Let me preface this by saying that all the drama recently is unwarranted. Yes express concerns but it is not doom and gloom people will bounce back when IE comes out. I have noticed people posting youtuber videos who are being dramatic, remember though drama creates engagement and views, youtubers are just trying to capitalize on drama, so they will blow stuff out of proportions both hype wise and then when there are issues being extremely negative.
The good news is that the amount of work done on game 3 is substantial and has created a base template that can now be improved drastically over time as bugs are addressed, some mechanics re-looked at, unnecessary code cleaned up and new DLC added.
Anyways on to solutions rather than useless banter:
1. Add a toggle to turn on and off the rifts and engage in the narrative campaign and have alternate win conditions if you chose not to follow the chaos realm quest line. Alternatively rifts could appear in less areas and you get a warning well in advance if a rift will appear in one of your provinces. There could also be ten or so set locations on the map where rifts appear instead of all over the place.
2. Re-design some of the Chaos realm's to be less frustrating i.e.Tzeench realm or at least don't make the AI consistently chose the optimal path.
3. Make settlements without a defense building be a land battle, tier one can be the unwalled minor settlement maps and tier two walled settlements. Perhaps make the AI build this building more often so that the minor settlement battles don't go from being too prevalent to too scarce.
4. Add an option to turn enable and disable supply structures for settlement battles in your campaign, so that people who lose immersion with towers popping up out of nowhere or feel this is too gamy, can have the option to not use this feature and not play against it.
5. Don't make AI always try to attrition you if you have a walled settlement.
6. Continue to fix reported bugs found by the community
7. IE campaign should not have rifts implemented the way they where in the base game. Perhaps there is one location per continent where a rift occasionally spawns so you can enter the chaos realms. Chaos realms in IE work differently, have a few settlements which non demonic factions can't capture, but other factions are incentivized to raise, and there can be the survival battle where you get benefits for defeating it based on your faction.
8. Be'lakore gets a unique skill line and becomes a playable faction with unique mechanics.
9.Use lessons learned from Three kingdoms to make good DLC that will add to peoples experience of IE and main campaign such as World Betrayed as opposed to Eight Princes. DLC can also be primarily aimed at IE, nothing wrong with that.
10. All Deamon factions get their unique chaos warriors when their respective DLC drops. DLC adds mechanics to factions needing a boost such as Nurgle and Slanesh factions.
Let me know what you guys think about the above.