element to adding him in. The only thing preventing his addition is the invented narrative that CA pushed, which itself breaks the lore seven ways to hell.

So no, there is no fundamental reason why he couldn't be added instead of the Daemon Prince self-insert, other than CA feeling like it. If they wanted to, they could've as easily have changed to narrative to one that made WoC playable in Warhammer 1, and Skaven playable in Warhammer 2. Either by making it so that he occassionally pops up on the map as an enemy who's trying to stall your advance, or as a playable faction with a slightly altered narrative for when you play as him, There is no fundamental reason they couldn't make him playable. And I think this core reason is why they won't do anything different for the combined map, and their honeyed words have more to do with them just making him part of some sort of narrative again, rather than making him a playable LL on start."

And I would say, I would take Boris and him over the two trash tier inventions any day. The entire thing is CA choosing to be idiots. That self insert Mary Sue trash shouldn't have existed in the first place.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    Crossil said:

Indypride said:

Ixalmaris said:

Yeah, complete shill.

Smoothbrain take and super disingenuous. You aren't worth having a discussion with if that's the one thing you managed to take away from the Belakor topic, but I'll try again anyway.

"The entire idea that he can't be added because of the narrative is solely on CA writing the thing as such. There is no fundamental reason that he had to be inaccessible. There is no lore reason binding him in the Realms. Whatever blocked him off from being added is entirely on CA writing it as such, not on the actual lore preventing it. If they revived Boris, if they literally rewrote the timeline to make all these events happen before Warhammer 1, then making him playable was not some massive unskippable element to adding him in. The only thing preventing his addition is the invented narrative that CA pushed, which itself breaks the lore seven ways to hell.

So no, there is no fundamental reason why he couldn't be added instead of the Daemon Prince self-insert, other than CA feeling like it. If they wanted to, they could've as easily have changed to narrative to one that made WoC playable in Warhammer 1, and Skaven playable in Warhammer 2. Either by making it so that he occassionally pops up on the map as an enemy who's trying to stall your advance, or as a playable faction with a slightly altered narrative for when you play as him, There is no fundamental reason they couldn't make him playable. And I think this core reason is why they won't do anything different for the combined map, and their honeyed words have more to do with them just making him part of some sort of narrative again, rather than making him a playable LL on start."

And I would say, I would take Boris and him over the two trash tier inventions any day. The entire thing is CA choosing to be idiots. That self insert Mary Sue trash shouldn't have existed in the first place.
    The DP will and always will be a better option that Be’lakor. The games first customisable LL will always beat an almost generic DP with fancy abilities.

There are few who believe this trash view that the fully customisable DP was a mistake, or he ‘goes against the lore’ compared to being a new idea.

You got it wrong - get over yourself already.
    edited March 12
    Crossil said:

Indypride said:

Ixalmaris said:

Yeah, complete shill.

Indypride's argument "But the cutscenes would not work for him!11!!11!!1"
    Yes, so make new ones. Remember the WH2 Vortex? Every faction had its own cutscenes. So just give Belakor cutscenes that he need to collect the souls for super soulgrinders or break a seal placed on him by each of the 4 chaos gods or whatever and done.
    "But it would be too much work to make three LLs". Nonsense, they already spend the effort to make Boris and Belakor, so they only needed to do one more. They could have cut Daniel instead who no one asked for, is poorly implemented and took a lot of effort with its customization mechanic which could have been spend elsewhere.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,757
    edited March 12
    How can Daniel be a mary sue when he is so ****?
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,616

IMO why WH3 is failing.

1) Loading issues that prevent me from playing battles and the game is always lagging.

2) The release of Elden Ring aka Dark Souls 4 aka japanese videogames will alway be more popular than my favorite western videogames, sadly.

Number 5 is clearly not an issue. The problem with Total War is not people not buying the game, is people not playing it because they are disappointed.

IMO why WH3 is failing.

Real reason why WH3 is failing

1. Chaos Rifts are annoying
    2. Bugs that prevent people from playing
    3. Bugs that prevent people from enjoying the game
    4. Being worse than WH2 because of sieges
    Bayes said:

How can Daniel be a mary sue when he is so ****?

He’s not and never has been.
This discussion has been closed.