Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Following the update i crash every time i try to start a campaign :(

BeardedragonBeardedragon MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,538

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 10,607
    Any error message or just crash?
    Glory matters not.

• BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    Surge_2 said:

just a flat, hard crash. no messages
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,649

Surge_2 said:

just a flat, hard crash. no messages
    recheck files
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,302
    Did you drop any mods?
  • RalevRalev Registered Users Posts: 146
    Same issue here. Seemed to resolve after reinstall.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,443
    If Steam verify your files.

Did you drop any mods?

I dont have any mods at all. But a guy said to verify integrity so ill attempt that.
    edited March 14
    Okay so verifying the integrity of my files helped. Now it works againt.
  • Gustaf97Gustaf97 Registered Users Posts: 78

LoS mentioned how to verify file integrety on steam in his IE map vid. I tried to do that 2 weeks ago. Several files were faulty(or whatever its called). Then steam redownloaded the identified files.

I suspect that this is a solution for many issues most people don't know or will ever know about.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,696
    edited March 14
    Gustaf97 said:

LoS mentioned how to verify file integrety on steam in his IE map vid. I tried to do that 2 weeks ago. Several files were faulty(or whatever its called). Then steam redownloaded the identified files.

I suspect that this is a solution for many issues most people don't know or will ever know about.
    It is considered best practice to verify the game files after a fresh download or install to ensure that there were no issues with the downloading process. Verifying will remove faulty files and replace them with the correct versions of themselves.

In the same way clearing the Steam download cache will replace any corrupted or out of date Steam client files. Corrupted or out of date Steam files can lead to downloads not installing correctly.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    Now my only gripe is that my game crashes way more often than it did before. Before the update my game actually went really smoothly. Now i crash more often.